Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow!!!!!!!! Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Sooo excited - have just looked at the snow forecast for soldeu el tarter .............
2cm on mon 21st
11cm on tue 22nd
and
31cm for tue 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
looks as though our prayers may have been answered - fingers crossed the prediction is right!!!!

same for pas de la casa Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chuffed to bits for you ---- I've got my fingers well crossed for end next week as I go to Morzine/Les gets.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wooooooooooooooooooo u have just made my day !!! i fly out on the 21st lol!!!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stick2000, and all of you Andorra mob that seem to have skipped past the "never believe the amounts of snow forecast" warnings broadcast on these pages for months. Please ignore any forecasts beyond 4 or 5 days and take those beyond three days with a pinch of salt. The GFS runs posted all over this site will give an indication of trends, but NOT exact amounts of snow/rain and NO WEATHER FORECASTER IN THE WORLD knows how much snow is going to fall, certainly this far out from the event itself.

The weather signs are looking promising, but PLEASE do not fall for the snow-forecast (and met-check) propaganda on snowfall amounts this far out, it can only lead to disappointment. Keep calm, be positive, keep your fingers crossed, but to avoid having large amounts of egg on your face... do not go telling the mates you're going skiing with that it's gonna dump "x cm of snow" as the chances of being right are as much as my chances of pulling Kylie Minogue.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
b3lty, polite request - could you save the text-speak for your mobile please? You're allowed more than 160 characters per message on here and the extra effort to convert "u" to "you" is hardly going to result in RSI now, is it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stick2000, count, chickens, hatch !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i know it's not guaranteed but it's better than having no hope at all. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carled wrote:
stick2000
The weather signs are looking promising, but PLEASE do not fall for the snow-forecast (and met-check) propaganda on snowfall amounts this far out, it can only lead to disappointment. Keep calm, be positive, keep your fingers crossed, but to avoid having large amounts of egg on your face... do not go telling the mates you're going skiing with that it's gonna dump "x cm of snow" as the chances of being right are as much as my chances of pulling Kylie Minogue.

That would mean there is an equal chance of there being a greater amount of snow than predicted would it not? and how can predicting x amount of snow be a propaganda campain by highly respected weather sites? What would be in it for them to make wrong weather predictions? Thats a strange statment to make.

Although I would be very wary of anyone predicting snow 5 days away as Ive seen before it can disappear to nothing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stop weeing on their parade! Snow heading for Arinsal too- chin up everyone!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just come back Schladming Austria where conditions were far from ideal but I still had a great time. The stress of weather watching is over for me now but I am keeping an eye on the Andorra situation with interest because my friend and his family are going out there to ski for the first time on my recommendation! He's blissfully unaware of the snow situation and keeps talking about how much he's looking forward to skiing. The first he'll know about the lack of snow is when I grab him by the shoulders shaking him back and forth with tears in my eyes shouting YES..YES IT'S SNOWING IN ANDORRA, PRAISE THE LORD!

Hopefully that will be very soon.

It's easy to get over excited when you see all the little black lines shooting upward on the Metcheck graph but I found the weather watchers on this site to be more realistic with their forecasts.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boris360, I was in a similar position, the guy im going with has done one day at Milton Keynes and I was starting to think he'd seen the most snow he ever would there. But I have faith it will all be ok!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
*sigh*
Quote:
What would be in it for them to make wrong weather predictions? Thats a strange statment to make

They're not doing it on purpose! They're just unable to predict that far out, no-one can. It's too unstable. Trends towards coldness, a little precipitation, moderate precipitation and so on can be identified, but these "respected" (who by? Not me!) weather sites do stupid things like "29.6cm snow" predicted... rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welll that's totally screwed up my plans - I was looking forward to a week of grass sledging - or so I'd told everyone... Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carled, so what your saying is we can't get even slightly excited and certainly no jumping up and down till it actually snows? thats not really cricket, surely the fact that they are predicting snow and not rain for a change is enough for us to be allowed some slightly muffled optimism! granted it could change, but as mentioned above it could easily change in our favour too. . . Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No! I'm not saying that at all! I've been harping on about a pattern change in mid Jan since... er... about the end of December and although it's slipped by a few days, we can now say (in the middle of January) that there are some very promising signs of a change for the better now in the offing, with serious cold temps and a good chance of precipitation from this weekend onwards.

All I'm urging (as I do every time it happens on here) is a large pinch of salt to be taken by those who seem to treat snow-forecast and met-check as having an absolutely accurate crystal ball.

I'd get much more excited about cold & snow if Brian or Skanky were predicting it than if those other two sites I mentioned were doing so...
snow report
Snowforecast are also predicting about 20cm on Sunday/Monday on their site too... someone must surely be right here...

J
ski holidays
jg5118, calm down. There will be snow.
latest report
jg5118, they all use the same source material... hardly surprising that they all have similar forecasts. It is NOT possible to predict the amount of snow to fall in cm, trust me.
snow conditions
Hey, the forecast ar calling for a big big dump!!!! with the snow level on sea level!!! Shocked Shocked

Keep your fingers crossed
ski holidays
I remember last year metcheck forecast about 20cms of snow and we had about 2 metres. I hope this is the same this year.
latest report
Well whatever it made me feel better and what is wrong with text speak, surely if you are only aloud a 160 characters the shorter the better!
snow report
Quote:

NO WEATHER FORECASTER IN THE WORLD knows how much snow is going to fall, certainly this far out from the event itself

Quote:

do not go telling the mates you're going skiing with that it's gonna dump "x cm of snow" as the chances of being right are as much as my chances of pulling Kylie Minogue

Well there are people on this site who are already confidently predicting that the whole "season" is going to be pants so Kylie had better watch out, even if she's safe from carled
ski holidays
Kylie's nearly got the same birthday as me, so we'll have something to talk about should our paths ever cross. And we've both had a cold at the same time, though I didn't have to cancel a World Tour as a result.
ski holidays
carled, might be better on another thread but the current snow levels forecast for Andorra six or so days out all seem to be out of a low forming at about 150 hours and moving north east through Andorra into the Alps with potential snow at low levels for all

Any views on how likely that low is to actually form? excuse my weather ignorance but is it more or less likely than if it was (for example) a low that is well established but say west of Ireland with a nicely positioned high looking likely to shift it down through the UK, into France and to the Alps - I guess I am worried this one of those "all or not very much at all situations" if that low doesn't keep appearing on the charts?

Apols if this is in fact one of those impossible to answer questions.
snow report
 brian
brian
Bungle, It's on all 3 major models at a reliable timeframe so it's pretty likely to form. The uncertainty (I would guess) is more to do with the way the atlantic block forms and thus the track the LP takes. A few hundred miles to the South and it'll miss the mountains altogether, a bit further North and bingo ! Pretty much anyone's guess at this stage exactly where it will end up. To give you an idea of the range of possibilities, here's all the members of the GFS ensemble for this time next week:

ski holidays
woooah psychadelic!
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, Yep, it should be in "Trips" Cool
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, very pretty isn't it - who needs lava lamps, just read weather maps! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian, Many thanks for that - I go to Les Arcs a week on Saturday so not as reliant on new snow as some places but more is still needed there. From those charts it looks pretty nailed on to get a lot colder but how much/any precipitation is still very much in doubt. As always I guess 7 days or so away but perhaps more so than usual right now - lets keep fingers crossed for things to come into line over the next 72 hours - will be a lot more confident if its still the same then.
snow conditions
Im going on the 28th of this month to Pas. Ive found this forecast http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Andorra/Pas_de_la_Casa_Grau_Roig_snow.html

Keep our fingers crossed it happens
ski holidays
This was on the Grandvalira site - it's not been put onto the english pages yet so I did an online translation from Spanish. It's not a brilliant translation but you can get the jist of what it's on about..............

Forecast of snow-covered The weather forecasts they are favorable for the next week since they indicate a download space of temperatures and the arrival of snow-covered. To be complied the forecasts, Grandvalira anticipate to open more mend and trails of the control enlarging thus the kilometers suitable for skiing that in these moments are found available.
snow conditions
Thnks for that glimer of hope testydonkey!!! i'm heading out to pas on the 28th aswell, and after looking at a webcam picture and comparing it with my holiday snaps from last years trip to pas i was getting very depresed, so fingers crossed it goes ahead. I read on one snow report there was a 5cm drop in pas on tue!
latest report
Kelz, i saw that also 5cm of new snow :S but only on one website. perhaps its some kind of conspiracy
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
boris360, I was in a similar position, the guy im going with has done one day at Milton Keynes and I was starting to think he'd seen the most snow he ever would there. But I have faith it will all be ok!

snap, as said on many of the other andorra threads im out there on the 21st, going with 2 others who have experianced 1 day at mk, and was thinking the same!
snow report
My very first time skiing was at Igls (by Innsbruck) and that had zero snow on the nursery slopes but we just stayed at the top and skied them same piste over and over. We thought it was awesome because we had so much more room than at the Tamworth snowdome!
I don't think you need much snow to enjoy your first trip.
I hope you have a decent coverage for your sake though.
It's looking more positive lately!
latest report
Im out in pas on the 28th, i was preparing for a serious drinking holiday but fingers crossed i actually get some decent skiing!! snowHead
snow report
Brads, Where are you staying? I'm there on the 27th.
snow report
Im out on the 28th staying at the Hotel Catalunya.
ski holidays
Now that we are getting a bit closer to next week are things still looking good for Andorra?
ski holidays
smudger, YEs!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy