Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Bel Horizon - Val Thorens Jan 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Other that the depressing, ongoing weather reports, I'd like to give some good news.

I've been staying at Le Bel Horizon in Val Thorens, 3 days only, last minute booking. I had to guarantee some decent snow this week! I arrived Monday 15th, I leave today, Wednesday 17th.

From the start of the booking process, through to the day-to-day inter action, excellent!

I only booked 4 days beforehand. I emailed several Hotels in Val Thorens, late one evening after 10:00 pm. I did not expect any response until the next day. I was going to call them all then. Of the two other hotels, one never replied, one took two days. Le Bel Horizon replied within 10 minutes, remember this was 11:00 pm Val Thorens local time.

All the usual requirements were here. but here are some key areas that stand-out amongst the many:-

Booking, replies were promt and clear.
    On arrival at the hotel, I was given a hand unloading my bags.
    They asked how my journey was from Manchester. I didn't remember saying I was coming from MCR. The receptionist I had spoke to was off duty.
    I arrived at 9am, I didnt expect to be given any room access, not a problem. Swapped me to a room that was ready. This meant that by 12:30 I was fed, watered, refreshed ready to go for the afternnon.
    I never had to tell them my name or room number twice.
    Food was excellent.
    Free WiFi internet access. Or I couldnt send this!
    As I wish to ski on checkout day, they offered to give me access to a room or use the sauna room shower later on that day. I didn't have to ask.
    They even put up with my pathetic attempts to speak French, with patience and good humour.
    Excellent staff throughout!
    A very 'French' establishment, an attention to detail, highly professional.

Highly recommended!

Oh and BTW still good snow and some rooms available for this week and next.

To all the other hotels I'm staying at over the next 12 days, you've got some benchmark to measure against!

Web: http://www.belhorizon.com/
Phone : +33 (0)4 79 00 04 77
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy