Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Test or Ski Prestige?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys.

Im off to Val Thorens in half term and Im just wondering whether you can tell me which Intersport package is worth getting.

Im pretty advanced, and will be skiing all over the mountain, and a touch of off piste.

The Ski Test is the most expensive package:

http://www.valthorens-intersport.com/pack_fr_1.html

And costs 151euros

While the Ski Prestige is cheaper, at 123euros:

http://www.valthorens-intersport.com/pack_fr_2.html

Is the Ski Test package worth the extra 30euros? Are the ski's/boots that much better, or should I just stick with the Ski Prestige pack?

Cheers

Tom
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get yourself on some Rossi B2's you won't go far wrong. As for the boots, depends what fits.
There you go, only a small charge of 30euro for the info. wink Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, so you think the 2nd pack is fine? Even if I dont get the B2's?

I sometimes get the impression that even if you order the top pack, the hire guys just give you whatever ski's fit and are nearby, regardless of what package you have ordered.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hingus2000,

Be specific of what you want when you go in the shop. print out the ad and take it with you. if they can't supply what you want at the prestige price, get them to supply the Ski test ones at the same price. they won't lose a rental for the sake of 30 euro. the cost price to them between Prestige & Test is next to nothing. They are buying those skis for about the cost of 2/3 weeks rental, so don't feel like you have to accept what they want to give you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for that I will.

So if i make an order for the Prestige, stating I want the B2's in the notes. When I go and collect or pay, I should just ask (be firm) for the B2's.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hingus2000, I would go for the ski prestige backcountry or freeride, and get either B3s or Volkl Karmas, and save a packet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hingus2000, Kramer is very smart.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
B3's great if powder, B2's bit more of an allrounder, 50%/50% On/Off piste. Both top skis but depends on conditions really. Yes, get what you've asked for, you're the person paying the money.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hingus2000,
Quote:
I sometimes get the impression that even if you order the top pack, the hire guys just give you whatever ski's fit and are nearby, regardless of what package you have ordered.

If you want a particular ski then ask for it in the shop. You're the paying customer and if you make it clear what you're after then the shop should be able to let you have it. If not, then go elsewhere. You don't have to take what they give you.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, Last year i hired some B2's which i got on well with. This year as i ski mainly on-piste i was thinking of trying B1's. is there much difference on-piste.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
riverman,
Did'nt really like the B1's but B2's are fab. If you want just a piste ski the Rossi Zenith Z9 are fantastic, and can cope with a bit of off piste.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, Thanks for the advice
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman wrote:
riverman,
Did'nt really like the B1's but B2's are fab. If you want just a piste ski the Rossi Zenith Z9 are fantastic, and can cope with a bit of off piste.

I had the Zenith z9 (or maybe Z5 oversize, they were Red anyway!) a couple of years ago and they were great, I had the Z5s last year and not so good - bit too flexible o/p and chattery on/p for me but still OK. Out of this list in the "prestige" range, which is closest to the Z9s?

ATOMIC Metron 7.2
K2 Stryker
ROSSIGNOL B2
Salomon Equipe GC
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Closest would be the Atomic Metron 7.2
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone know where if you can hire K2 Public Enemys in Val T.? Interested in giving them a go.
snow report
hingus2000 wrote:
Hi guys.

Im pretty advanced, and will be skiing all over the mountain, and a touch of off piste.

Cheers

Tom

Why not try a good slalom ski Rossignol 9S or Salomon 3V? These are both great for all mountain skiing and are good off piste.
ski holidays
hingus2000,

B2's are not a prestige ski so should not cost the top rate...

For the prem rate you'll be lookin at this year's SL darlings or things like Mantras or Pures etc... If you aren't interested in skis of that ilk, don't waste your money on the Prem/VIP skis.. IMV
snow report
petemillis wrote:
hingus2000,
Quote:

If you want a particular ski then ask for it in the shop. You're the paying customer and if you make it clear what you're after then the shop should be able to let you have it. If not, then go elsewhere. You don't have to take what they give you.

Ah but if you want a discount and you book in advance, the terms and conditions say that they can substitute a similar ski if they don't have the ones you think you're getting. You can't go elsewhere without losing your payment/deposit.

Or...is the "discount" for advanced booking genuine? Are the "walk in" prices really 30% more or is this just a way of reelin' them in?
latest report
Does no-one else find it a little strange that the link as posted above with illustrations shows a pair of very dodgy rear entry boots as the Ski Test package. In the unlikely event that I have to hire boots I would be well un-impressed to find myself trying to buckle up the back...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy