Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NSSB ( No Snow Season Bash )

Poster: A snowHead
Well just to let everyone know how the NSSB is going, out here in Niederau.

The resort is shut except for 1 run 1 Auffach which is only open to mistation and the beginners are using that.

Everyone else is being bussed to Kaltenbach which is part of the Zillertal ski area. Snow is excellent above midstation. but it is not poosible to ski top to bottom.

It as just started snowing and it is forecast to now snow for the rest of the week with 26cm due on Wednesday.

Chucky and I have met up with alex-heney, and Muffin but we have not heard anything from Purplegirl.

Also hope to have found a few more converts to the snowhead site.

This is your roving reporter signing off for snowheads news
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps you should now be the FSSB ?
(Falling snow season bash)
Thanks for the update snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Super Eagle, Laughing excellent report. Keep it up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the update Super Eagle, hope that snow keeps falling for you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go snow for Super Eagle,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi guys

Unfortunately the snow only gave a light dusting in resort so it ment another trip to the Zillertal. The skiing there was fantastic and they had had much more snow which ment off piste was even a possabilty. However due to continuing snow fall it became white out conditions in the afternoon and the fun went out of what was up to that point a great days skiing.

The snow hadn't got as far as the Wildschonau valley and this as ment another trip to the zillertal for Wednesday.

A big dump is forecast for tonight / tomorrow and indications are that we expect anything between 13 and 26 cm.

We have had forecasts of snow every day whilst we have been here which have not materialised so you can understand our pessimistic attitude to the current forecasts.

Well we will keep you all posted on the changing conditions.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
P.s our ski insurance is with the scgb annual executive cover.

The insurance is in joint names and it does say £30 per day for piste closure.

Can anyone throw any light on whether this is £30 per person per day or just £30 per day per policy.

I haven't contacted scgb yet.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Super Eagle, I know the Kaltenbach ski area very well - it's now linked with Hochfugen and together forms quite a good extensive ski area doesn't it Very Happy. As a matter of interest, how long does the coach transfer take you from Niederau? - at least going to Kaltenbach you only have to go partly along the Zillertal valley - it's not as far as Mayrhofen or Hintertux which is even further up the valley.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Super Eagle, where did you ski in the Zillertal?

Glad that you're having a good time, despite poor conditions in Niederau!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Super Eagle, erm - it's often bad viz when it snows - can't please some people. Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
N - PISTE CLOSURE
WHAT YOU ARE COVERED FOR:
In the event that, due to lack of snow fall or adverse
weather in the pre-booked Wintersports resort between
the months of December to March and no alternative being
available, You are not allowed to ski for a period in Excess
of 12 hours, the Underwriter will pay the benefit as shown
in the Schedule of Benefits for each full 24 hour period in
which You are unable to ski, up to the maximum as shown
in the Schedule of Benefits.
WHAT YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR:
As well as the general exclusions and conditions on Pages
6 & 7, the following also apply:
1. Claims arising which are not substantiated by a report
from the resort management;
2. Claims arising due to lack of snow fall in a Wintersports
resort which does not possess skiing facilities above 1,000
metres.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You'll find that in most ski guarantees/insurance if a resort has one poxy man-made strip open its enough to invalidate your claim. Resorts often do this to avoid having to repay prepaid lift passes. Caveat Emptor.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair Pink, Well with the limited time i have i will try and update everyone on how we are doing.

The coach transfer is anywhere between 45 mins and 1 hr depending on how fast the driver decides to go. We generally are skiing from 10.30 until 15.45 before we have to head back to the coach. Skiing is not possible from top to bottom yet so its the gondola down. We went over to hochfugen today and the skiing was excellant.

Yes the resort is a nice area but the pistes are like the M1 in rush hour. The lift system is fantastic and although there is alot of people on the pistes you are never queuing for any lifts.

Markus, In Kaltenbach which is the first area within the zillertal valley.

easiski, A bit uncalled for NehNeh . The point was that upto the heavy snow fall that afternoon the skiing had been good with great visability. If your saying that you prefer to ski in those conditions every day then I would think you'd be one of the few people that does.

fatbob, Kaiser, we will be getting a resort report tomorrow which says the resort was closed from Saturday to Thursday. They plan to call the resort open on Friday as there will be a blue run open. The main red run is still closed but as had artificial snow blown onto it for the last todays and the piste bashers have today been spreading it around. They are not sure if they will open the run officially but plenty of people have skied it today. Me and Alex-heney plan to ski it tomorrow. Hope nothing stupid happens which invalidates our insurance.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Super Eagle wrote:
Alastair Pink,
Yes the resort is a nice area but the pistes are like the M1 in rush hour.

Cant wait to see what the runs will be like when im there at half term rolling eyes Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Markus, I would imagine that they will be a bit quieter as most areas around the Zillertal have been having to bus people there due to the snow conditions.

Things are starting to improve but next week will still be difficult conditions as although there as been some fresh snow alot of the runs are on artifical snow so they have become very icey.

The Zillertal as superb conditions although the home run is still closed.

Also scgb confirmed today that it is £30 per person. this will mean £60 per day for 5 days which means that we will just about break even.
snow report
I have to say that altogether, the week was much better than I had been afraid of before traveling.

The bus journey each day was a bit of a pain, but more than made up for by the quantity and quality of skiing available at the other end of it.

Several of the operators in Neiderau normally do "away day" trips there once or twice a week in normal circumstances, and for any decent skier, I would suggest it is worth taking one of those trips, just to get a bit of variety.

They did open the main run 19, and another red (23) in Neiderau on the last day, but they both had a ot of people, and a lot of ice on them, and were not really fun to ski - not helped in my case by bashing my knee on the ice before I even got to the top of the first run of the day Sad

There is a shot in snowMedia http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/5714/ppuser/715 of the main piste at the start of the trip.

I suspect those runs would have been a lot better on the Saturday (it started snowing heavily during the night, and was still going at lunchtime when we left), but my knee was too sore to be worth it for the two hours I had spare.

It was also very good to meet and ski with SuperEagle, Chucky and Muffin (plus Linette of course).
ski holidays
Agree with alex_heney, the week was much better then we imagined before we left the UK.

Kaltenbach skiing was great thanks to Super Eagle, alex_heney, and Chucky, we would never have done some of those runs on our own!

Shame the **SNOW** delayed us for 24 hours when we flew home!
Eventually flew from Verona at 11:00am on the Sunday, should have flown from Innsbruck at 11:30am on the Saturday!

Oh, the irony of it all!
latest report
Muffin, And yet, flying with Austrian Airlines group, I was only 20 minutes late arriving in Bristol.

I think their pilots may be a little more experienced flying in snowy conditions Smile
ski holidays
Muffin, alex_heney, Good to see you both arrived home safely.

Chucky and Me also had a experience hopefully never to be repeated. I don't have much time at the moment but I will fill you all in on the details later as I am still battling with my Insurance and Thomsons.

Don't worry I'm like a dog with a bone and my teeth are firmly clamped around it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy