Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One photo you may not find in the brochures next winter...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...it's an evocative shot of the Coire Cas Gunbarrel on Cairngorm,yesterday. This location - a scene of human drama, challenge and suffering over the past 43 years (the age of the trusty T-bar on the right) - will be familiar to many Cairngorm devotees.

The photo's from the excellent Highland-Instinct site. Here's a wider selection of their shots from Cairngorm yesterday. Full marks to all the photographic models for their commitment, and better luck for the rest of the season!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the words of the old song 'Ah yes - ah rrememberr eet well'
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
my condolences. Any skiing better than none?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The UK "home" skiers are a hardy bunch!

I think I'm right in saying the Scottish resorts are commercial operations (albeit in financial difficulties), and the English operations are keen amateur, some details of them here:

http://www.snowlion.freeuk.com/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great site Ian, do you actually work at all Question Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been very good today - anyway I posted that 7:20 - well after work! Very Happy

One of the chaps on Ski Club Open Forum was an enthusiast for English ski=ing and he'd dropped some links which were easy enough to rediscover...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The gunbarrel actually had rather good snow earlier in the month - a bit of ice at the bottom, but thoroughly skiable, even by green skiers. Sad to see it's gone back to its usual state of affairs now though.

That's the problem with Scottish skiing - it's all about pot luck. I really can't believe how lucky we were (because of it being a special occasion, we'd booked well in advance - a sure recipe for disaster on the skiing front). We managed one day's skiing out of the two full days we were up there (the other day being written off because of high winds).

With such unreliable conditions, how are the resorts going to attract anyone except those within a couple of hours' drive, who can decide on Friday evening whether to head up? Even though we're only 3.5 hours away, we still have to plan it a bit in advance.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Worked at Aviemore at the weekend for a couple of seasons. I was tour guide and ski instructor. I well remember sitting on the coach in the mornings, praying that the electronic sign on the road to the hill would proclaim "Area Stormbound". If it was I took the customers on a distillery tour, which was a whole lot more satisfying than the skiing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd probably rather spend the day at Dalwhinney given the choice too, Mike!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy