Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

masive snow for next week!!

Poster: A snowHead
carled wrote:
Ah the old "we were only winding you up all along" exit... what a disappointment and there was I flailing about on the line like a good 'un eh?

Are either of you out of your teens yet? Laugh? I nearly bust a rib. What wags you are.

Pathetic wasn't it! Capitulation dressed up as hubris.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brian T, just a quickie as I'm off home now, but from the latest GFS charts (which will, of course, change again tomorrow no doubt) I can see a good blast of cold air sweeping down by the end of the weekend (possible brief interlude of warmth then serious cold the following week) and I can see a fair chance of preciptiation with the high/low setup. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few longer-range (and obviously therefore unreliable!) forecasts showing snow for next week when they update based on the latest charts. Hopefully this trend will lock in rather than peter out!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey. Undoubtedly the most entertaining read in a long time!
Just back from a long weekend in St Anton. Freezing temperatures on Friday, but absolutely dumped down on Saturday in blizzard conditions. (Maybe a disclaimer needed here after what's gone before... "this constitutes my opinion only. please do not book a holiday on the basis of this evidence. etc etc...)
Carled, I agree with you completely here. It snowed in some parts of Austria, quite a lot in St Anton as it happened, but I'm with you on the reading of the charts for this week which is what I believe the original post was referring to.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
carled, Game Set and Match - well done mate 'masively' entertaining Laughing Laughing Laughing snowHead

ilovetalkingbollox and sidekicks - poor effort must try harder NehNeh
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Game set and match .. you muppet. Hook, line and sinker more like talk about taking the pxxs.. Get a sense of humour please...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
carled, , thanks for the forecast

iloveskiing, , A sense of humour that depends on aggressive postings is so deeply sad.

So Carled has won.
Oh it has been fun.
ilove skiing surrendered
his postings dismembered.
And Ricardo has fled
to find another thread
but their rantings are sadly remembered.

wink wink wink wink
latest report
 John Heaton
John Heaton
iloveskiing, Game set and match .. you muppet

Oh dear, your at it again. Not planning on staying around then? wink Shame, its been the only thread recently that's actually made me LOL. You could almost feel the 'oldtimers' itching to join in. But then they have seen it all before .......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brian T, nice ditty. Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it's all been done before, but it is amusing to see the toddler stamping his foot anyhow. iloveskiing, take your ball and go home, "pal", you've been rumbled.
snow report
 John Heaton
John Heaton
carled, I'm off home now

What? You have time to play at work too ?! I'm in the wrong job!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
carled wrote:
Brian T, nice ditty. Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it's all been done before, but it is amusing to see the toddler stamping his foot anyhow. iloveskiing, take your ball and go home, "pal", you've been rumbled.

Well done Carled, we can get back to proper forecasts now. wink

snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank goodness for Skanky and Brian

THE END
snow report
 John Heaton
John Heaton
Quote:

we can get back to proper forecasts now

When's the next Sky forecast due? Wouldn't be the same though would it? Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Brian T, like it - immortalised in rhyme.

Quite bizarre that super met-man who maintains that long-term forecasts are meaningless is asked for his opinions for the weeks ahead. Laughing Laughing Laughing

And then he gives it Shocked

It also amazes me that super met-man with his expansive knowledge of GFS is able to predict that it will may snow and be cold in the Alps in February and then he is held as some kind of hero Laughing Laughing Laughing

You lot need medication wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

You lot need medication
1 lanzoprazole, and 2 Naproxen each day of my ski holiday. Works a treat Very Happy .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricardo, give it a rest fella. It stopped being funny when you got rumbled as a troll groupie. Ask a responsible adult to read and explain a selection of my posts when you get tucked in tonight. That way you can understand why you are making a fool of yourself right now. Have some Horlicks too. Sweet dreams, muffin.
snow report
Oooh this is a friendly topic Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
To all the nurdy anoraks above... You just can't leave this thread alone can you? Your addicted!

I've had my fun with you and showed you for what you are...sad people that just hate to be challenged on their domain, giving out verbal put downs liberally yet crying foul at the first opportunity when others dare talk back to you in your childish language. My, my... you must be lonely people. I certainly know now how you lot spend your Saturday nights.

You guys must have been bullied at school or something..right!!! and now feel the need for revenge.

I knew my post would get a reaction, but even I couldn't and also the many that have read these posts from my laptop over the last few days (laughing hysterically as you became more and more wound up) have hoped for so much amusement.

Absolutely fantastic!!!
ski holidays
iloveskiing, I stood up against a bully on my first day in "secondary school". I got a good kicking.
latest report
iloveskiing, So, do you think it's going to snow in the Alps wink

snowHead
latest report
iloveskiing, or should I call you Tony? You have issues. Don't project your own shortcomings (obsession with thread, allegedly laughing hysterically (read, "sobbing in frustration at your own sad life") at your oscar wilde-like humour (oh, how we chortled... we're laughing AT you Tony, not with you (apart from your fawning sidekick, that is)) and sad life) upon us, thanks very much... I'm perfectly happy to spend a little time on here with the decent community (mostly) of fellow skiers/boarders. If you truly think you have scored any points in the exchanges today, well you are even more pathetic than you at first appear.

Yeah, you really got us all "more and more wound up". I have no idea how I'm going to manage to sleep tonight after the verbal pasting you gave me. Hah.

Oh and I whilst I'm at it, learn the correct usage of "your" and "you're" you pig-thick (apologies to pigs, who are quite intelligent really) numpty.

Frosty the Snowman, that true? (*kicks snow in Frosty the Snowman's face and runs away*) snowHead
ski holidays
I would pull out of this thread, but you keep mentioning me rolling eyes

carled, I would like to point out that I am no "sidekick" of iloveskiing, I am no "troll groupie" we are completely unrelated. In fact we even had different agenda.

I came on this thread to moan because I thought there was too much doom and gloom on this site and because I was disappointed to see a relatively newbie being picked on for being optimisitic.

Trying to counter the doom has been my constant theme on this thread. Initially I spoke to no-one in particular but you decided to champion the battle against me. I did not intend to pick a fight with you (or anyone else), it was you who picked the fight with me. In doing so you wrongly attributed comments that I had made as general statements to be personally against you, (is this part of a complex that you would like to share with the rest of us?). You also threw out so many alternative forecasts that you covered every eventuality (a point I couldn't help but notice). You have tried to be personally insulting towards me, however, I would like to point out that I have not reciprocated in like manner in my replies to you. As our exchange has continued, I have merely pointed out the inconsistencies (and unfortunate banality Sad ) of your forecasting. However, I have tried to elevate you to the super-hero status which, it seemed that you felt that you deserved.

Anyway, I am not Iloveskiing's sidekick and am no troll-groupie, and I don't have (or have ever had) anything personal against you, so be happy, after all, this thread has now given you cult-leadehsip of your own dedicated following.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricardo, your arguments are so utterly childish and even you will know darned well that you're talking crap, so it's pointless to even continue to discuss this with you unless you bring something new and less juvenile to the table. If you have the gumption to actually read what's been written rather than what you think has been written then maybe you'll get somewhere. If people continue to ask me for my opinion on the weather, I'll give it to them as long as I have the vaguest idea where it's going. I personally think I'm not much better than most forecasts on the web, but I tend to stick my neck out about developing trends earlier than they do... (and if you can't spot the difference, you shouldn't be arguing the point with me). Furthermore I'm not a patch on Brian and Skanky, to name but two and have frequently admitted this in the past and will continue to do so in the future... I know this doesn't fit in with your caricature of a meglomaniac self-obsessed weather god, so I know you'll ignore most of this in your continuing crusade against whatever but, in short, you're trying to debunk someone who truly doesn't give a sh*t whether you succeed or not! Unlike your poor downtrodden mate, iloveskiing, I don't do this for a living... rolling eyes

In closing, with your obsessions about me and my status on this site (hey, I've always had a cult following on here who like to watch a good argument rolling eyes, don't flatter yourself that you've got anything to do with it matey!), if you object to me allegedly stepping in and poking your new mate, what quaifies you as "defender of the noobs"? I put it to you that it is, in fact, you that is bloated with self-importance in thinking that you actually a) have something to defend and b) think that any of the drivel you've posted adds to your case in any way.
ski holidays
carled, resorting to the cheap name-calling insults again, tsk tsk tsk Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
see.... you just can't leave it Carled - you are an absolute star!!!
ski holidays
Ricardo, iloveskiing, don't you feel though that actually at present it is you 2 people who are bringing nothing constructive and helpful to this board.

Whereas carled, plays an active role in the board and especially in the snow reports forum.

It is always unfortunate for a juvenile argument to break out anywhere especially over the internet because once the initial humour of the event wears off the whole thread becomes extremely tedious and boring.

Please I am asking that you try and interact with the forum in another way than within this thread because it is lame for me, probably for us(although I can't speak for any other member of this board) and it is lame for you guys. This is a good friendly board and pretty useful for keeping up with the world of casual skiing, so try getting involved without blatantly annoying people.

thanks
snow report
Yep. This is descending into a farce. iloveskiing & Ricardo, you're further out of your depth than you both realise. I have better things to do than prove to the snowheads here what muppets you are. It's like swimming in treacle... It's not possible to have a battle of wits when your opponents clearly don't have any, so I'm leaving this now - I simply can't make you look any more foolish than you have managed already.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forgive me for being a bit thick Smile , but isn't the point of trolling to make your target look stupid, rather then yourself Puzzled
Many people with half a brain might think that having a decent eye for weather forecasting is a useful skill to have-and a far better one than wasting time at your employer's expense.
snow conditions
I had wondered for a while why the TV & radio weather forecasts were so unreliable these days (even within the scale of the general unreliability which all weather forecasts are necessarily bound by). Now I know the answer - it's that the forecasters have a desperate need to over-exaggerate for emphasis, viz a bit of snow here & there is "masive (sic) snow....all over the Alps" in much the same way as a stiff breeze is described as a 'storm with damaging gusts' and a sharp shower is 'torrential rainfall'.

Be careful out there - if you don't have to travel, my advice is to stay at home. If you must go out, wrap up warm and take an umbrella! LOL rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks plectrum, , some common sense. I don't read (and sometimes contribute) to this thread and others in order to "get a reaction" most of us just want to chat about skiing, and skiing weather. Any predictions of doom and gloom have now been vastly outweighed by snide personal remarks that are spoiling what has been a positive topic. I'm aware that this thread was started byiloveskiing, but to generate ill feeling, and to carry it on for such a looooong time because of a sharp comment on your initial posting is a bit over the top . No doubt I'll be the subject of your less than scintillating wit now, but please give it a rest and all of us a break, and talk about snow, or weather, or the lack of snow or the abundance of it - anything rather than juvinile rantings we have had.
latest report
Hello to you all.

Wow just read this entertaining, sometimes very amusing thread and this is my first post here. I cannot help but feel sorry for Iloveskiing he has personally been attacked time and time again yet has never over reacted. Not very nice to see. Less of the personal attacks please Carled (it really is in bad taste).

His post however, seems to have done what he set out to do though, ie stir up debate!! after all this is what forums are about.

I hope you will not all be gunning for me, the newbie now, it is only my humble opinion.
snow report
Well looking at the forecast (back on topic I know rolling eyes ) for next week have a look at this. It is the OOz run and is tin the middle of a forecasted 3 day dump. Bad news - it will have changed by 11 am
ski holidays
dk100, Gunning for you Shocked No way. You have set forth you valued opinion in a rather contentious thread. Well done.
Oh and BTW, a very big welcome to snowheads. Very Happy snowHead
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, hey a friendly face, thanks
snow report
This is actually proving to be a very interesting sociological study about the interaction on fori. Not that I am a sociologist, so I am probably missing a great deal here.

My own take on this thread is that in the beginning it looks like a newbie has made a bit of an error. A longer-term user, relatively high poster and with a proven track record for speaking his mind, jumps in and rubbishes that post. I find it interesting that there then follows much support for the long term member, the one that rubbishes and apart from a couple of offensive comments from a couple of others, the newbie gets no support at all or encouragement to be part of the forum (until now from Plectrum – a good post by the way). The pack mentality triggers in and the pack closes in for the kill – or to hopefully watch the kill. (I know that Iloveskiing later makes out that it was all in jest, but this wasn’t known in the early posts). It makes me wonder have far we have advanced from our primeval ancestors Confused .

As a separate issue, it is interesting for me to see how I have been treated. Also a relative newbie. I maintain that my posts have been relevant, largely inoffensive and certainly not trolling, yet that is clearly not how they have been read and it now appears to me that because I dared to stand in a different place from "the pack", I am also deemed to have brought the site into disrepute.

Overall, this thread is a very interesting study on human behaviour.

It is also interesting to see that people clearly read what they want to believe in a post and not what the person has actually said. That is very clear and very enlightening.
snow conditions
dk100, Ricardo, totally agree Very Happy
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I need that in time for this weekend rolling eyes
snow report
[quote="Ricardo"]

Quote:
As a separate issue, it is interesting for me to see how I have been treated. Also a relative newbie.

It's not because you are new to the forum, you just took a stance that was different from many others on here. I certainly hope you and iloveskiing continue to post your views whether others agree or not. Even though I didn't agree with them, your posts were some of the best I have read in a long time. Very Happy

dk100 welcome to snowheads.
ski holidays
I have to say first of all, I'm disappointed that I've had to interrupt the delicate negotiations on nuclear proliferation in Tehran to attend this thread.

I've dealt with some titanic political rivalries in the past; Arafat vs Netanyahu, Trimble vs Adams, Bush vs Hussein and Shetty vs Goody to name but a few but I've never witnessed such deep seated bitterness as on this thread. I feel that it is my duty to monitor this situation and see that things remain calm.
ski holidays
dk100, welcome to snowheads - It really is a great site - and most of the threads (including this one) are actually fun to be part of - Enjoy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
kofi Annan, Welcome to Snowheads. Is your son a crook? Toofy Grin

Oh and BTW Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy