Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How accurate is Snow-forecast.com?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping they know what they're talking about because they've just forcast lots of snow for cervinia later on this week. And i'm off to cervinia on Sunday Smile big smiles if they are correct Wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my experience it's better than nothing, but the 4-6 day forecast can be wildly inaccurate. Look on it as a general guide to conditions...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cross check snow-forecast with this site. http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/wxcharts/wxcharts.htm
It looks like snow particularly in Eastern Alps.
Above site courtesy of the American Weatherman from SCGB. Where's he?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Their 3 day was pretty much spot on whilst I was away.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me and my friends work on a rule of thumb of divide by 10! Probably a bit harsh, but certainly gets rid of any false hopes!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Long did we debate the usefulness or otherwise of www.snow-forecast.com in another place...

Until recently I was completely obsessed by it, not bad for 3 day forecast but the 10 day was a bit creative - snow seemed to evaporate as it got closer Crying or Very sad

Not managed to find Regis Walters (our american weather forecaster), he had his pictures of Zermatt on Yahoo - but you need to join Yahoo to message him and it didn't seem to like the cut of m' jib.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a yahoo log on but havn't been able to find him there. Do you know his yahoo id? (pm if you do).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ian, what was the url of his photos? Yahoo usually like me Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I use this site but mainly cos I like the animated pics of snow http://www.metcheck.com/snow/ snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey, SCGB chat search is working: here's the url
Code:
(deleted - too long, look at link)

and link

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 17-02-04 16:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks. you can delete the code if you wish......and put us back to a normal size page Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No joy. The photos are great, but it won't let me message him. I'll try and track down his address by other means Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, both snow-forcast and metcheck tell the same story - Snow Very Happy So fingers crossed and it might come true
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'v always found the six day snow-forecast pretty good for asseing the trends. i.e getting colder, milder, possibility of snow etc.
If there expecting snow in the three day range, then they're mostly right. Just not necessarily the amounts.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Normally they are correct about the timing of a dump but the dump can be a few hundred km's out.
Now is a prime example - a couple of days ago they were predicting Switzerland was going to get dumped on, this morning they are saying North Italy / Austria will get dumped on.
Haven't found anything more accurate than snowforecast.com and have been able to ski October powder for the last few years by basing my trips on their short term predictions.
ski holidays
Metcheck was pretty accurate, but snow-forecast was somewhat over optimistic in their predictions for snow - it didn't!
latest report
snow-guess.com is crap.
I took the 6 day forecast to La Plagne a few weeks back and with the exception of 1 day the forecast wasn't even close the reallity. We had 7 days of clear blues Cool and no cloud at all - snowguess forecasted cloud for most of the week with occasional rain. rolling eyes
latest report
Shame 'cause i want it to snow Very Happy Anyways, 3 more days and i'll see the weather for myself. I can't wait Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy