Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling to Val Thorens this weekend. Any resorts nearby with decent snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Val Thorens on Saturday and would love to find some snow! As the title says, the report for the 3 Valley's is looking pretty poor, so any suggestions for resorts to day trip to that have better snow and are less than 2 - 2.5hrs by car? I was thinking Chamonix, any alternatives? Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ac505, welcome to snowHeads snowHead. I'm also heading to VT this weekend - I think the snow there is probably going to be better than the rest of the 3Vs due to the height. Webcam looks OK.

I'm not worrying too much rolling eyes .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is plenty in Val Thorens alone, and the webcam - like Alastair says - looks pretty good. http://www.valthorens.com/webcam/webcam_360/index.php?langue=3

The area report looks good too http://www.valthorens.com//home/winter/skiing/lift-network/live-opening-report-159-2.html

I'd say there's plenty available. Link to Meribel open. http://www.skiplan.com/skiplan/infostation.php?p_lang=en&p_station=meribel-mottaret&p_region=alpes&p_pays=france&p_stationformate=Meribel-mottaret

I'll swap places with you if you like? Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just been at VT earlier this week. IMHO, If the snow isnt good there, your wasting your time most anywhere else.

Over the last two days the 3V's have had warm and rain, only snow above 2300m. Any pistes lower that this are really suffering. Take with a pinch of salt, the reports of runs being open. They will keep runs open even with slush and exposed rocks, experienced that today. Today I was in CV 1850, some of the main pistes are very poor. Tomorrow Courchevel forcast +7deg C. VT the same! Whole area warm. You probably know this but it will take you about 1 hr to get off the mountain to Moutieres, even before you think about heading anywhere else.

Good luck!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If the snow isnt good there, your wasting your time most anywhere else.

That has to be right and we hope to head over there tomorrow. It was raining locally, very hard, up to 2500m (according to the pisteurs whose advice we sought before deciding not to bother with Les Contamines. Everything below that level will have been absolutely swamped with rain. The quality of the pistes below that level, not great before, has taken a huge dive in the last 24/36 hours.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As other posters have said -VT is the best of the lot for snow. In fact, you'll probably be swamped with daytrippers from other resorts, so get on the lifts early to beat the queues, head to the uppermost runs and enjoy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got text from GF who is in Les Arcs today and snow seems to be ok there
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ac505, if I were you I'd extend your trip to a fortnight (assuming a week). Enjoy VT until mid-week. When it'll dump down. Then enjoy perfect conditions for the remainder of your stay and visit the rest of the 3V, even skiing down to StMdB.

Probably a skier's market at the mo for last minute accom.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think you've chosen wisely going to VT - it's the highest resort in Eurpoe, so generally has the best snow anyway. I expect Meribel, though, and most of the rest of the 3V's will be a different story...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
went to val thorens today. snow there, at the higher levels, is great, and certainly going to be far better than anywhere else around. But it is going to be extremely cold up there this week. It was terrific today, warm and sunny.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy