Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Padding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of good but cheap body armour/padding to protect my skiiny back bottom? Had one too many tumbles on my coccsyx last week in la Plagne and it's feeling a little tender, a message I can't ignore before I go again in March!

I know there are some bits from Dianese but at £80 for a pair of short, I don't think my wallet can stretch. Does anyone know of kit that's closer to about £50 - that's less of a bitter pill to swallow!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd search the special offers on outdoor sites such as mountain biking/boarding, skateboarding etc for the sales.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try www.bargainboards.com, i bought some padded shorts that do the trick and I think they were quite cheap ! Keep up the boarding and stay off the greens, they are worse than the reds for a new boarder !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/ProductList.aspx?SubCat=95
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, Masque, result! They're much more in my price range! Will have to check the sizes - do they do a 34" waist with skinny back bottom!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know if they're any good, but I just came across these on Ebay when I was looking for wrist guards. They do look a little lumpy Happy

http://tinyurl.com/2bw78k
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dude..there's a cheap 'n' cheerful solution that works everytime...

buy yourself a 'cheep 'n' cheerful camping mat..£5 on ebay, £10 from your local milletss, not the thermarest ones just the bog standard foamy ones..Cut out a bit that's vaguel bum sized and then shape so that it can fit down the inside of your board trousers..job done..and make one for your mates...

helps keep your bum warm when doing bindings etc..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
www.chainreactionsnow.com had some 661 shorts for £28 i haven't tried the shorts but i have the knee pads and they've been great!!

Another solution if you can't get shorts to fit is Hein Gericke motorbike shop www.hein-gericke.co.uk sell armour called Hiprotec its made of flexible rubber and costs about £10 it comes with popper studs that you can use to attach it supposedly inside motorbike gear but it also works great if you attach it to a pair of baselayer leggings or shorts you can either use the popper studs or sew the armour in!! I tried this as i couldn't get shorts that fitted me and it works great it doesn't look like it will protect you as it looks quite thin but trust me it does!!I've crashed bikes a couple of times and fallen plenty while snowboarding in this stuff and so far it's done the job! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy