Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt snow/slope conditions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Eight of us from Washington DC are spending a week in Zermatt (10.3 - 17.3), at the Hotel Bellerive. Currently it looks like Zermatt/Cervinia have some of the better ski/slope conditions, though has anyone been there recently to validate that claim? Any snow forecasted in the coming week(s)?

Thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Hokie
Stayed in Cervinia last week and skied both sides.

Conditions are OK at the moment, but it is likely to cause problems if little more snow - it was +9at 2500 m on Saturday.

Having said that, Cervinia mostly open and skiing well to 2500M, below that to 2000M (village) slushy and a bit thin in places.

Zermatt - Schwarzee - pretty good conditions down to Furgg 2432M and OK down to Furi 1864M. New lift to Riffelberg from Furi is great, but snow was not - hard articial and brown slush. Did not get over to Sunnegga

Having said that managed a good weeks skiing on both sides of the border, and conditions are passable which is more than you can say for a lot of places. You have got a few weeks before you get there, so with the height of the slopes you must have a good chance of some more snow!

Just watch out for the winds - made for some uncomfortable skiing last week at times.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From the webcams, it looks very wet in town right now. The cameras on the mountains from earlier today show some significant deterioration from the adequate/good conditions when I was there two weeks ago - hopefully the snow/rain limit is not too far up at the moment. I think it is forecast to become cold/snowy in a couple of days. You're still 8 weeks or so away, so I'd be confident that you'll have some great conditions! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy