Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will I have a roof over my head?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Once again I call upon the collective knowledge of the snowHeads, whose wisdom and generosity of spirit know know bounds wink -

Ladies and gents, I've checked my schedule and I've got the chance of a one-nighter on the Fri 23rd of February. I know, I know, it's a busy time of year, but out of Kaprun/Zell am See, Obertauern, St.Anton, Sauze d'Oulx/Sestriere, Champoluc, Engelberg, which do you feel I'd have the easiest time getting a single night's accommodation in?

As usual, thanks for any and all input! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Speaking from an Austrian perspective ..... (hopefully others willl help with the non-Austrian resorts)
The likelyhood is that with school holidays all the cost-effective accomodation will be taken up and you will have to pay for a more expensive hotel room. In Obertauern I'd expect only places outside the resort to be free and the transfer is longer than St Anton. In Kaprun there's a bus service but when the place is full of kids it can take a long time. You can either book a hotel now or wait until till just after the 17/18 Feb weekend and see if anything has become free (using the more expensive hotel as a back up plan). Most hold out for a full week and won't rent out single days before they are in the week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges, you may want to check out http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22654
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges wrote:
I've got the chance of a one-nighter on the Fri 23rd of February.

Does Mrs S know?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman, Laughing nice one !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman wrote:
slikedges wrote:
I've got the chance of a one-nighter on the Fri 23rd of February.

Does Mrs S know?

No, but I hope Mrs L has remembered to cancel all her commitments that day... wink wink

DB, Elizabeth B, thanks. laundryman, NehNeh

Anyone in the know about Italy or Switzerland? I suspect that Turin or Basel will be best for me - though I still haven't discounted a day-trip via Friedrichshafen... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bump!

Anyone on Sauze or Engelberg?

Hmmm...I think I'll contact the tourist offices!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slikedges, I am hoping to have accommodation in L2A booked that week, but will be leaving on the Thursday, so you could have the Friday for nothing. It will be the opposite end of the luxury range from what you would want though. You could consider it a "last resort" if you like Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
we are going to Lofer on 22 nd and have a spare twin room - let me lnow if interested
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro, minicat, thanks guys!! Very Happy Very Happy I'll probably be by myself so will stay anywhere clean! wink Will let you know! Very Happy snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy