Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard School Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am staying in plan peisey from Feb 3rd for one week and am looking to convert to the darkside as i want to be a cool snowboarder (im really just a rubbish skiier). I was after some advice with what lessons to have and and school anyone can recomend and any idea about how much this will cost.

Hope you can help
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we went to la Plagne the other week we had a 1.5hr lesson to get us started and between three of us it cost €45, which was brilliant - I never thought a lesson would be a tenner each!

I think Les Arcs has ESF instructors (the same as La Plagne) and the guy we had (called Manou) was really good, although he had this mad french/Italian accent that cracked us up Very Happy . If you're going with a tour operator like Crystal or Neilson then I'm sure the rep will help you book when you have your breifing on the coach.

You do feel cool when you're snowboarding (that was my first time), although falling on your back bottom or bailing it into a load of powder kind of leaves you looking a bit daft at times!!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Specialman-can I please ask how you booked your snowboarding lessons in La Plagne? It seems like a really good price. Did you book before-hand or when you got there?

Thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
to stay cool always fall up the mountain rather than flying down the mountain wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beachlou,

I did it through the Crystal rep at the apartment. We just asked for a private lesson for the three of us and the rep made a call and said it was €45. I don't think that changes if you have more people, it just means less time with the instructor for each person. That said, he was pretty good and got us on the right track.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman, thanks for that. We're not going with a travel agent, but have been looking online and have found some good prices.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
La Plagne was literally crammed with instructors. I think you can sort lessons through the hire shops for roughly the same money

If you've never done it before then I'd definitely recommend having a lesson or two - I spent all morning on the first day falling on my back bottom but after a lesson at dinner time, I was whizzing down blue runs for the rest of the week... albeit it falling all over the shop but still whizzing!!! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy