Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US ski team’s head technician sent home from World Cup tour

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Brian Burnett, the head technician for the US ski team has been sent home for failing to tune Scott Macartney’s skis for a race after a night out. It meant that McCartney missed the World Cup super combined race in Wengen (Switzerland) 12 days ago. Burnett has been removed from the circuit indefinitely, and it is uncertain when he will be allowed back. ...But, the US team is supporting him; he is very popular with the skiers and coaches. The US team has a tough alcohol policy this season, and athletes and coaches are now forbidden from drinking alcohol in one another’s presence, and at team activities such as meetings, dinners and video sessions.

See: http://www.skiracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4706&Itemid=2
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"and athletes and coaches are now forbidden from drinking alcohol in one another’s presence"

They encouraging them to drink alone??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
article says "“It wasn’t that I was on the town all that much, but yes, I’d been out,” Burnett said in a telephone interview. “I had a tough time making it to the ski room and because of my behavior Scott was not able to race.”

If he wasnt out that much - how did he have a tough time getting to the ski room ?

Did some wag fill the corridor with balloons ? did his sat-nav send him the non motorway route ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I heard what happened, bit unlucky. Feel quite bad for the man really, decent guy.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stab wrote:
decent guy.

Yup, always one for standing his round...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
el Hen wrote:
..........athletes and coaches are now forbidden from drinking alcohol in one another’s presence, and at team activities such as meetings, dinners and video sessions.......

Sounds fun.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
so...no American over-reactions then.

I mean, presumably the guy is World Cup level good at his job? And there aren't any replacements? or, ...he's not. So either the septics are being habitually excessive or there isn't a news story there at all.

Poor guy.

Hmm, a PS: he couldn't get to tune the skis, but the racer couldn't make it to the course! Surely that's worse? Had he been drinking too?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
how big of a f#nny do you have to be not to race cos your ski's aint been serviced. Fair enough you do all you can to give yourself the best chance and equipment prep is vital. And ok the previous setup of the ski's he had on the go may not have suited the day's conditions but is that a good enough reason to not race? (and how hard is it for anyone to tune / detune their own edges based on conditions - forget the wax, edges are far more important)

If I was good enough to race for my country and live the dream, i'd go down the hill on any old sh@ite!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thing was he never got his skis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy