Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prince Charles cancels ski holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Apparently Prince Charles has just announced that he is cancelling his holiday to Klosters to reduce his carbon footprint.

Is he right? Should we all be following suit??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stephen buck wrote:
Apparently Prince Charles has just announced that he is cancelling his holiday to Klosters to reduce his carbon footprint.

Nothing at all do with the poor snow conditions?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As reported on snowHeads last Monday Toofy Grin

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22929&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=chav
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stephen buck, I think anyone who subscribes to the theory of "catastrophic" climate change (not me) probably should follow suit.

However, I am more inclined to believe ssnowman's insinuation, based on this article concerning HRH's contribution to CO2 emissions (previously pointed out by DB):

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2164961.html?menu
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
did he get a refund from his tour operator ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
So why has he stopped now? After all, he is only 58, and many skiers continue well into their 60s and 70s. Some detect the influence of the Duchess of Cornwall.

The former Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles does not ski and, unlike her husband, does not much care for the beauty of the mountains.

Poor man is under the thumb like the rest of us. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ssnowman wrote:
stephen buck wrote:

Nothing at all do with the poor snow conditions?

Exactly what I thought when I heard on the radio this morning.... Great PR, and he can sneak off once the snow arrives! Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlie can't get a pass from the missus. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ssnowman, If you check, you will find that Davos/Klosters has a reasonable amount of snow, only the lower slopes are down on average. Can't help thinking the motive is elsewhere though. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
After a week during which Prince Charles once again faced allegations of profligate spending and hypocrisy - as he and Camilla are reportedly flying an entourage of 18 on the 7,000-mile round trip to New York to collect an environmental award .
Daiy Mail

Must be the concern for Global warming!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
Quote:
After a week during which Prince Charles once again faced allegations of profligate spending and hypocrisy - as he and Camilla are reportedly flying an entourage of 18 on the 7,000-mile round trip to New York to collect an environmental award .
Daiy Mail

Must be the concern for Global warming!

18 people on a plan that would still be fling if it was taking him, so first point is economy of scale.

Breakdown of the 18 (my guesimate)

8 Security minimum
2 PA/Organisers
2 ladies in waiting
2 butlers
2 Official photographer & assistant

OK without my internal knowledge I can make it 16 so 18 does not seem that over the top.
As a leader of this country & a VIP they do not travel on there own.

I wonder how big Tony Blair’s retinue is when he travels?

I do find it annoying when headlines scream this sort of crap.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick_C, I think the point being made is that he is going to collect an award for environment work, he could be making an example by using a video conference call to collect the award. Confused

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 23-01-07 9:29; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, I was working on 2 teams personal protection, 2 teams route and venue clearence. Yep a bit tight.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think this is hilarious. For a start his two sons can't go this year as they are committed to their pseudo-military obligations. Combine that with the less than perfect snow conditions it doesn;t really wash with me that he has a great deal of concern about the environment. Mind you I don't really take Charlie that serious in most things. Anyone who employs someone to squeeze his toothpaste onto his toothbrush every morning is not really that in touch with reality!
snow report
awksquawk wrote:
Anyone who employs someone to squeeze his toothpaste onto his toothbrush every morning is not really that in touch with reality!

please show me evidence of this ?
snow report
As many scientists whom think there is global warming, as many whom think nature of weather is to be cyclical and we are currently going through one. Even if global warming is true, air flight contributes to 3% of carbon emissions and projected to rise to 4% in 2050. Yes, possibly significant but in greater scheme of things, likely not..
snow report
 bloxy
bloxy
Since 1998 global average temperatures have actually fallen (though not statistically significant), there has been no increase.
Another sucker falls for the con.
Aren't the emperors new clothes absolutely stunning? Very Happy
ski holidays
bloxy, cersei, you seen An Inconvenient Truth.
ski holidays
No Snow?
snow report
 bloxy
bloxy
Nick_C wrote:
bloxy, cersei, you seen An Inconvenient Truth.

No not seen it. But it's Al Gore so truth is unlikely.
ski holidays
bloxy, I see, a head in the sand kinda guy, your not a Yank are you ?
snow report
 bloxy
bloxy
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
No Snow?

It's called weather and it's variable always has been always will be.
snow report
bloxy, I was thinking that may be why he cancelled his trip.............................................not wink

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 22-01-07 22:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 bloxy
bloxy
Nick_C wrote:
bloxy, I see, a head in the sand kinda guy, your not a Yank are you ?

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/9390/Global_Warming_ended_in_1998

No I'm a pragmatic Brit. There is a significant body of scientists who do not accept the human causation of climate change.

It has a lot more to do with getting research funding than truth. If you are seeking career advancement in an acedemic insitution you need to be on the gravy train of the UN Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Sceptics are refused publication in jounals.

Governments now see it as an ideal way to govern by fear. It is proving to be a great tax earner for Gordon Brown.

If you believe the highly flawed CO2 theory then you should be concerned by the destruction of rain forest which has a far greater influence to the increase in CO2 than the burning of fossil fuels. They are even cutting down rain forest to grow sugar cane to make "enviormentaly freindly" biofuels.

My head is not in the sand but I am willing to consider the true facts not the flawed guesswork that is currently beig sold as the truth.
latest report
bloxy, as I see it.
There’s no harm in trying to make yourself more environmental.

One side is going to be right but we wont know for sure for a number of years

If it's not happening all I've don’t is saved a few quid and felt smug.

If it is happening by the time the sceptic’s says "oh, yes it is sorry" it will be to late, I have tried and I can feel smug as I die of skin cancer/starvation/drowning.
snow report
 bloxy
bloxy
Nick_C,

That is exactlly my point about the rain forests.
snow conditions
I don't see what all the fuss is about, after all the same doom mongers are predicting that in 2030 the worlds crude oil supplies will run out. So then we won't be able to make any more Co2 from fossil fuels.... end of problem, or QED. Oh and while I'm at it, when the rain forests are cut/burnt to plant other crops, do they select special none green ones that don't photosynthesis?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And what about all these people who think electric cars or hybrids are more environmentally friendly? D'uh - where does the electricity come from to charge the batteries? Where does the energy come from to obtain the metals in the batteries from and to produce the batteries?
ski holidays
So this means that Chelsea tractors are good for the environment bacause they are using up crude oil supplies quicker so that we can save the ozone layers sooner?
ski holidays
Look at these quotes from the BBC website:
In reality it won't make any difference what Charles or anyone else does as CO2 emissions on this scale are overwhelming Sad

Coal built China - and fuels its relentless growth today. Eighty per cent of China's electricity comes from coal, and there are plans for 544 new coal-fired power stations to meet an insatiable demand for energy.

Yet coal is a prime source of carbon dioxide - the global warming gas. If the power plants go ahead, it will be all but impossible to avoid dangerous climate change.

Perpetual fires

But the scale of China's own entangled history with coal is overwhelming. Right across northern China, coal seams burn in un-stoppable fires.

Some have been burning naturally for thousands of years, but others are being set alight by small-scale mining operations seeking to cash in on soaring coal prices. Together, these perpetual fires are letting off a total amount of carbon dioxide each year equal to all the cars in the USA.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy