Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 12-17th Jan - Relax!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a 5 day blast. Yes the snow was thin on the lower slopes but higher up full coverage, although all the off piste was wind blown there was some really good skiing to be had with no queues at all - so I'm knackered.

Skiable down to Peisey through the trees a little icy in the am and slushy in the afternoon. Just spoken to a mate who is on the road driving up to Tignes and there is 20cm fresh in Peisey last night, raining hard lower down at present in Bourg.

Temps forecast to drop over the weekend

So why am I now sitting at work Puzzled

snowHead snowHead snowHead enjoy it anyone who is off out shortly snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin Nicholas, thanks for the report Martin, I'm en route to Les Arcs at the moment so plenty of skiing to look forward to Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
great news. heading out there on saturday. can't wait snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good news indeed, will be there on the 28th.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, look forward to the reports Very Happy

Looks like it is snowing higher up but raining on the webcam at 1950 - with temps rising over the next two days, lower slopes could do with it easing off asap - certainly going to get colder from Monday though and hopefully further snow as freezing level will not be a concern from then on for few days at least.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AGAIN Rob!!!!! Bahhhhhhhhh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jayne durham wrote:
AGAIN Rob!!!!! Bahhhhhhhhh

Sorry Embarassed

But with all this wind at Heathrow I might not make it out of the country...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Working from home again Rob? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a good trip Rob. Looking forward to your report, especially post week-end. Let it snow snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Martin Nicholas, Great news! Off there tomorrow snowHead

rob@rar, Glad not to be flying there in these winds Skullie Taking the tunnel & driving snowHead Maybe see you over there?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm off to La Plagne tomorrow morning, which is on the same lift pass.

Next week looks like a bit of "All White" for the Paradiski!! snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Glad not to be flying there in these winds

We had a scary landing at Birmingham last night, and a rough flight home. Have a good hol all of you
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
15 of us off there on the 27th - YAY
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yep, sposed to plunder down with snow for 4 days from Monday!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
flying_squirrel, Great Toofy Grin Leaving tomorrow - cant wait!
snow report
flying squirrel.... is it forecast for high winds do you know?? Rob's made me jealous now... If there's going to be loadsa snow I might just have to think about jumping in the car and going to haunt Rob..... Laughing
snow report
flying_squirrel, I'm going to try and drop in for some food and drink when I'm in Les Arcs, how far are you from the Vanoise link? Let's hope it does plunder down snowHead
latest report
Will,

We'll see you over the weekend - 5 of us in 1950 from Early Sat am ( the joy of trains...), so hope to make it over to the Squirrel at some stage.

Rob: you got your mobile on you? We were going to share beer over a hot waxing iron IIRC! See PM for mine.

Bungle I'll put a report up as soon as

But, and here's the booger - only in town til Tuesday. So if its tonking down Mon Tue Wed Thur , then

a) I won't be able to ski because they'll close it all for avalanche clearing.
b) I won't be able to enjoy it after its all fallen because we will have left.

Hohum... and so the long season wears on.

Still: it has to be better than looking at rain on the Webcams. Laughing
snow conditions
JimW, thanks, mine by reply.

Scooter, the Squirrel is very close to the Vanoise Express. I'll PM directions before you come out next week.

jayne durham, windy and warm tomorrow I think. After my journey out was much delayed I'm a bit cheesed off the wind is following me!

geri, a snowHeads meet in the Flying Squirrel on Monday lunchtime? JimW and his crew will be around, and hopefully PG as well.

boredsurfin, just a little bit. Thank God for broadband! Did you get your's ordered?

Bungle, still raining at 1800, but very close to freezing so hopefully some fresh snow above 2100m Smile
snow conditions
My contact on the ground there says its raining still in Peisey at 1300, but snow line dropping
snow report
rob@rar, et al,

Monday lunch sounds good. Book the table!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy