Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wind Wind Wind

Poster: A snowHead
Surprised nobody else has brought this up yet. Germany is in the grips of one of the biggest storms of the last 20 years. Right now I'm sitting here wondering whether the big tree in my garden will fall on my house. The entire German railway network has been brought to a standstill. All roads to my village are blocked by fallen trees. It seems that winds are gusting to 200Km/H++ up in the mountains and damage is widespread. Anyone up there right now able to report'? How are things in France & Austria & Switzerland?
On the bright side, this storm is said to herald the big change. Winter is coming at last Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mike Lawrie, bruv-in=law just been on from Holland, pretty bad there too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike Lawrie, I've had lots of delays with fallen trees today, in trains and in the car.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Lawrie, according to the telly. Kyril is supposed to be the biggest storm for some time but nothing like Lothar as far as Switzerland is concerned.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bad windy here too - HappyMouffe took 2 hours to do a journey that normally takes 40 minutes...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Windy here too. Walking to the shop at lunch took twice as long
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Windy in here, but that may be due the presence of 3 blokes who had curry for dinner Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Certainly pretty windy here. Currently Frankfurt airport weather service is saying 70kph winds, which is somewhat more than metcheck were forecasting. All shops shut early this evening, presumably to allow staff to go home before the peak of the storm. Sposed to be heading down to the Alps on saturday, so hope my appartment stays in one piece and that flights are not too badly hit.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
29 dead throughout Europe, 120kph winds, and it's calmed down this morning, thankfully...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here's a view of London yesterday..my son's pics Shocked

http://www.pbase.com/dom/storm
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm in Zermatt, no wind at all at resort level - 96km winds and snow at altitude, the Zermatt to Cervinia link is closed. Looking out of my window now, it is cloudy, but looks to be clearing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wind speed picking up again here Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
About the only place that has been calm is scotland !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After a stormy night I got up this morning.

Carport stil there? Check.
Garden furniture still there? Check
Everything else OK in the front garden? Check

Set off for work happy that all was well. 10 mins later the Mrs phones me up and says a 20m tall tree has been blow over in the back garden and took the fence with it into next doors garden.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter S, I didn't notice the wind being any stronger in Durham yesterday afternoon. It's been windy on and off since I came back from my hols.
ski holidays
Helen, just to your south down in Richmond, it wasn't exceptional yesterday either although there were problems on the A1 and further south in West Yorkshire.

Looks like tommorrow morning may actually be windier for a time.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
they shut nearly the whole of serre che, bar briancon run to resort and monetier run to resort, yesterady due to high winds. Thankfully all running normally today. Very Happy
snow report
Helen Beaumont, we have had gales for two weeks now.
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, and they're back this morning I see.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy