Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski lessons Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend good instructor/school for 3 intermediate skiers who can ski reds but are not very agressive skiers and want to be able to ski reds well and feel competent when they hit a bit of ice! We are in Val during Easter hols so i know it will be busy.

Also have boy aged 14 who is wanting to do blacks and moguls! any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ruthie, Mountain Masters is a small, high quality British ski school in Val d'Isere. From personal expereince I'd say that Rupert Goldring and Mark Jones are both very good, although I think that any of the instructors at the school will be first class.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ruthie, these previous threads may help

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=228348&highlight=val+disere+tuition#228348
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=194771&highlight=val+disere+tuition#194771
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=18369
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well sitting in Val at the moment...

Have to echo Rob's thoughts there had a couple of days out with Mountain Masters (Rupert), having a great time and learning all sorts of stuff... - btw rob, your greetings have been passed on to Rupert.

Friend out here had a nightmare with Oxygen, but also a good one....

As for moguls - you can find them on the greens atm... SWEEEET!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Moguls on greens? Pretty hard to find them even on La Face nowadays, best bumps are under Tommeuse chair or under Le Fornet cable car. But hey i'm not there so maybe the piste bashers are all bust. Could try TopSki - they used to have a chap called Eric (don't know last name) ex mogul world champ. Used him guiding a couple of season back, he did mogul sesssions as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rutschen wrote:
Have to echo Rob's thoughts there had a couple of days out with Mountain Masters (Rupert), having a great time and learning all sorts of stuff... - btw rob, your greetings have been passed on to Rupert.

Many thanks. I'm hoping to get up to Val early next week and will give him a call to say hello Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ruthie, either mountain masters or the development centre, the OH had a lesson with them a few years back and there was a noticable difference in her skiing after 2 hours
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the suggestions/threads. Haven't had lessons for a couple of years and really want to improve a bit more before I get too old! I think I'll try Mountain Masters first. The 14 year old needs a bit of a challenge as he is quite a good skier however i'm guessing teaching him the right technique is important now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy