Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in Meribel / 3V?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone out there at present? Heading out in two weeks on what has become known as the 'Bish Bash' snowHead and wondered what conditions were like. Webcams look good, but somehow I don't quite trust the overoptimistic SCGB reports which are not even consistent with themselves wink

Nothing beats hearing the unbiased truth from someone who has only to look out their window - so anyone out there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AxsMan, Spoke to the owner of the flat we are in this morning. They came back on Thursday in a blizzard. She said she hadn't skied because it was too icy for her, but she thought it would be OK now. Had to scrape snow off the plane at Lyons. The webcams look great, but I expect you know that.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Bish,I like the sound of 'blizzard'! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm just back from Les Menuires (skied the other valleys as well). At the start of last week there was a lot of ice on the lower slopes so maybe not the best conditons but definitely not bad. We had snow then on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so the only problems were visibility Shocked (sometimes we were skiing nearly blind!) and the fact that there was too much snow (a lot of fresh snow making it tough on the legs!), something which, given all the "doom and gloom" going on recently I definitely hadn't been expecting! Thursday and Friday were GLORIOUS .... blue skies and PERFECT snow conditions everywhere! Honestly, I don't think you could ask for any more. So for anyone heading to the 3 valleys, don't mind all the scare-mongering, the snow is great! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks lynn, that's just what we want to hear! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from 3 days of glorious sunny skiing in Meribel/3Vs Very Happy

Piste conditions are good in all 3 valleys with nearly all runs open. We skiied to most of the villages and even the lower pistes seemed ok - a mixture of looking after last weeks snow and careful use of cannons I think.

Wish I was still there and not stuck at my desk Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got back from Meribel. No snow at all for the last 9 days, and with daytime tempertures way above freezing ,its like April.
Rock hard slopes in the morning, then softer lower down in the afternoon. Large slabs of ice over rocks on the runs down to Meribel centre . It was too warm for the cannons. Corcheval offered the nicest runs , it was hard to find consistant areas of nice snow , forget any pow , its all skiied out. What was there was only about 30cm, and there are rocks a plenty. I board and ski , and stayed on 2 planks , as it was so hardpack.
It wasn't too busy , and we only queued for a maximum of 2 minutes, and at most lifts we were straight on. We used the moguls at the side of the blacks as the nicest way down the mountain.
I had a shock in one Courcheval lunch stop.- Eur 4.20 250ml Sprite, self service, with no ice or lemon. i should have walked out.
Chalet girl said alot of regular snowheads who work in the 3 valleys were leaving ,as the upside to rubbish hours and money.-The skiing, was so bad they were off to North America.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi folks Very Happy

Im thinking of going out to Meribel on the 24th Feb any of you meteorologists out there have any idea if there is any snow on the way, i know you can't do a 2 week forecast but any glimmer of hope in the next few days would be nice to hear
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dunno about the 24th, but has anyone seen the forecast for the 10th and 11th! WooooHooo! Bring it on!!!!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
just come back from la tania but skied to meribel a few times. its ski able but in only in the morings befor the verry little snow turns in to slush patch's and ice patch's. Wasnt too bad in val thorens tho but it was proper busy up there. Dont go to la tania the runs are bad espeacailly the green on the right hand side going down into la tania. hape it all works out for you.!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just back from meribel. despite the lack of very recent snow there was still some good piste skiing to be had in the 3V. some ice, but nowhere near as bad as the beginning of jan last year. also big dump coming their way this weekend.

have a fab time, but avoid the fish sauce vodka in le pub. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
goaty, Welcome to snowHead 's. Thanks for the info and wishes, but TBH I think the warning wasn't really needed - Yeuch! Shocked Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
goaty, Welcome to snowHead 's

We were in the 3v w/c 9th Jan last yr and condions were not great,but we had a great time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just returned from Courchevel yesterday. Plenty of excellent piste skiing to be had all week, and the snowfall during the second half of the week has helped a lot. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am in VT at the moment. Blizzard conditions last night and still windy this morning with not much open yet. Cold and good powder so it's set to be great once the wind dies down and visibility improves a bit. Difficult to tell snow depths as it's drifted all over the place in resort. Yesterday it rained for a while in Mottaret and lower down making things slushy but by the afternoon things had improved.
ski holidays
Any update on what 3 V is like at the moment?

Am thinking of booking to go out on the 17th March.

Good or Bad Idea?
snow conditions
snax001, I always use http://www.merinet.com/snow_report.php?id_snow_report=1729 for pre-holiday build-up. There's a report usually every other day or so.
ski holidays
they got 60cm+ in the past 2 days Smile
latest report
AxsMan, I'll be in Val T from 10th to 17th....would be grateful for any reports.... but I'm going anyway so it really doesn't make so much difference.
Cool
snow report
hellfiresliding, well I can report that the conditions from the 11-th to 18th of Feb in the 3V were excellent snowHead Can't help you with next month though (sadly) Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy