Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad to worse - Les Gets saying it is now Closed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have just looked on Les Gets website as we're due to go there on Sunday. It's saying it is now closed.......My ever helpful tour operator (not) has told me this is only for today! One small crumb of comfort is that there is a free bus transfer to Morzine and Avoriaz. I don't think we'll ever be persuaded by well meaning friends to book early again!! Will let you all know what it's really like on our return.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loatie, I wouldn't be surprised. It is absolutely grim today, just about everywhere except the highest places. After the rain we've had nowhere low is going to be able to open anything until the weather is cold enough to blow snow, and until there is significant precipitation only slopes with snow cannons will be useable. Our resort is higher than Les Gets, and had pretty good snow till the day before yesterday. A bit boiler plate, but still enjoyable. It is now a scene of utter devastation.....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh dear Pam W - that's grim indeed. The optimists amongst us seem to think we'll be ok in either Avoriaz or maybe Flaine if we can get there reasonably easily. Just praying that the scheduled drop in temperature and promised snow will actually arrive.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
loatie, Heart wrenching when you look forward to something so much and it appears that even for the optomistic it's not looking that good. The forecasts seem to be changing and not predicting as much snow as earlier Sad See you in the bars next week !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
loatie - I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you won't be skiing on utterly unfit pistes just so the resort can claim to be open.

As you'll have hopefully seen here, things are mixed in Avoriaz - but at least there's snow and things aren't too crowded.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

As you'll have hopefully seen here, things are mixed in Avoriaz - but at least there's snow and things aren't too crowded.

we're lucky that it's low season, so places like Val T or the top of Avoriaz are not too crowded. It looks pretty certain that we shall have enough snow next week, esp Tuesday, to make things wintry and keep pistes in good nick, but not much chance of off piste except at the highest altitudes.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Loatie,

I felt so sorry for you that I had to look somewhere, anywhere, for better news to cheer you up ....
Well, here is what I found. It mightn't arrive, and it mightn't be enough, and I might be peddling false hope or telling you something you already know but......
snow-forecast is showing a 'moderate' fall of snow, mostly over sun/mon/tue of the coming week, for Les Gets. My experience has been that they underestimate the amounts of snow, and so I'm hopeful for you. Plus the temperature is listed as consistently at or below zero - down as far as minus 28 degrees on Wednesday day night Skullie - so maybe they'll be able to run the snow guns at full pelt.

Have a great time whatever happens.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, there doesn't seem much doubt that things are going to be white again, with some good piste skiing and the chance of blowing some snow at night. Definitely better than this week!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
robertsnerys and pam w - thankyou so much for your comments. It will be truly great if the snow does arrive. To be honest I get a bit fed up with the various forecasts and their unreliability but I am definitely a glass half full kind of person so fingers crossed. In the meantime our contingency is to get up to Avoriaz and possibly Flaine to see what's around. I'm hopeful that we will all be able to enjoy ourselves even if conditions are obviously less than ideal. I'll keep you posted when we get back - Loatie
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Loatie, you'll have fun I'm sure of that. And I know what you mean about forecasts, but (here's tempting fate...) once you get to two-three days away you can have a reasonable degree of confidence that what they've said will actually happen.

Happy skiing/ boarding.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I drove through Les Gets yesterday, and it was indeed closed. It was quite shocking to see such a spring-like view across the grassy slopes surrounding the town.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh blimey, sorry to hear this - we were there over Xmas and I presumed it'd get better not worse!

My next European ski trip will be to Scotland which is looking good and has had consistent skiing (apart from when the winds been up) since early December. There's something highly ironic this year in being able to plan for Scotland and have a good chance of decent conditions and only being able to rely on the highest resorts in many areas of mainland Europe!

I do hope it gets better guys Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga, don't tempt fate! Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Winterhighland wrote:
roga, don't tempt fate! Shocked

LOL, you superstitious or summat? Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I see they have had the snow cannons out on the top.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy