Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Yet another boot question...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got a new pair of boots with custom footbeds, generally felt good but I have worn them around the house for 30-60 minutes a few times to bed them in. One problem I've noticed is that the right foot feels a little bit sore on the outside of the foot about an inch back from the knuckle (if that's what it's called), this is the widest part of the foot. It's not a sharp pain but I can feel it. Also I kinda feel like the footbed might be giving too much support to the arch and supinating the foot too much so that the weight is on the outside of the foot. This might not be the case and I'm jumping to a wrong conclusion.

I wasn't too bothered about going back to the shop (EB) straight away because I know that the liner pack out a bit anyway and I didn't want to get the shell stretched and then after a week's skiing feel that they're too loose!

Anyway I was planning to give them a test run in a week or two at MK. So, should I do that first and then see what happens, or it is this something that is unlikely to go away without some adjustment?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Give them a test run or two, wear them around the house for a couple of weeks, and see what happens.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zebedee, I agree with Kramer. Don't judge them till you have skied a day or two on snow. It is a very different situation from being around the house. My (perfectly fitting) boots were hurting me in the same area when wearing them around the house a few weeks back. No problems on the piste.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stoatsbrother wrote:
zebedee, I agree with Kramer. Don't judge them till you have skied a day or two on snow. It is a very different situation from being around the house. My (perfectly fitting) boots were hurting me in the same area when wearing them around the house a few weeks back. No problems on the piste.

Thanks for that, that's reassuring.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Also I kinda feel like the footbed might be giving too much support to the arch and supinating the foot too much so that the weight is on the outside of the foot. This might not be the case and I'm jumping to a wrong conclusion

zebedee, I fe;t the same way about my new boots and footbeds when wearing around the house. They were fantastic though when on the snow.

Still rubbish for walking in though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zebedee - I got some new boots recently and I know that specific pain.

Give the boots a chance first - because I had that a number of other problems when the boots were brand new. 3-4 days into wearing the boots the other issues went away as the liner started to pack.

Have a look at the footbeds and have a look if there are pronounced toe ridges. In my case the ridges were pushing my foot back a little too much and causing that part of my foot to cramp. I bought the boots from SMALLZOOKEEPER, but he'd reused my existing footbed as it looked ok and he wanted to save me the cost of new one. The toe ridges, which weren't a problem in the old boots because they'd packed, caused a problem in the new boots.

I took a small blow torch to the footbed, carefully heated the area and pushed out the toe ridge. I've not had the problem since. (Do be careful if you decide to do this at home!).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zebedee wrote:
Also I kinda feel like the footbed might be giving too much support to the arch and supinating the foot too much so that the weight is on the outside of the foot. This might not be the case and I'm jumping to a wrong conclusion.

I felt this specific feeling when i got my last new set of boots, but when i started to use them the feeling went away. I think its purely because none of my other shoes support the arch properly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy