Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster

I'm off to Meribel next week and for the first time I have to buy insurance (previously insured through work), I've been getting some quotes (including off piste, with guide) and they seem to vary a bit.

Columbus seem pretty cheap (bout £23 for me) and seem to have all bases covered, but I also looked at dogtag.co.uk, they are a bit more pricey (£35) but offer the dogtags and other bits, and having had to call on medical insurance before I was considering them.

Does anyone have any experiance/ tips, are dogtag worth the extra?

I know it boils down to a personal peace of mind thing, but any advice would be appriciated.

Chris
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cinglis, welcome to posting on snowHeads snowHead You will find it strangely addictive.

There have been a few threads on insurance, so it may be worth doing a search.....

Personally I've never used dogtag....I ususally go for insureandgo.com and hope I don't need to claim!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B, I can second that, I will be going with Insureandgo.com again this year
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Direct Travel are worth a look at.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowcard allows you to insure you for what you need. They were good when I had to have travel assistance home, and covering medical expenses, last season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used direct travel a few times, never had to claim, but they seem to tick all the boxes, reckon it would cost you £20 for a single trip to Europe.

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just taken a years policy with direct travel including multiple ski trips for £45 the cover seems pretty good although I hope I don' have to claim on it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I also have the years cover with Direct travel , but watch how long you go for as you are only covered for ski trips of up to 14days on one trip
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For what it's worth I managed to get a whole year of insurance including repatriation to cover skiing (off piste as well) and Paragliding and all the usual travel stuff like lost luggage etc. for £69 last year from Goldfish.
This turned out cheaper than some companies were quoting for a couple of weeks of either paragliding or skiing.

Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've gone with direct travel; again this year. Covered off-piste without a guide (within reason), skis covered if not locked (when no racking is available), and in previous years when we've had to make a claim they've sorted us out with no bother at all
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have also gone with direct travel annual policy £68 for me and the wife.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also worth checking with your bank. I have an account with Lloyds TSB (for me sins) called a platinum account. It's basically jsut a current account with a load of fre bolt ons including travel insurance. It's only cost a couple of quid to upgrade the travel insurance to full wintersports insurance for me and the family. It might be worth checking if your bank do similar.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
try money supermarket.com and go for a annual policy, works out cheaper than a single trip, i paid £60.90 for a couple worldwide including piste closure and wintersports cover as i am off to canada in feb. a single trip was £80.90 for both of us, dont ask why i dont know, but how cheap is that!!!!! £30 each and the third biggest insurer in europe
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy