Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your dream car for driving to the snow

Poster: A snowHead
CANV CANVINGTON, Was probably SMALLZOOKEEPER going to the bank with the takings weighing down the car Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surely a helicopter is the ideal?? Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As previously suggested by boredsurfin,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
whatever that new audi jeep thing is called..

Q7.

(Next to Q8, cause it needs to be near an oil refinery...)
nice Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin wrote:
CANV CANVINGTON, Was probably SMALLZOOKEEPER going to the bank with the takings weighing down the car Toofy Grin
nicer !! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I already have my dream car for driving to the snow. It's a Mitsubishi Delica 8 seater 4x4 'bus. It'll happilly cruise all day at 80 on the motorway, it's not phased by snow and off road condition, it's got heaps and heaps of space inside, all the mod cons, nice Kenwood sound system, and my whopping Thule ski box on the roof. And it was cheap.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Trenmold wrote:
A Volvo 240 estate from the classic period - say about 1989/90 2.0 or 2.3 injection petrol engine. Capacious capacity, incredibly reliable, cheap to buy, handles fine in snow and ice (I know 'cos I've done it). You can get in as many skis as you like, luggage, people, dogs, hay bails, yacht sails, building materials etc etc. I always laugh at those huge modern 4x4 vehicles which have such a lack of space that they stick the spare wheel on the outside! Save the money for the finer things in life, don't waste it on cars.

There's a lot to be said for these and their more recent versions. The Volvo 960 estates had self-levelling suspension, limited slip differential, sensible profile tyres and would cruise comfortably down to the resort. Of course, not bling and certainly not for the fashionistas but completely practical and the odd ding here and there on the bodywork only added to the car's character.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sport - now sadly poorly Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My mates 525d Beamer did ok getting 4 blokes and kit there and back last weekend in reasonable comfort after Sleazyjet decided they didn't fancy taking a half full plane to Lyon after all. Unfortunately he was playing with the ridiculously complex i-Drive somewhere near Dijon on the way back and accidently exceeded the speed limit!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
VW Phaeton, 4WD big engine and same chassis as bentley continental, very cheap second hand
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick Dawes wrote:
and accidently exceeded the speed limit!

Whats a speed limit Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Topsmoke, its 90Euros as i found out in December Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, 90€ sounds like a cheap one! How fast did they clock u at and where (for future reference!) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, We got a 90 Euro fine doing 168 kph just North of Dijon - cops with radar guns both sides of the carriageway and bikes to round up anyone who tries to outrun the Gendarmes Ford Focus! Quite good value really, we were going significantly quicker a few klicks earlier!
latest report
Nick Dawes, Makes you wonder how fast the bikes can go wink Laughing
ski holidays
Surely if this is in the vsame vein as the 'luxury skiing' thread, then the idea may not be to drive it yourself (and arrive pole-axed)? I'm thinking Maybach or similar; snowtires/ type of fuel/ speeding tickets - james' problem!

Augusta 109 if I could.

Or, a nice bentley maybe and let someone else worry about the roof box etc, surely they'll be following on behind?!
ski holidays
pielot, good point. Anything with a Chauffeur would suit...
snow report
stoatsbrother wrote:
pielot, good point. Anything with a Chauffeur would suit...

Lets face it if we are in the real luxury set we would be on private jets and helicopter /small plane transfer landing in the resort.

If it has to have wheels one of those huge american camper vans with someone else driving wink
snow conditions
dan100, not for me - I don't like flying but I do like driving!
snow conditions
dan100, so then you move on to airports close to the resort. Aside from altiports which only take small props, I wonder how close you can get to a resort in a plane. I will be in JH next week, and the town is 15 mins drive from the airport. I consider the connecting flight in there as a rather superior coach transfer with better service and no TO rep trying to sell passes to you. I suspect you can get closer still.
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Jaguar X type estate 3.0 AWD Very Happy

Seconded! Very Happy
snow conditions
An Audi (short) S1 Quattro with some winter tyres......here is a link to the master at work up the Col du Torini Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/RIq75ZbYmV8

There is nothing quite like the sound of a 5 cylinder quattro Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil
snow report
Ah, for going up the alps skiing, it has to be a 1980's Lotus Esprit Turbo with ski racks fitted, only so that I can play at being James Bond (For Your Eyes Only), seriously though it would have to be a new Audi RS4, fast and grippy Smile
snow report
drat, double post
snow conditions
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S or an Audi RS6 Avant Plus (not sure how good they would be on the snow though)
latest report
CarlT,
Quote:

Audi RS6 Avant Plus

My brother-in-law has got one, Fat summer tyres with no grip under 6 degrees C & 487BHP. What do you think?
Best mate has an original Audi Quattro Sport (the short wheelbase group B one) 990kg & 515BHP. No that's fun!!!
snow conditions
at 515bhp thats been tweaked somewhat Twisted Evil Whats the spec....they rolled off the production line with 306bhp, all 215 of them
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skinutter,
I think the're are now only 126 left. It's been tweaked by MTM in germany, bored to 2.5L, bigger, no make that huge turbo. Makes the RS6 feel like a shopping trolley in comparison.
Pulls your face off in any gear.
The only thing I've been in that comes close is the Ariel Atom Supercharged.
latest report
sounds awesome......just tossing up whether to retain my Audi S2 Quattro or maybe find a decent RS2 or UR Quattro instead! Twisted Evil

If he ever fancies showing it off, point him in my direction.....I'm an Audiphile LOL
snow report
 John Heaton
John Heaton
dan100 wrote:
Lets face it if we are in the real luxury set we would be on private jets and helicopter /small plane transfer landing in the resort.

I rather fancy this route into Meribel:

http://www.aeroclub-meribel.com/galerie/att%20meri.wmv
snow report
skinutter,
I've been in an original RS2 in Calor gas Blue, driven round a test track by Derek Bell, hit 170+, great car.

Took him 5 years to find the Quattro Sport, bought it in Switzerland and drove it back. Probably worth about 70k now.
Biggest problem he has now is nobody makes tyres for them anymore.
snow conditions
Volkswagen T5 'Sportline'....
latest report
skinutter,
Quote:

There is nothing quite like the sound of a 5 cylinder quattro

Sounds good, but nothing beats the sound of a Hemi. Put some snow tyres on this one.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...5901548356.htm

Turn the volume up, LOUD. Twisted Evil
latest report
Quote:

There's a lot to be said for these and their more recent versions. The Volvo 960 estates had self-levelling suspension, limited slip differential, sensible profile tyres and would cruise comfortably down to the resort. Of course, not bling and certainly not for the fashionistas but completely practical and the odd ding here and there on the bodywork only added to the car's character.

Excellent - I knew there would be a fellow Volvo fan out there somewhere!! Smile
snow conditions
see, someone else agrees Very Happy

ski holidays
perfect would be a small electric car which would mean i live in a traffic free ski resort and therefore wouldn't have to travel far Cool
snow report
I just dug out and watched that Top Gear episode from a year or two ago when Clarkson beat the other two driving to Verbier in a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, nice motor Toofy Grin
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
CarlT,
Quote:

Audi RS6 Avant Plus

My brother-in-law has got one, Fat summer tyres with no grip under 6 degrees C & 487BHP. What do you think?
Best mate has an original Audi Quattro Sport (the short wheelbase group B one) 990kg & 515BHP. No that's fun!!!

I used to have an RS6 - would certainly have another one. There was one in Courchevel at Christmas - running on chunky winter tyres Cool
snow conditions
CarlT,
the new one will have the V10 lambo engine.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy