Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where do you stick your SnowHeads stickers?

Poster: A snowHead
A couple of very important things have happened to me this week. A couple of days ago I received my SnowHeads stickers (v. quick - ta guys). And today I received my new Magfire 10 skis.
I was wondering - do you stick SnowHeads sickers on your skis? If so, where on your skis do you stick 'em? And if not, where do you stick yours?
I'm now wetting myself waiting to go skiing....the rain has stopped here in Brighton, the sun is shining and it's gone cold. It would be a perfect day for skiing - 'cept Brighton is usually a bit devoid of the white stuff. Oh well, can dream.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
petemillis, I stuck mine on the tails, but I don't know if they will stay on when I go skiing.

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The smooth black bit on the underneath. The surface is quite waxy so make sure you scrape it all off first Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two are wrapped around the poles and one on eack ski tail (some go on the luggage for quick ID on the carousel).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On me boots.

Poles are a good idea though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty, Laughing

Was thinking about tails - but then they ain't visible outside the mountain restaurants so I might go tips instead. One thing that concerns me is whether the sticker will alter the stiffness of the front of the ski and upset them in some way. Has anyone done any serious research on sticker placement?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On my skis, just in front of the bindings, to remind me to switch them around now and then. Just sticking the other ones on the poles...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
petemillis, I actually have them on the topsheet at the front tip end, accross the ski at its widest point Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I want some snowhead stickers! How do I get me some of them?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm thinking of buying same skis as Michelle which may cause confusion at the EOSB so this may be one way to tell the difference. M, are you planning to snowhead yr skis & if so, where?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Eeyore, Easy to tell apart: Your skis will be stood neatly, Michelle's will be sprawled in a drunken heap Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski-finder, Here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=9062

snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski-finder, SnowHead stickers here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640
pack of 40 for a deep sea diver incl postage
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
petemillis, i go for randomly on skis/boots/pole and also helmet

during the PSB at LDA this year we spotted this one in a random bar....

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, NehNeh NehNeh thanks friend Laughing
Eeyore, I haven't... yet Toofy Grin
snow conditions
petemillis, On the back of my helmet and tails of my skis. SP and I were spotted by our helmet stickers by another snowHead at Arc 2000 last year. Contact was made of course!!

ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Eeyore, Easy to tell apart: Your skis will be stood neatly, Michelle's will be sprawled in a drunken heap Twisted Evil

Laughing I'd duck if I was you. Besides, I think Charlatanefc may have something to say about that idea, not sure I can live up to his expectations tho.. Shocked
snow report
I've got one on each pole by the handle end. I've got another on my helmet at the front. Maybe I should put the 4th on the back of my helmet.
Then I'd need to buy some extra ones.
ski holidays
petemillis, I got my stickers this week too but have 30 days (and counting) to decide where to put them. Mrs L has told me where she thinks they might go, but I thought that it might be a bit uncomfortable Shocked so thanks for your alternative suggestions everybody.
snow conditions
If I got some would it affect the helmet if I stuck them on it like some folk here have?
latest report
Helmet and ski topsheets front tip & bag and case for identification snowHead
snow conditions
Mine are on my helmet, the ones on the skis fell off - the glue couldn't handle the speeds Toofy Grin
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, you couldn't handle the glue or the speed more like it wink
snow report
FenlandSkier, yep they go fast and rip the stickers off when you have fell out of them NehNeh
snow report
Mine are now on my Brand spanking New Fischer RX8's and my Tin Lid.
snow report
Seems like quite a few people use stickers for bag identification, thats going to lead to alot of confusion at airports for the EOSB!
snow conditions
Quote:

Your skis will be stood neatly, Michelle's will be sprawled in a drunken heap

Frosty the Snowman, I know that Michelle's skis will be neatly locked together with a ski lock NehNeh
ski holidays
Linds, not till the Eosb surely??? I won't be in the same resort till then Wink

I have snowheads stickers on the front and tail of the topsheet of my ski's like Nick_C
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Linds, not till the EoSB surely??? I won't be in the same resort till then

Charlatanefc, I expect to see she has mastered the use of her ski lock by the time we hit Sauze next month Laughing

I have a Snowhead sticker on the back of my helmet snowHead
latest report
I stick mine on my helmet, there's a picture of it in my album in snowMedia.

I've also stuck them on school folders but constantly being rubbed around in my bag made all the printing fade Sad
latest report
crazy_skier_jules, I've stuck one on the back of the car and all the rain and mud has made it fade Sad
snow conditions
Right, I've just installed a couple of snowHead stickers on my skis - in front of the bindings just above the letter "e" in elan. I was a bit worried about the ruggedness having installed similar stickers before no my enduro bike, so I used a piece of clear UV and weather resistant adhesive vinyl (the same stuff as used for protecting graphics on signs etc) over each one, overlapping the edges by about 10mm. A bit anal I s'pose but the stickers now look nice and shiny and as if they're under the surface of the ski - much harder for scallies to whip off when they want to nick the skis!
latest report
boredsurfin, I've had mine on the back of the car since March last year...and while it is a bit faded, it's still readable snowHead
latest report
petemillis, wow - I'm impressed! Can you install some on mine please? I've never got my stickers to stick on anything! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
On my computer equipment Smile
ski holidays
cathy, that's because you've been trying to stick them on when you should actually be installing them Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 PreyGirl
PreyGirl
petemillis wrote:
Right, I've just installed a couple of snowHead stickers on my skis - in front of the bindings just above the letter "e" in elan. I was a bit worried about the ruggedness having installed similar stickers before no my enduro bike, so I used a piece of clear UV and weather resistant adhesive vinyl (the same stuff as used for protecting graphics on signs etc) over each one, overlapping the edges by about 10mm. A bit anal I s'pose but the stickers now look nice and shiny and as if they're under the surface of the ski - much harder for scallies to whip off when they want to nick the skis!

This is craaaazy! I was JUST thinking about ordering these or something similar maybe to put on a clear phone case!? But first wanted to check reddit when I saw your post ..

Last edited by PreyGirl on Fri 25-09-20 2:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
george_1 wrote:
Seems like quite a few people use stickers for bag identification, thats going to lead to alot of confusion at airports for the EOSB!

Not really. Mine has more than one stickers. The now defunct Epicski.com sticker is quite unique. Not to mention the skidiva.com sticker.

I often see a lot of bags with ski resort stickers on them. I hope the owner can tell which one they put on their bags and not get confused with bags also have resort stickers. I use stickers strictly as an identification aid, so I want my stickers to be unique. I'm not beyond putting kayak stickers on ski equipment, and ski stickers on my kayaking gear. Toofy Grin
latest report
Hmmm --- 13 year old thread bump !!
snow report
it's a timeless topic anyway.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy