Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me out of my dilemma - does size matter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
maggi, I was on the One Luv's last week, and the trick was to stick them into the slot one at a time, and then take them out one at a time. Though I have to say mine fitted on the gondola fine - it was the rack where I left them overnight that I had problems with, but at least I didn't have any time/movement pressure to get them in and out of those!

Can't comment on the length of mine since I didn't notice how tall they were relative to me, and couldn't swear to the size they were meant ot be anyway!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

go for 158's...... Rossi B2 W 's. I'd sure appreciate a veiw on her decision

Does she ski off-piste? If not, I would have thought that the shorter length, in a lighter ski, would suit her fine. When are you going skiing? How about trying out a few pairs in-resort? I mostly ski on a Volkl EZS ski, light, easy, 156 length. Chosen because it had a good write up PLUS was cheap in end of season sale two years ago. I am 10 stone, competent but not aggressive skier, have skied for 20 years and for much of the last four seasons, still have lessons when the opportunity arises. I have just bought a pair of wider, longer, skis for powder (not much chance to try them yet, this year!!) but on piste, for the sort of skier I am, and the sort of skiing I do (most blues and reds but happy to do blacks in decent snow conditions, or to get to the other side) my short, easy, light ones are just great. The "professionals" do often advise people to go too long, in my experience, perhaps because they can't get their head round people who don't actually want to be constantly taking things to the limit. I have taken several friends back to ski hire shops and insisted on their being given shorter skis. They have always, without exception, been happier on the shorter skis. In many ski hire shops you can keep swapping, if you pay for premium skis, and have fun trying out lots of different skis. I often go up chairlifts next to people with much longer skis than mine (often hired, the French seem to hire much more than the Brits), only to find when we all get off that they are not really very good skiers at all. It beats me why they do it. Stuck in a time warp, I suppose.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy