Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc'Teryx vs The North Face? HELP!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a 12 year old sidewinder SV (and a much newer AR, and even newer super expensive isulated one that I can't remember the name of).
It is great, still use it as my main jacket so on that basis GBP400 over hundreds of ski days makes it really quite good value. I notice that Arc'teryx have changed the zip for something more rugged this year due to the above mentioned issues. It is no issue because the factory shop told me that it has a lifetime warranty (it's not from the factory shop) so they'll just swap it Cool

Thankfully I don't have to pay full whack for Arc'teryx stuff becasue if I wait long enough they turn up in the factory shop which is just down the road from me.

MrsH has a top end NorthFace jacket, and it too has been going a really good long time, so no real issues there either.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If anyone's interested there are a fair number of Haglofs jackets turning up in TK Maxx in 'Large' (not my size) for about £150 - if they had fitted, I would have bought two!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Mountain Equipment.
I really like the brand.

I have a Kamchatka jacket: 3 layer GORE-TEX hard shell; it's quite fitted on the torso/body; very well made.
Just a brilliant product without any marketing hype.

Skimottaret - Snow+Rock, Ellis Brigham, Cotswold all have some ME items. S+R and EB seem to keep it with the climbing/mountaineering section rather than ski clothing. I think Go Outdoors also stock ME.

I got mine from Gaynor last year at a very nice price (although they don't seem to have them anymore). Top service and speedy delivery too:
http://www.gaynors.co.uk/

Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy