Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Former ski bums end up £35 million richer

Poster: A snowHead
The much-maligned British ski bum (sorry, 'seasonaire') is not always a lost cause:

Back in 1988 Tim Slade and Jules Leaver were bumming in Meribel, printed some t-shirts with the hugely creative slogan 'Meribel '88' and are now - 16 years on - floating their company (Fat Face) for £35 million.

This report from This Is London.

I happen to know, because I witnessed it, that Nevica (now including Killy) was founded in similar circumstances. Its owner, the illustrious Paul Goldstein, bummed in Sauze d'Oulx, saw an opportunity to import a local skiwear brand into the UK and....all else is history.

So, fellow snowHeads, sow and ye shall reap.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could I market something along the lines of Che Guevara skiwear? After all, Cuban revolutionaries are always the icon of choice for middle class people with a conscience!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevin mcclean, does that mean Che's a pin-up of yours?? Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very topical, kevin. Your icon is the star of a newly released movie The Motorcycle Diaries, but it's about Che Guevara's long long ride across South America on an old Norton, not a pair of skis.

Leathers could be more profitable than skiwear though, and there's a healthy market with ageing middle class nostalgics.

The movie's worth seeing, by the way.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-09-04 10:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey, who says that my bike is old?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG-I can assure you I'm the genuine article!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone still buy Fat Face? It used to be really good (about 5 years ago), now i am i getting old or is just pretty naff now?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've actually never heard of it! Sorry.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I still buy Fat Face. They've had some good stuff out this summer, cropped trousers in technical fabric that are perfect for sailing, and some cool tops. But then I'm a girl.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevin, here's their website if you want to replace your legendary wardrobe.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David, I'm ashamed to admit that I don't possess any fashion sense whatsoever (a fact that can be confirmed by my wife), hence the apparel so lovingly displayed on the link passes me by! Hats with logos, shirts with emblems, etc, is something I've never got into. On the right person I'm sure this'd look good but on me.......well, I can imagine what my students would think!

I do own a pair of jeans, however.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kevin mcclean wrote:
Could I market something along the lines of Che Guevara skiwear? After all, Cuban revolutionaries are always the icon of choice for middle class people with a conscience!

I'd re-think that kevin, I read an article at the weekend that suggested Boris Johnson teeshirts now outsell those of Che Guevara. He may be the antithesis of you, but it might make you a few more shillings if you incorporated his image into your proposed skiwear Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Snowhead Sticker thread mentions Snowheads fleeces being a feasible idea.

Fat Face will print your logo onto a range of their products, for instance:

http://www.fatface.com/fatfacesite/pages/product/product.asp?ctlg=FatFace&ctlgdisp=FatFace&ctgry1=Technical&ctgry1disp=Sports+Kit&ctgry=t%5FMens&ctgrydisp=Mens&prod=08665

100 of these printed with the snowHeads logo on the back would cost £18.50 each inclusive of VAT, delivery etc. I guess that a higher quantity would reduce the cost.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ, I found a company that charge a one off fee to set up for embroidery of between £40 and £100 but then let you buy fleeces, hats and other clothing at a flat rate in any size or colour they can suppy, I felt that an embroidered logo would last for much longer than a screen printed one
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, emobroidery doesn't look so good and your limited in size. A well professionally screen printed one will last a long time. Well that's my experience of doing these sort of things as tour shirts before....... snowHead
ski holidays
Dan, it does seem to depend on the supplier of either, I have seen very good and very large embroidery and screen printed logos, however I have also seen very bad examples of both, on t-shirts I'd say the screen print works better, but for fleeces the embroidery always looks better because of the depth of the fabric, on waterproofs it's sensible to go with the screen print again. I had suggested fleeces because they tend to be quite useful in the winter plus they came at a fair price in any quantity/size and a variety of colours for no extra cost meaning that quantity would not be important
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy