Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere - Feb Half term 2007 - Help please.

Poster: A snowHead
WE are having difficulty arranging transfers from Bourg St Maurice to La Rosiere arrive on 10 Feb and returning on 17 Feb, has anyone got any suggestions of web sites I may visit to book something. We are staying at Les Cimes Blanches 2 adults & 2 kids (aged 7 & 9), any advice or hints with respect to ski school, hire, restaurants & supermarkets etc would be very much appreciated - can we ski to the main part of the resort? Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMZ, Welcome to snowHead
I'm sure that there will be lots of people later this morning able to help you - we seem to know quite a bit about this resort, here at snowHeads Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMZ, taxi from Bourg St Maurice to La Rosiere for four people costs €62 for a one way trip if booked with Aarthur Taxis (who are based in BSM). More info here. Scheduled coach transfer from BSM train station to La Rosiere will be a bit cheaper, but less convenient as it won't take you direct to your accommodation. More info here.

There are a few people here who know La Ros well, so no doubt they'll have lots of tips for around the resort.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 22-01-07 10:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
EDIT: SMZ, Welcome to Snowheads Embarassed

Go to the resort site
http://www.larosiere.net
Click on:
Access for transfer info
Plan De Station for a village map. Your chalet complex is next to the chairlift on the far right of the map
Ecoles du Ski for ski schools. All 3 ski schools have an excellent reputation but again it may be worth pre booking.
We have always used http://www.twinnerlarosiere.com/ for ski hire. may be well to try and book online first. 10% discount plus its one of the busiest days of the year.

Access between Les Eucherts and la Rosiere is via ski bus during the day. There is a timetable on the piste map. You want the bus markes les Eucherts as the one marked Le Gollet turns off just as it is exiting la Rosiere. WARNING I think the buses stop at 6.30 so check on this. It is about a kilometre walk if no buses.

Skiing from one bit to the other is possible but the kids will bneed to be able to handle a gentle blue and a chairlift. From Les Euchert get the main chair up and ski 90 degrees left off the top. The ski schools meet behind the main chair in La Rosiere. Skiing back From La Rosiere take the RIGHT drag of the doble right hand side drag lift and head 90 degrees right of the top.

There is an excellent restaurant in Les Eucherts called L'Ancolie. Not the cheapest, but good value for great food.

Supermarket: A Huit a Huit in the commercial centre opp. tourist office. We went a dix sept heures one night and it was shut Laughing

Right now for the bad news:
Me, the wifey, frostlet (10) and Frostlet (12) will be in resort 11-18 as will Talltone ind his little snotminers. Any more request the send me a Private Message or just post here.
I hope we all have a great week

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 22-01-07 10:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMZ, we were in La Rosiere last year with 2 children aged 7 & 9, first week ski-ing for them. They had very good lessons with Evolution 2, Christelle (not sure of spelling) - they loved her and she had excellent English. You should be able to access info for them via the La Rosiere website. Even as first week skiers by the end of the week they were skiing down to La Rosiere from the Eucherts chair, and from the top of the main chair to Les Eucherts.

Have a good time
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Right now for the bad news:
Me, the wifey, frostlet (10) and Frostlet (12) will be in resort 11-18 as will Talltone ind his little snotminers. Any more request the send me a Private Message or just post here.
I hope we all hacve a great week

It was going so well up to that last bit, now you've ruined the week for him rolling eyes

SMZ welcome to snowHeads btw snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMZ, Welcome to Snowheads. We stayed at Les Cimes Blanches half term last year had a great time, we did have our own transport which made it a bit easier as there are no shopping facilities at Les Eucherts.
Not sure if you have seen the two reports on La Rosiere in the resorts section.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=277606
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=115560
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMZ, welcome to Snowheads.
We are coming to la Rosiere the week after you and are also staying at les Cimes Blanches.

We have booked our transfer from B St M to la Ros and back with a taxi firm listed on the la Ros web-site
http://www.larosiere.net/index.php?art_id=36
(and recommended by another snowhead who has a chalet in la Ros) called M. Prudhomme. I simply phoned him on the number listed - but he doesn't admit to speaking any English Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMZ, welcome!

Yes, it's true, MrsTallTone, the little snot-miners and I will be descending on La Ros in 20 short days... snowHead

We will be staying at the other side of the village though, at the foot of the Manessier drag. FTS and I have plans to meet up so why don't you join us at some point too? My children are a boy of nine, and two girls six and five. My boy has a week's experience as does the older girl, but my lad is something of a natural whereas both girls will be doing beginners' classes rolling eyes They are in ski-school/day-care but we could perhaps all get together for a meal one evening? Perhaps we could meet on the slope for a genepi? PM if interested (Send/Read messages link at the top of your screen)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

but my lad is something of a natural
Gets it from his Mum obviously wink Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMZ wrote:
... ski hire...

Mostly covered above, but one of the shops in La Ros (la Grange a Skis) has now opened a shop which I understand is inside the Cimes Blanches itself. Go to Skiset website for details. You will probably get a discount for staying there so ask.

David
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ditto Evo 2 for lessons - mine had Marie-Claude who was lovely. I think they're all related anyways. Better book quickly though. given the fact that its half term and Esprit use them.
Just to add to Frosty's info, take the right blue off the top of the double drag, not the sharp right green or ypu'll end up at the bottom of the drag again. Mind you, its a pretty litle run with some good bumps off to the side through the trees.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DJ, thanks for that piece of info - it wasn't showing on the skiset website a few weeks ago.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Forgot to mention, we're going with Esprit who use Evo2 for ski lessons (we're all booked in with them).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
SMZ, taxi from Bourg St Maurice to La Rosiere for four people costs €62 for a one way trip if booked with Aarthur Taxis (who are based in BSM). More info here. Scheduled coach transfer from BSM train station to La Rosiere will be a bit cheaper, but less convenient as it won't take you direct to your accommodation. More info here.

There are a few people here who know La Ros well, so no doubt they'll have lots of tips for around the resort.

Thank you for info re Taxi & coach transfer - Aarthur Taxis are fully booked, but am still waiting to hear back from others I have e:mailed. Also waiting to hear back to find out where in La Rosiere the coach stops, otherwise it could be a long haul to Les Cimes Blanches with the cases ... oh & the family! Up to last Saturday we were going to drive, but thought it might be fun to take the train instead. Never thought we would have difficulty doing the last 20 kms of the journey! Confused
snow report
Many thanks to everyone for all the information - I have been overwealmed! Very Happy

A quick update ski lessons are now booked, but with ESF - we did try EVO 2, but they were fully booked.
Ski hire - Twinners have a great web site, extremely helpful on the phone, but will try & see if skiset can sort us out to avoid lugging everything to & from shop to accomodation.

I knew we would regret not driving, but hopefully the train will be ok & relatively quick! Puzzled

Still struggling to get a transfer to&from BSM organised - does anyone know where the bus referred to in rob@rar message stops in relation to Les Cimes Blanche please?
Anyway still waiting for some more e:mails to be returned before ...... Crying or Very sad

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to help.
snow report
SMZ, I have seen it stop outside the tourist info. Twinners are there as well. Get your skis and jump on the ski bus, which also stops there Very Happy
latest report
SMZ, ESf tuition in La Rosiere was very good when we used it a few years back.
snow report
SMZ, forgot to say that the other thing we had looked at if we had not been able to organise a taxi was altibus which can be booked on-line
http://www.altibus.com/
ski holidays
Thanks for info. - I'll give altibus a try.

We would like to meet up with our friends on the Sunday (first day) and they have suggested meeting us from Thuile at col du petit san bernard. However, having had a quick look at the Piste map, this looks like it would take some time and not an easy/viable route with 2 kids in tow & on our first day! Mr Z would be fine, but I am a very cautious skier these days and very happy pootling along with the kids on blues and reds towards the end of the week. Can anyone suggest a meeting place that would be convenient for our friends, but still a viable proposition from our view point please?

Many thanks to everyone who has helped us with info. - I am glad that Frosty & Talltone are the only groups there when we are, as I think we must owe a drink or two! Smile
snow report
SMZ, The only proper red to get to Italy is the Bouquetain run from the top of the Fort chair down into the Col. it is great fun. The drag is long but very gentle.

If you dont fancy that then i would suggest the Traversette mountain restaurant at the bottom of the Fort Chair. From Italy they catch the Belvedere chair and then hoon it down the blues to the Chardonnet chair, up that into the La Ros area and 1 run straight down to the restaurant.
snow report
SMZ, We were in La Ros between 7 qnd 14 jan with Esprit with our 7 year old. By the end of his 2nd week ski-ing he could make the red run to get across to the lift up to the Fort and he skied down the red to get the drag lifts over to La thuile. So, in good snow conditions and if yours have some ski-ing behind them then it's possible. We skied over stopped for lunch and got back with time to spare. 7yo was knackered that evening and it was soo quiet Very Happy

If you get an evening to yourselves the Genepi, upstairs and opposite and to the right l(ooking across the road) from the tourist info, is worth a visit. 90Euros for a 2 course a la carte meal (mullet and salmon starters and rack of lamb mains) including a bottle of wine. They do a 25/35 euro fixed menu as well. Book early in the week though as it was full on Thursday when the chalet staff had their night off. Probably applies to all restaurants at half term.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
SMZ,
I would suggest the Traversette mountain restaurant at the bottom of the Fort Chair. From Italy they catch the Belvedere chair and then hoon it down the blues to the Chardonnet chair, up that into the La Ros area and 1 run straight down to the restaurant.

Your help is invaluable. Very Happy

Looking at the Piste Map it looks like we will have to ski some red runs to get from Les Eucherts to the restaurant at the bottom of La Fort. Any advice on which would be the easiest/quickest route, baring in mind that it will be our first days skiing this year and it will be after a ski lesson at 13.15? It looks like there is a blue all the way back from the restaurant to Eucherts, but I can't see a way of getting across without using the reds. I don't want to push the kids too much on their first day - or at least I can use them as an excuse! wink

Thanks again for all your help - we are really looking forward to next week. We have been watching the WEB & the snow gradually melt on the roof top by the ski lift, however, there has been a forecast for a lot more snow on Fri & Sun!
snow report
SMZ, There are 2 ways to get to Traversette from les Eucherts.
1).. Up the Eucherts chair and ski off left down into La Rosiere with a choice of 2 blues. Catch the Roches Noire 6 man to the top and the Belette red to the Traversette. The belett is left off the chaair and keep heading left. it is very flat to start with and if there is a head wind you will need to pole for a bit. There is only one section that is red, and only just, but it is nice and wide, and should be lovely and flat (pisted) in the morning. It is more mauve than red snowHead

2) Right off Eucherts chair down and easy red to the Roc Noir drag. This meets up with the Roches Noires Chair at the top. Then follow instuctions as above.

IMHO 1). is longer but a nicer start.

If you have time then warm up with a run on the Dahu Learner lift in Les Eucherts, and then go up the Eucherts chair and ski back down again. Allow 20 mins from Traversette to Les Eucherts.

if you are nervous then get your friends to meet you at the Plan de Repos mountain restaurant. Instead of taking the reds down to traversette they head right on the Choucas blue. its a bit of a dull run but leads straight to the Plan de Repos which is the only other mountain Restaurant. For you its of the top of Les Eucherts chair and back down to les Eucherts and after a couple of hundred yards its on your left.

Just praying for the temps and the wind to keep low

EDIT: Looking at the forecast I would suggest that your meeting may be in jeopordy as there is a big front moving in and it may well be that the link will be closed. Mad
snow report
Just be careful going to Italy - if you are unlucky enough to have an accident over there (as I did last year on a day out Sad ) try & get back over the border to France before calling the blood wagon, or you will be rescued to Italy, which at this time of year is about a 4hr oneway trip to get back to La Ros!

I managed it, but....oohhh, the pain........ Shocked
ski holidays
Nick L wrote:
SMZ, welcome to Snowheads.
We are coming to la Rosiere the week after you and are also staying at les Cimes Blanches.

We have booked our transfer from B St M to la Ros and back with a taxi firm listed on the la Ros web-site
http://www.larosiere.net/index.php?art_id=36
(and recommended by another snowhead who has a chalet in la Ros) called M. Prudhomme. I simply phoned him on the number listed - but he doesn't admit to speaking any English Sad

Very Happy Very happy as today we have finally managed to book our taxi transfers BSM to & from La Rosiere. Many thanks Nick L for your mention of M. Prudhomme, as he is the man who has finally come up trumps with a taxi. We were beginning to give up hope and resort to the bus transfer, but I have to admit it was with a heavy heart!

Thank you everyone for all your help & advice - it has been the first time I have used this forum & everyone has been very kind & generous with their time. We are now looking forward to a fab holiday with loads of snow. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMZ, haapy to have been of service. Looks like you will have good conditions with regular "top-ups" making ti just perfect for when we arrive the following week Toofy Grin
snow report
Nick L,

Do you know if Les Cimes Blanches provide towels for swimming etc? Puzzled I don't really want to take them if not needed.
Sorry we will miss, but at least you get to say hi to FTF & TT. Many thanks
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FTF -Frosty the Fatman Laughing

SMZ, Looks like Monday & Tuesday could see huge snowfalls, but then a lovely couple off duys. A bit worried about the temps being slightly high on the Monday, but looks like it should be a great week. Shall text you when we arrive
Thanks for the kind offer of sharing your pool if it turns to rain on Monday Tall Tone and I are very grateful Laughing I will be useful for increasing water levels and Tall Tone is great at forming a human bridge accross the pool. have a good journey on the train. We are all very excited now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
SMZ, they do provide towels - but not sure about those for swimming - will try to find out before this afternoon (I've got a friend who stayed there last year). Have e-mailed the friend.

Which train are you catching back then? The Saturday morning?
ski holidays
[quote="Frosty the Snowman"]FTF -Frosty the Fatman Laughing

Sorry about that, slip of the finger this morning! Embarassed I am getting too excited about going, not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight, but have 8 hrs from Waterloo to catch up on it!

Nick L,

Thanks for that. Mr Z (in his infinite wisdom) decided on the 10.20 am train, gets back to Waterloo at just after 18.00 - but there is another at 13.30 gets back about 22.30 which would have meant an am skiing! Neither of us wanted to go for the overnight train with the kids, as we would have needed a couchette and that hikes the price quite considerably. You should get the perfect week, if we get the snow and you get to enjoy it in luxurious sunshine!
ski holidays
We have two reasons for going on the train: Mrs L hates flying; I like to ski for as many days as possible - and you can get 8 days if you do both trips overnight. Our "children" coming with us this year are 16 and 17yrs old - so if they don't sleep it's their problem - actually they seem to need less sleep than we do. Shocked
ski holidays
SMZ, my friend says that her children used their room towels and the apartment were plenty hot enough to dry them.
ski holidays
Thanks for the advice. Hope you have as good a ski holiday as we intend to! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy