Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets - Will there be snow in February (I pray)

Poster: A snowHead
wink Hi, we only started snowboarding last Easter, so this will be our first snowboarding holiday. We are going to Les Gets for a week 10th February. Just wondered, I've been watching the web cams (almost obsessivly) and snow reports, left right and centre, but just hoped you, the experts, would be able to hazard a guess to what it'll be like, snow wise? Just a little worried we'll get there and the conditions will be poor - although just being there will be cool Cool

I can't wait to do it for real, we have been going to Xscape, CasVegas for a while now and just can't wait to get on the real stuff - I know everyone on this forum is thinking the same. I can't believe the snow's soooo late, I was told last year Les Gets area got stacked out with snow.

I hope someone can put my mind at rest! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Very Happy all replies are well grateful!!

Cheers[b][b]Leedslips[/b][/b][/quote]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[b]Leedslips[/b][/quote] I'm new to this, as you can see lol Blush
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A few of the guys in Morzine reckon the locals are saying winter will start on the 20th - look for Phillip Stanton's post on Morzine/Avoriaz/Les Gets.

What's the CasVegas night like? Was always a bit put off by the chance of breaking something in a fridge and stopping real skiing, and looking foolish trying to work out how to actually jump Smile

and welcome to snowHeads !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leedslips, nobody will be able to tell you for sure, and don't believe anyone who does. But there's a very good chance of quite a bit of snow next week (after torrential rain, so give the webcams a miss for a couple of days if you value your sanity). The chances are you'll have good snow, and you'll find real snow SOOOOOO much nicer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Leedslips, Hi, seen a guy today who was skiing les gets weekend just gone. He said there was enough there for him but some of the others guys he went with went over to Avoriaz which is holding up pretty well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will definitely be snow by 10th Feb. Bigger worry for that week is that it's half term so lift queues will be grim. Get up early, head high into the montains and enjoy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Leedslips, I'm going to Les Gets on the 3rd February, so will try and update when there, although there are regular updates on other threads. As it looks at the moment, there WILL be snow next week! Les Gets should be ideal for your first boarding holiday. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,

I am also going to Les Gets on the 3rd Feb, like others have seen the promising news that snow is forecast for next week, but does anyone out there currently have any news on how much we can expect and whether it's the beginning of winter as it should be or just slight relief from what we've had already?

Thanks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
d2dja, I don't think anyone can predict the amount of snow, its all going to depend alot on what happens with the freezing level. I believe from other threads that some locals have been saying 20th January for the start of winter, its certainly looking more promising. Where you staying?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm staying in an Apartment block called Annie Sylvie, I think it's just off the main drag.

I don't mind if there isn't a huge amount of snow, just enough to cover the area and open most of the runs would do!

Any one know how much snow would be needed to open most of the resorts?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm off to Les Gets on friday... I'll be sure to let everyone know what conditions are like... the latest forecast I've seen tells me its going to start getting snow at resort level in the middle of next week. Fingers (but not skis) crossed it will come soon!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wink Thanks to everyone who has replied to my post, I really appreciate it and will take your advice and stay off the web cams lol - and to toiletduckuk the CasVegas night is cool, it's all we know right now so anything is better than nothing snow wise. Just can't wait to get on the real thing, feel that we will progress alot further on the real stuff.

Thanks again to everyone who replied, wink Leedslips!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Watching these Les Get threads with interest. I'm there on 11th March so plenty of time for tons of snow (he hopes). According to the resort website there are only 4 blue runs open out of the total of 67 runs. The chalet owner has been running people to Avoriaz.

In the old days you never really knew what the conditions were like until you got there. Now T'internet and webcams have given you the opportunity to worry about it !

I feel sorry for all the people who work in the resorts who will be suffering real financial hardship.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kendadj, Well said.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was in Les Gets Christmas week when it was not at its best and am going again the same week as you (10th).

I think it will be ok but do as you are doing, watxch the boards and the cams and maybe start to think about plannign for no snow, ie, organise a car and lookup resorts higher that you can go and ski.

Been half term week before and the lifts are fine as you get higher/further from the chavanne area and the beginners - as has been said.
ski holidays
Brits in classes (which is a fair percentage of skiiers at this resort) will tend to congregate around the runs on the Chvanne, expecially the chair next to the Yeti bar at the top of the bubble.

Stear clear of here and you've got lots to go take a look at! Smile
snow report
Leedslips, Hi, i was in les gets last feb for a week and the place is faboulus, great wide runs, great scenery of the mount blanc massiff and a great choice for you first proper Holiday. There was loads of snow whilst i was there and even though this winter has had a very poor start i have no doubts by the time you arrive theyll have good conditons. Due to its close proximity to Mount blanc les gets has its own micro climate and has a very healthy snow record. Hope this helps. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
I am out on the 24th Feb and also hope the snow starts, to build some sort of base that will be able to hold for the inevitable days when it does get a bit warm, otherwise there will be no season at all this year
snow conditions
As toiletduckuk says, we're tying to keep this thread up to date with an honest view of conditions.

Leedslips - welcome.

professorpool's advice about considering a car is very sound advice. Whilst getting over to Avoriaz is possible by bus, it's far from the best way to start and end your day.

pam w - you're not joking about the sanity!
ski holidays
Those in the area, please keep updates coming esp. after the weekend!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy