Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swix F4 paste vs Zardoz Notwax

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to hotwax my skis before I go out.
Then I plan to use one of the above products every day after the first few days to replenish the wax.
Which on'es better and why, or is there not much in it?

For example,
Do you have to cork F4 cos I really can't be arsed
Does Zardoz notwax dry out the base?
Does Zardoz notwax work well on cold dry snow if you apply it the night before rather than just before you use the skis?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GordonFreeman, I've only got experience of the notwax, so can't give a comparison. To me it seems to work well, and many people that I've skied with this year have commented on how well my skis run in comparison to their own. It doesn't seem to dry out the base, and if it's cold and dry it does recommend that you buff it after application with a tissue. My experience has been that it doesn't make much difference if you use it the night before, or in the morning before you set off.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can you buff it with a nylon brush or is that too abrasive for the coating?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GordonFreeman, it suggests that you use a tissue. Notwax is a liquid teflon, that you pour onto an applicator sponge to apply to your ski bases, rather than a waxy substance.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Notwax comes with its own applicator (felt material) built into the lid. It doesn't dry out the base, it actually helps prevent it from drying. No need to buff it with a brush, a tissue is fine. It's good stuff and works well as a daily top-up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How many days do you think the wax will last before I have to start rubbing on the notwax?
And then how long does the notwax last - a couple of days?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i used the notwax directly on top of the wax, ran very smooth. highly reccomend zardoz notwax
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GordonFreeman wrote:
How many days do you think the wax will last before I have to start rubbing on the notwax? And then how long does the notwax last - a couple of days?

There's way too many factors to give an accurate answer. I've just had a week in Verbier in temps of between 0 to minus 15C & the Dominator uni wax that I applied before the trip was as fast on the last day as the first so I didn't need any ZN. I needed to edge tune nightly though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, I hope you had a great week with Warren last week?Did he teach you a few new tricks wink
I would like to thank you for your considerable time and hospitality last weekend during my tuning lesson,it has certainly exploded a few of the myths and mysteries about home tuning and I have serviced a couple of pairs for friends and family since then Shock If you want to get into maintaining your own skis, seek some hands on experience with Jon, I would highly reccomend it!!!
Once again many thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GordonFreeman, Regarding the Notwax, it's very easy to apply, but in my experience needs re-applying daily. Definitely makes a difference, shame it's not a bit cheaper! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can you only tell the wax has gone when the skis start to stick ?
As a rough guide say on groomed slopes 50% hardpack, 50% powdery - about 3 days ?
I might just wax 2 or 3 times and then apply Notwax every 2 days ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy