Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Controversy over who is to blame for world cup ski jump fall

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Czech ski jumper, Jan Mazok (Czechoslovakia) had a serious ski jump accident at the world cup FIS event on Saturday in Zakopane, Poland. He crashed on landing, hitting his head and is reported to be unconscious in hospital with skull and brain injuries. Shortly after the fall, the second series of jumps was cancelled by the event’s organising committee because of the wind. Today’s events were also cancelled because of strong winds. Should the event have been started at all?...Poland's top jumper, Adam Malysz, ventured that it was the Czech jumper's lack of experience and not the weather conditions that caused his fall. But the Czech team has criticized the organising committee for allowing the event to have started at all.

See: http://www.masterpage.com.pl/outlook/200701/jump.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-498168313017633777&q=ski+jump
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ouch Shocked

I hope he makes a speedy recovery.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks pretty serious looking at the video, sounds serious reading the report also.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A horrible crash. It looks like he was just sucked down towards the ground. I can see why they are asking questions about the wind although, is it not the case, that his coaches should have given him the final go-ahead before jumping?

snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it right tht we should see this video?
I am really disturbed given his current state in hospital...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
this is horrifying, any update on his condition? tend to agree that this shouldn't really be out there for all to watch
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very unpleasant, but I presume it was a televised event. Get well soon to Jan Mazok Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, I saw it live on Eurosport on Saturday. They showed two replays from different angles - I was surprised that his neck was not snapped. It made me feel sick to watch it. He obviously became unconsious immediately he hit the ground and therefore was unable to do anything to mitgate the injuries. He looked like a rag doll. I was glad that the event was called off, although not before another few competitors had jumped. Brave men. The Europsort commentator said it was the worse crash that he had ever witnessed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The falls I've seen have usually been backwards on landing. I can believe the commentator.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Usually falls are during the landing this poor guy just dropped out of the air, The last report I heard was that he was in a controlled coma and they were considering bring him round slowly starting tomorrow but it does say that in this report

Mazoch remains stable
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Apparently, Polish authorities have launched an official inquiry into the accident
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
News reports have stated that Mazok is out of a coma now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy