Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
any comment/ tips please...
we are a mixed group of from poor intermediates to "hardcore"advanced skiers.
will this resort be too challenging for the poor ints as everywhere i read it says"steep and deep"!?
we are staying in the griz inn? good, bad?
thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went there last year, Fantastic. the lower slopes are perfect for intermediates, wide and friendly. Further up & in the bowls, it can be as hardcore as hardcore gets.
Worth using the free ski hosts, which go out every AM & PM. for a bit of local knowledge.
The Griz Inn is a top location on the hill, with the "Wood Restaurant" one of the best in Fernie. In Fernie town, on the left hand side of the highway, if you're coming from the hill, is the "Curry Bowl" restaurant, mixture of Thai, Indonesian & Indian, great food & good local beer from small micro breweries.
Without a doubt Fernie is the best ski holiday I have ever had. Enjoy. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed at Fernie on our first holiday to Canada about 6 years ago and I was a very lowly intermediate but there was plenty to keep me happy all week. We are currently in Canada and planning a trip over to Fernie sometime next week and really looking forward to seeing bits I didn't see last time Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with the above, as long as they're adventurous the intermediates wil progress very quickly, it's a great resort
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
does anyone have any info on the ski school?
arrive on sun so tour operator ski school is no use as it sates it starts on either a sunday or a thursday.
does anyone know of any packages i could book locally which run from a monday for example monday to friday?
and the price ;P
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jollykay,
I think the Fernie website covers what's available on the lesson front, or just send them a mail. I can recommend an Instructor called Christian.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Trying to decide where to go in March and thought that Fernie was out of my league - I read the "steep and deep" in the bible too!

Maybe I need a rethink????

Does anyone know the transfer time from the airport?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
3 1/2 hours drive from Calgary, if you don't get lost. It's not all steep & deep, there is some great intermediate & beginner slopes too. Go for it!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy