Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

glove linings AAAAAAGGGGHHHH

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
any kind snowHead out there got the magic answer for getting inner glove linings that are attached to the glove, back in again after the washing machine has pull them out!!!.I am hoping the considerable wisdom and knowledge of snowheads can help me out here??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never done it but i can suggest 2 ways:
1. Put your hands in the liners, just them into the outers and get someone else to sew it up

2. Go to Snow & Rock/Decathlon/a ski shop and but a new pair.

Sorry i haven't got a more reasonable suggestion!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hedley, a lot of patience. It is doable, but I don't know of any quick fixes...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
a pencil usually does the job, push the blunt end slowly into each finger and thumb
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're not talking about Salomon gloves are we? I gave up on mine! rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowy, yes ,now i know they were in the sale Smile

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 15-01-07 18:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Be careful if using the blunt end of a pencil to re-insert the lining into the finger. This is extremely dangerous and could prove fatal. It's easy to end up causing yourself a very serious injury if your hand slips. You could end up either sitcking the pencil into the veins on the inside of your wrist, or worse, you could slip forwards and stick the sharp end of the pencil in your eye. Please make sure the pencil is blunt first, or use a biro with the lid on it,

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 15-01-07 18:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
petemillis wrote:
or worse, you could slip forwards and stick the sharp end of the pencil in your eye.
rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LOST AN EYE LAST YEAR DOING JUST THAT! FORTUATLY IT HAS GROWN BACK -------- oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh HISTERIA SETTING IN ,AM OFF IN TWO WEEKS TO SLIDE DOWN A FEW SLOPES (i HOPE) AND TALKING COMPLETE @*~ GARBAGE PLEASE EXCUSE ME.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did the same with mine when the lining came out after washing them. put the lining on first then the glove itself.

Before I washed them the lining never came out, after I washed them it would never stay in rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have an old pair of mountain glove which are always doing it. Pull the lining completely out, then using your little finger invert the last cm of each finger. Placing your fingers and thumb in the inverted bits gently work back into the glove in one movement. The fingers usually jam halfway into the shells so gripping the glove with the other hand to keep the lining halfway in place remove your hand (from the glove people Laughing ). Then work the lining in one finger at a time. Do not try this hanging from an icefall in very cold temps as you will come out with words you never even thought you knew when the hot aches set in Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know if it would affect the waterproofing, but before washing next time you could try running a needle and cotton through each finger near the end and knot together each end of the cotton - that might keep them in and you can snip it out after the wash. Come to think of it wouldn't take the lining finger back in? i.e. push a needle and cotton with a knot in it into each finger then up into the glove to pop out of the appropriate finger then pull - if then snipped off from the outside it shouldn't be too difficult to get the little knot to fall out of the inside if you wiggle your finger nail against it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum wrote:
...try running a needle and cotton through each finger near the end...

But then the gloves would leak! Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy