Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste (back country route in Verbier)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for information on good remote off piste routes in Verbier (such as off the back of Mont Fort). And before anybody says get a guide, as a experience mountaineer and skier, having done things like the haute route, I don't want one!!. Just after some additional info, for examle as provided by the off piste guides you can get from Cordee for Val D'Isere and otheres.

Anyboyd know of any good books, or other infomation?.
Thanks Malcolm_streeton@fastmail.fm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
can't really help other than when i was there weekend before last, a few guys were coming off the cable car at the top of Mont Fort and climbing over the fence to the left and going straight down from there rather than heading to the right and down the stairs where the normal people go !!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry MLS, I'm gonna say it...

No mattter how experienced a mountaineer, it can't be sensible to rock on up and ski a route out of a book. You're not buying a guide for their mountaineering or skiing skills - you're buying their knowledge of avalanche history of particular slopes / snow, temperature and wind loading history.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MLS, there are a couple of routes off the back of Mont Fort that aren't crevasse prone and IF you know where you are going are relatively straightforward. I assume as an experienced mountaineer and skier you won't be considering skiing high mountain glacial routes alone and if so are you happy to effectively guide whoever you are skiing with? A number of the routes of the back of Mont Fort can involve 45/50 degree couloirs so unless you and your skiing partner are happy to tackle this sort of terrain with limited local knowledge then I'd have a day out with a guide, get him to show you some of the skiing and then make a decision on doing it solo later on.
RichA, that is just one way of entering skier's right of the front face of Mont Fort where it is a bit steeper and tighter than the 'normal' route of the wide mogul run on skier's left. You can enter the same run by going under the rope at the bottom of the stairs and traversing the rock band directly under the cable car, you just miss the top three or four turns. In good snow conditions going over the fence is quite a nice way in.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy