Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Serfaus???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking about trying a different destination in Austria to my usual haunts of Ischgl, StAnton, and Zell am See ... want somehwere with a decent range of slopes, reasonably good lift system, nice resort ambience, decent apres as the slopes close and nice restaurants. I particularly like Ischgl because it's not full of Brits and has a very "Germanic feel" to it.... A mate suggested Serfaus to me.... he went years ago and reckons I'd like it.

Has anyone been and if so, can you give me any advice on where to stay, best runs, where to eat, how good is the lift network, where's the best apres etc? Generally prefer B&B accomm

Thanks in anticipation.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One of my friends is there this week...I'll get the info this time next week...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnowGod, Yes, went in December '05. Thoroughly recommend it (and linked resorts of Fiss and Ladis) apart from your apres ski requirement... not a lot going on. Found this article... http://www.snowmagazine.com/ski_snowboard_f_detail.aspx?id=136 - sums it up IMO.

Best try the Tourist Office for accom.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, Bode Swiller, Thanks....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
was there late spring 3 years ago checking out the place for ski trip for a group for the following year and we decided against cos the accomodation was very expensive with terrible food with very little english spoken in the town but it was typical traditional pretty austrian town. was prob a bad time of year, and we only stayed 1 night and possibly got the wrong first impression. we went for lermoos instead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
creedgearoid, apart from the comment about poor food, you highlight every good reason for wanting to go to a resort for me, anyone else?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any more thoughts on this area for a mixed group of adults and kids of varying abilities for half term next year. We looked at Crans Montana but couldn't find accommodation that had very easy access to the lift system. Does this place resolve that problem? Can anybody recommend a good hotel (****) for foodies that don't like to walk to their skiing. Many thanks in anticipation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick W, Hotel Schalber is the best, followed by the Cervosa (where I stayed, although I had a good nose around the Schalber. Food really excellent). You need to walk a few hundred metres in both cases to the underground train that will whisk you to the lift station... painless. Main lift station has a really efficient ski depot system so you can all dump your gear there at the end of each day, change into apres boots and walk (go to google and look up walk or walking snowHead ). A good choice for half term as you won't suffer the kind of crowds you get say in popular French resorts.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, Have now had a good hunt around the interweb to locate suitable hotels. There are 3-4 very near the lift end of the village. These include the Gabriela, Jenny's, the Serfauserhof and the Alte Schiede.
Couldn't find any references to "walking" Puzzled but am guessing that it is the thing you do when you take your skis off outside a bar or the hotel front door (similar to staggering but in the other direction Laughing )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy