Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI BLING?

Poster: A snowHead
I keep seeing those VERY SHINY Volant skis for sale but have never seen any on the slopes. Are these they any good or are they just expensive blingy things for the medallion wearing set?

There seem to be several pairs on Ebay fairly cheap.....I thought about buying some to hang on the bathroom wall. Blush
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hellfiresliding, you see quite a few in Zermatt. They're that sort of ski, for that sort of place.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hellfiresliding, I know a few people who have them and have said nice things about them
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hellfiresliding, Volant's are made by Atomic & their shiny looks hide what I'm told is very good performance, albiet at a hefty price.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
they were (maybe still are) very popular in the US of A...............
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll keep my eyes open for a go on some.....I know what you mean about the hefty price though...saw them in SnR in Brum.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.devonski.co.uk/skis-volant.htm A bargain £780 discounted from £895. Hmm you could buy a damn good quiver for that money
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've used them in Mammoth and Courchevel. Very nice skis they are too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RachelQ wrote:
I've used them in Mammoth and Courchevel. Very nice skis they are too.

But are they worth the cost?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
uktrailmonster, Just what I was thinking.....If they are worth it they must be pretty special. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
At £780 a pop, they'd have to be phenomenal. I'm guessing they're certainly no better (and more likely worse) than most other top line skis costing half the price. I'm surprised they don't offer a diamond studded version. Or maybe they do?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not found a diamond but there is a platinum here is a review from ski-review.com

Sporting the same amazing construction and detailed finish as the piste orientated Platinum the M is designed as an all-mountain performer for the advanced skier. Very much a luxury SUV they are easily capable of venturing off the beaten track and tackling the majority of off-piste. On the other hand they are not designed for high-speed, straight-line running, this is not a ski made for kamikaze Swedes or Freeride hoodlums who savour speed and danger, the M is about luxurious all-mountain cruising and they are great at just that. If the odd grand or so splurged on skiing equipment is easily out-weighted by the pleasure of knowing that you're on an exclusive product of exceptional product then the Volant Platinum range is for you.
Very much a luxury SUV they are easily capable of venturing off the beaten track and tackling the majority of off-piste.

I did also see bespoke skis in courchevel last year that were in the £1000 bracket.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So there you go. Aimed squarely at the sort of people who enjoy cruising around London city centre in a Range Rover "Sport". The skiing equivalent of a gold Rolex. If you're prepared to pay £25K on a pair of curtains for your country mansion, £1K on skis is nothing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bloody hell - it seems these Volant things allow Hooray Henry or Henrietta to ski anywhere in absolute luxury and with no effort at all.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The first pair I saw was on the feet of a lady who lived near Breckenridge, but preferred to come to Chamonix for "proper" skiing - and had been doing so for a week or two a year for the last 30+ years. I also saw a pair on the ground outside a watering hole at St Anton a couple of weeks ago, but owner not obviously around. They didn't appear to be locked up either Wink .
ski holidays
Having read that review I'm thinking BLING! BLING! BLING!

I'd rather spend my £1000 on 'ordinary' skis and some travel.
ski holidays
Fat Cat cruising skis
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy