Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from Tremblant

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well we just got back from a great 10 days in Tremblant, Canada. The first few days were a little patchy and wet but then the temps dropped and it snowed everyday and they had all the guns on every night.
Its a great time to go as it was so quiet.
A few pics:

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lovely photos Greig, we were there over New Year 2000/2001 and the pics took me right back. Did you try the Beaver Tails? (for those of you with dirty minds this is a thing a bit like a pancake!)
For us it was v cold (the warmest day was the last when it reached -9C. We have lots of photos in which only we would know who is who because there is no flesh showing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That looks like a nice place.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Greig, hi there great pics we have been to tremblant for the last three years and had a great time there see you stayed at the fairmont(nice pool hey)did you by any chance use the tremblant insider board for info and get chance to meet up with jb and co
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It looks great, especially the last photo.

What's Tremblant like in terms of the town, getting to the slopes, and so on? Come on - full trip report, please!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hyweljenkins wrote:
It looks great, especially the last photo.

What's Tremblant like in terms of the town, getting to the slopes, and so on? Come on - full trip report, please!

The village is pretty much what you see in the background, all the hotels are within walking distance, even the ones at the bottom of the village are close as there is a small open cable car that takes you right over the top of the village to the main gondola. (see 2nd last pic)

Nick-Those beaver tails are amazing, aleast after a hard day on the slopes it will be burnt off.

The warmest was the first few days where the temperture was sometimes +4 degrees but after that it dropped to around -8ish during the day -15 during the night, the snow making system they have is also very good, I couldn't believe what 1 night of snow making did.

Neilski-Yes, that sure is the fairmont, great hotel, just walked past the pool & hot tub and skied down to the gondola, at the end of the day we skied down Nansen which finishes right at the hotel. See picture below.

Greig
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Greig, cannot believe how quiet it all looks we have only ever visited in school hols plus it looks in pretty good nick considering the early season r$$n they had over there mind you the temps they are having must be a relief we had -36 on top of the hill one year in feb Shocked
did you think it was reasonably priced at tat time of year we are thinking of going for new year next time
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Neilski wrote:
Greig, cannot believe how quiet it all looks we have only ever visited in school hols plus it looks in pretty good nick considering the early season r$$n they had over there mind you the temps they are having must be a relief we had -36 on top of the hill one year in feb Shocked
did you think it was reasonably priced at tat time of year we are thinking of going for new year next time

It is even worse this this, it really is dead. The conditions are really pretty good at the moment with a good forecast for the next few weeks. This is a great time to go though.
Regarding prices, eating in the actual resort was about the same price as here in the UK but there is a small town called St Jovite about 10 mins bus ride from Tremblant which costs $1.25, the quality and prices was much better there. If you do go you must visit an Italian called Antipasto.

Anymore questions just ask.

Greig
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Greig, Is this an Intrawest enterprise? Looks good, we have skied Vermont before and had all the famous East coast weathers. I assume Tremblant can be just as cold and icy or does it get a different weather system?

I am planning a Feb 2008 trip for a very mixed bunch of skiers and non skiers - looks like this could be a possible venue with the pools etc. We have been to Panorama which has a similar looking pool set up which was fab ( both the resort and pools ) but a long haul by plane and car.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CP wrote:
Greig, Is this an Intrawest enterprise? Looks good, we have skied Vermont before and had all the famous East coast weathers. I assume Tremblant can be just as cold and icy or does it get a different weather system?

I am planning a Feb 2008 trip for a very mixed bunch of skiers and non skiers - looks like this could be a possible venue with the pools etc. We have been to Panorama which has a similar looking pool set up which was fab ( both the resort and pools ) but a long haul by plane and car.

Yes it is, speaking to the locals it does get cold but not like it used to, one of the days we were there it was -22 but as long as your dressed properly its fine, saying that we still saw people skiing with sunglasses and no hat on. Confused

For a mixed bunch I would say its pretty good, the ski school has great reviews, my other half had a few days of group lessons and really enjoyed them.

There is hotels for all budgets and lots of condo's to rent, all easily within walking distance.

Best thing is its only 6.5 hrs flight from the UK. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CP, 6.5 hr flicht from heathrow the 1.5 hr transfer to resort can be quicker than getting to the alps at half term
interwest/fortress own resort so the town is a purpose built ski resort with the many ski in ski out properties
a great resort for mixed ability groups and non skiers,every route down the hill has a hard and easy way down
the best hotel is the fairmont at the top of the village outdoor pool looks over the slopes very good at the end of the day
can be very cold but is easily managed with the right clothing
good trip research site www.kokotele.proboards18.com/index.cgi
small but great fun resort brilliant for a week
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Neilski, Thanks for reply. We can do cold no problem having skied Stowe and a number of the smaller ski areas in Southern Vermont.

I will put this on the list for sure.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Greig, we ate out in St Jovite a couple of times too. A really good French-style restaurant, can't remeber its name sorry.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy