Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl Info Required

Poster: A snowHead
SnowGod, how long is the transfer from innsbruck in a mini-bus to ischgl,we get in at 9.25am and are hoping to get a half day pass for saturday
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi All,
Just back from Ischgl last Saturday - what a resort. I'll hopefully write a report when I get the time (to repay for all the info I got before going), but just a couple of items to mention for those going in the next week or so:
1. The conditions are great there - even before the fall of snow last Sunday to Tuesday the condtions would have been ok, but now - powder everywhere and a bit more due this week!!
2. Neilski - we were trying to find a place to watch the Ireland v England rugby match and the only place we could find was a hotel call Solarium - if you are walking down the main street you pass the silveretta gondola on the left, continue on past Burger King, again on the left - keep going and you pass Eurospar on the right (apologies for using BK and Eurospar as landmarks in such a lovely town - but they are ones that everyone will recognise easily) - keep going as if you are heading out of town and go down a hill and after about 200 yards the Solarium hotel is up on your right.
3. For ski rental - we used Adler Sport - right across from the Silveretta gondola and we got a 15% discout - everyone was happy with the boots/skis and we could store them there every night - very handy: ski down red 1 drop off the equipment head to the pub, pick it up again in the morning and a short walk to the silveretta gondola.

Hope this helps,

Any other Q's please let me know,

Killeagh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Killeagh, thanks' hotel solarium it is then, if any other snowhead rugby fans are there on the 17th march we will be there to watch the eng v wales match
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Killeagh, thanks, we're off on Saturday and hope to catch the rugby on Sunday. A review of the resort would be great. It looks like there will be a load of snow at the weekend too. Any tips on quieter areas would be good. We'll ski pretty much anything pisted.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Report done on Ischgl - some of it is taken from Deliaskis' report from January 2006
Hope this helps,

Killeagh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
does anyone know how long it takes to get upto idlap on either of the cable cars from the village, i have a bit of logistical planning to do regarding ski school and kids etc Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

does anyone know how long it takes to get upto idlap on either of the cable cars from the village, i have a bit of logistical planning to do regarding ski school and kids etc

They're quite long rides.... bout 15 mins 'ish. If you get the lower of the two gondolas on the left of the village as you look at the map you then have to ski down a short blue to Idalp. The other one which leaves by the Hotel Elizabeth takes you straight there, as does the main one in town. Most ski school lessons meet at Idalp.

Quote:

SnowGod, how long is the transfer from innsbruck in a mini-bus to ischgl,we get in at 9.25am and are hoping to get a half day pass for saturday

Minibus from Innsbruck should take about 1.5 hours to resort, weather and traffic permitting. May even do it a little quicker. I've only done it in the dark in mid winter. I usually fly into Freidrichschafen or Zurich and hire a car. You should be fine for an afternoon on the slopes, as most of the accommodation is quite convenient for the lifts and there won't be any queues at that time. I guess it depends on whether you need ski/boot hire as to how quickly you can actually be up on the mountain. Careful coming down to the village first day if you have kids. The snow can be ice or sugar with plenty of bare patches and half the skiers / boarders are 15 stone Germans who've necked about 12 litres of beer somewhere on the mountain during the course of the day. They don't have a great deal of respect for personal safety for either themselves or others and they do like to show off a bit on the "home straight" of the descent where everyone is watching for the next faller from the outdoor bar of the Hotel Elizabeth right at the bottom of the piste... just where the ambulances wait for their next fare!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowGod,

Careful coming down to the village first day if you have kids. The snow can be ice or sugar with plenty of bare patches and half the skiers / boarders are 15 stone Germans who've necked about 12 litres of beer somewhere on the mountain during the course of the day. They don't have a great deal of respect for personal safety for either themselves or others and they do like to show off a bit on the "home straight" of the descent where everyone is watching for the next faller from the outdoor bar of the Hotel Elizabeth right at the bottom of the piste... just where the ambulances wait for their next fare!

thanks for the info, i am a bit worried about the runs back to resort, seems like everyone has something bad to say about them Evil or Very Mad
only four days to go i just can't wait snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Killeagh wrote:
Hi All,
Just back from Ischgl last Saturday - what a resort. I'll hopefully write a report when I get the time (to repay for all the info I got before going), but just a couple of items to mention for those going in the next week or so:
1. The conditions are great there - even before the fall of snow last Sunday to Tuesday the condtions would have been ok, but now - powder everywhere and a bit more due this week!!
2. Neilski - we were trying to find a place to watch the Ireland v England rugby match and the only place we could find was a hotel call Solarium - if you are walking down the main street you pass the silveretta gondola on the left, continue on past Burger King, again on the left - keep going and you pass Eurospar on the right (apologies for using BK and Eurospar as landmarks in such a lovely town - but they are ones that everyone will recognise easily) - keep going as if you are heading out of town and go down a hill and after about 200 yards the Solarium hotel is up on your right.
3. For ski rental - we used Adler Sport - right across from the Silveretta gondola and we got a 15% discout - everyone was happy with the boots/skis and we could store them there every night - very handy: ski down red 1 drop off the equipment head to the pub, pick it up again in the morning and a short walk to the silveretta gondola.

Hope this helps,

Any other Q's please let me know,

Killeagh

Glad the rugby is on there as I am staying with thirty clients in the Solaria from Saturday!!! I have so many requests asking if the rugby will be on!! ....Welsh & English clients!!!! They all arrive late afternoon so going to be busy in there! I was in Ischgl last week for a recce mission as we had not skiied the area before and it seems fine and a party resort!! See you all in the Solaria.......with England stuffing Wales!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
summer, welcome to snowheads
i am out to ischgl on saturday and will definatly be watching england stuff wales, can't wait
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, Im going to Ischgl the last week of March...does anyone know the name of the main lift right in the center of the town??
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
it should be Fimbabahn
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
baba4ko, this one?

that's right next to this? snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No RachelQ, it's Silvrettabahn
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fimbabahn is connected to village center with tunnel
and next to Jgerhof Hotel

Pardatschgratbahn begins from Elisabeth Hotel
Silvrettabahn is close to Silvretta Hotel form where above picture is
snow report
Just back from Ischgl and had an amazing week of skiing. Glorious blue skies everyday and the snow held up well above mid station. The runs to resort were looking a bit sorry for themselves towards the end of the week and the run into Samnaun was also getting a bit soft and slushy on the flat part to the gondola. It's a great run though and well worth doing. A good schuss as it flattens out and very little poling is required.

I heeded the advice about not skiing the home runs with the exception of one day when the Fimbabahn was closed and we had no choice from mid station. It was a nightmare. I'm a competent 13 weeker and it was hard work consisting of either sheet ice or slush, narrow, lots of people and a few drunken skiers. If you really must ski it and are staying at the Jaegerhof there is a fork about 800m down the road that leads off from Fimbabahn mid station. The right hand turn will take you about 50 metres up from the hotel. Otherwise take the lift to the bottom and take the tunnel to the half way point and the lift up to the hotel. I think all resorts should have a tunnel! The walking in ski boots was minimal from this location.

The lift network is top notch and so is the grooming. After Idalpe the queues in busier areas move quickly even if they look like they take a while it only ends up being a few minutes. I saw 2 t-bars but didn't need to use them and only took a 2 seater chair at the bottom on run 7. The rest were 4, 6 or 8 seater modern comfy chairs.

It's the best piste skiing I've experienced, rated just above Saalbach, our next favourite. Alp Trida is a great area for warming up and practicing carving with some good reds to move onto. The views over the valley are also stunning. We also loved bombing it down run 7 on the Austrian side too. To be honest they're all great, wide and long.

The apres ski was excellent. We loved the Kitzloch near the Pardatcshgrat bahn for the cheese and ski boot dancing on tables. The Paznaun restaurant on the mountain has a DJ from 2pm onwards - hence the drunken skiers on the home runs. This place does fantastic pizzas and grilled chicken and has a lively atmosphere. We didn't get a chance to sample all the apres ski as there is a lot!

All in all, it's a smart resort, very efficient with civilised queuing and skiing - until the last runs of the day anyway! The general standard of skiing was very high and I saw very few falls and thus I had a lot of confidence in the skiers around me. We were very fortunate with the weather but as most of the skiing is above the tree line I imagine it can get a bit bleak in snowy weather.

Ischgl is a must! The cost of the overall holiday was a bit more than normal but well worth it.
snow conditions
Hayls, Glad you enjoyed it, but don't tell everyone... keep the secret!!! wink

Ischgl is my favourite resort. Top quality in everything it does. Roll on April 4th Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
It was better in 1985 Very Happy

Uncrowded
Fewer Lifts (Still 3 Gondolas from town)
Unlimited Off Piste
Great Germanic Apres Ski
latest report
SnowGod, enjoy! Very envious and with some fresh snow this week and plenty above mid station you should be in for a good week.

stanton, the last point most definitely still applies! And there seemed to be lots of off-piste, albeit fairly tracked out by the end of the week.
ski holidays
Each time I've been there the off piste has been great. If you get up the mountain early after a fresh snowfall you can ski til lunchtime without seeing a soul as they're all hung over and in bed until 12!!!!
ski holidays
SnowGod wrote:
Each time I've been there the off piste has been great. If you get up the mountain early after a fresh snowfall you can ski til lunchtime without seeing a soul as they're all hung over and in bed until 12!!!!

I did not say that Off-Piste was not Great . I was saying that years ago it was unlimited.
A huge part of the ski area has now been serviced with lifts.
snow report
Gotcha...
ski holidays
Just back from Ischgl, absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!
1 week nonstop skiing, all runs and lifts open, no waiting times for lifts (even1 minute), almost empty runs. Only one time I wait for a lift 15 min and it was last Sunday on Silvretabahn at 9.00AM. Since then I have used Fimbabahn and there was empty every time I’ve been there.
New fallen snow has improved conditions to runs down to the town as well as south sides runs
Shame had to live yesterday Sad
Will write more lately
ski holidays
baba4ko, glad you had a great time, sorry we didn,t meet up.
but what a fantastic week, got to do an off piste tour over to switzerland with a guide, it was the best skiing experience i have ever had Laughing
i will have to do a full report soon.
SnowGod, thanks for all your info it really helped us find our feet quickly, you were so right about ischgl, it really is a great place in all ways Very Happy
summer, shame about the result but we had a great laugh with the irish contingent anyway
snow conditions
Neilski, baba4ko, So glad you both enjoyed Ischgl so much. It's a resort of the highest quality in all regards IMHO and it's certainly my favourite ski resort. Keep it quiet though... don;t want it ending up like Meribel !!! wink

I can't wait... arrive 4th April for a week. Snow looks great and more forecast....

Neilski - who was your guide and do you have a mobile number for him? Feel free to PM me. Cheers. Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowgod, yes Ischgl is really good and smart made resort, We had good wetter with plenty new snow , at times visibility was rally poor in highest slopes and I used to skiing in runs 1, 4, 5, 7 and 3 in the forest to Fimbabahn middle station, runs were very good. Enjoyed a lot skiing in Austrian side and especially 4, 33,34,10,24, 40 and 12 who goes down to Hollenbahn and from Swiss side 70, 76. For a week I skied everywhere, beside some blue in Swiss side. We stayed in Hotel Piz Tasna with HB and did not eat outside in the evenings. Those who look for accommodation on highest level and excellent food I recommend this hotel. It's in calm location but very convenience- 50 m from the slopes and 150m from the dorftunel.
Food in Idalpe is expensive 1 beer +1 schnitzel + potato puree = 14.50 Euro.
I paid for 8 day ski pass, wanted to skiing a lot from Saturday afternoon when we arrived (for 2 hours) they charged as a day and Saturday Morning for 2 hours as well when we leaved. Small tip from me , you can buy a thicket for non skier - 16.50 euro per day go to Idalpe with gondolas and skiing in following lifts that do not need ski pass (Gratbahn B8, Nachtwidebahn C4, Holbodenbahn C1, Sassgalunbahn C3, Höllspitzbahn E2, Velilleckbahn F1, Bodenalpbahn E3, Palinkopfbahn D1, Zeblasbahn D2, may be I missed some and also there are in Swiss side, as well as in middle stations of the gondolas no one ask for ski pass)
Those are plenty of options for skiing for half day or even full day without buying an expensive ski pass Toofy Grin.
Bellow some pictures

View from Fimbabahn

Run 1

Run 1 VIEW FROM SILVRETTABAHN middlestation

VIEW TO PARDATSCHGRAT

HOLLENSPITZE

CROWDED LIFTS

PARDORAMA

VIEW TO IDALPE

Run 12

Run 1 IN 4 PM

APPRESKI

same

VIEW FROM GREITSPITZ

PALINKOPF

SAMNAUN

Run 5

Run 3

ISCHGL

ON THE ROAD TO ISCHGL

Me
snow report
baba4ko,
Great pics and thankyou, a very different picture from my visit to Samnaun in Feb when the upper Ischgl runs were windswept and the southfacing side of the valley was green/ brown but the piste conditions were still good. snowHead
latest report
Good to see the valley looking white again!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
baba4ko, funny for me to see these pictures as they are the same we obviosly enjoyed the same runs.
if you go again the best way is to buy a half day (after 11.30am) or last thing(after 2.0pm) lift pass for the saturday, then get a seven day pass, and sell it on the monday at the lift station to some one looking for a half day pass when you are done.
on the first saturday i brought four passes of a local at 11.30am who had just finished his three day break for 15 euros each then got 5 euros deposit back aon each at the end of the day
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy