Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interesting!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It seems that the first run of the men's slalom at the Universidade went ahead on time because I did manage to record that. I got no 30 on the second run, and nothing later. spent half the evening fast forwarding the video!

I did find it interesting though, as although the conditions were clearly pretty ghastly, there was a really noticable difference in the standard and technique compared to the WC. Naturally these guys were all hot skiers, but they mostly lacked the solidity shown by the very best. A fascinating insight into the levels at the top. Very Happy I was just sorry that I didn't manage to set my recorder to automatically record skiing and nothing else. Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, was this Saturday's race? If so, the 1st run went ahead okay, but the 2nd run was delayed due to bad weather. It sounds like they tried to start it later, but may have pulled it after a racer or two.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They did run the second run - I watched it! The Japanese guy who was first after the first run had been disqualified so didn't go again. Sorry, can't remember who won but I really enjoyed it Cool .

Ladies slalom was on today. There seemed to be a big difference between the best and the worst racers. Again, nice to watch some skiing, what with the World Cup ladies GS being shown for only a short time on Eurosport. Joined it in time to see the last 11 of the second run, so, of course they missed Chemmy rolling eyes .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What was the Japanese guy disqualified for? He looked good on his 1st run.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, As usual the guy on Eurosport didn't know! Laughing . He did look good. I was disappointed for him. The commentator just kept saying he had been disqualified but he didn't know why, must have been a straddle. But neither he nor I noticed one and I think we would have done. I guess it could have been something technical - skis length or binding height? I have not got a clue about University racing rules. Easiski may have?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi, Naoki Yuasa is shown as having been disqualified at gate 2.

He ought to look good, he is the Japanese slalom champion and was 7th in the Olympic slalom.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, rjs. Are you something to do with the racing scene or just good at googling?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
maggi, I race, but that just means that I know where to look for results.

I just followed the link to the Universiade website from the FIS calendar entry here. The biography stuff is here.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I recorded the ladies race, but haven't had time to watch it yet - so have no idea if it's on the vid. did manage to watch Nick's prog this am before work. great to see the downhill from Cortina - I must have missed the eurosport emissions (or maybe it's on the tape I haven't see!) His prog on tuesday night will include the Austrian races - worth setting the vid for. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy