Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys / La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have a friend's stag do booked to La Plagne Soleil on 10th March, 16 of us all Eurostarred up for the week. Decided I would treat myself and go out on my own a week early on 3rd March to somewhere in 3 Valleys. Eurostar have kindly transferred my non-transferable ticket!

Puzzled Going to be getting off the Eurostar in Moutiers / Brides-Les-Bains, staying in 3 Valleys area for a week, and then moving onto La Plagne Soleil.

How far is the station from Brides? Is the gondola up from Brides very crowded?

Can anyone recommend a good means of transfer from 3 Valleys (probably Brides-Les-Bains or Meribel) to La Plagne Soleil? How much will a taxi be? Which companies should I use?

Where is best for a singleton? Meribel / Meribel Village / Brides etc considering I won't be a party animal while on my own.

thanks all
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chizz5056, presumably you will be getting off the train at Moutiers, is there a train service to Brides les Bains?
There is a bus station right next to the railway station at Moutiers where you should be able to get a bus to Brides.
I think you will find it easier to get affordable accomadtion in Brides rather than Meribel, particularly if you are by yourself.
For your transfer you should be able to get a bus back to Moutiers and then a bus to La Plagne.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chizz5056, Only stayed in Brides Le Bain once for a long weekend. From what I recall is pretty quiet resort, is mainly a Health Spa than ski resort. Few bars and restaurants which may suit if you're on your own, but Meribel prob better. Gondola ride up to Meribel is long and slow.

Believe it is poss to ski back on marked routes, not a proper piste, in exceptional conditions - so unlikely this year.

Would recommend Motterat, again fairly quiet but several bars etc and skiing is easier to and from to explore 3V and snow better usually.

Another option is St MArtin de Belleville - again quiet but quick access up top.

Altobus are good for transfers from Moutiers or local taxi company would be reasonable
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chizz5056, I have stayed in Brides les Bains for a couple of nights, but I had my car and drove up to Meribel each day.

Another quite cheap option would be to look for a 2 bed studio in Mottaret. I booked one through the central reservation service last Easter and will probably do the same this year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs wrote:
Chizz5056, I have stayed in Brides les Bains for a couple of nights, but I had my car and drove up to Meribel each day.

Another quite cheap option would be to look for a 2 bed studio in Mottaret. I booked one through the central reservation service last Easter and will probably do the same this year.

Where do I find the central reservation service? Have they a website?

cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chizz5056 wrote:
Where do I find the central reservation service? Have they a website?

Here
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Chiz,

I have stayed in Bridies a couple of times and stayed at he Residence Cybele which is currently available for around £75 quid for the week (4 sharing) (last minute or expedia). A fair trek to the Gondola but has a freezing cold pool and is close to the Tabac. 5-6 minute walk to the Gondola station which has boot lockers and then a 20-25 min ride up to Meribel which take you out at the Ice Rink/Chaudanne. Its good for on a budget as bakery and spar and spar are adequate for basic s/c etc. Gondola is not too much of an issue if you are up first thing and happy to ride back down around 5. Taxi/Bus back down can be quite expensive but I am sure that you can piggy back on one of the t/o mini vans for excursions. I think First Choice still do B Le Bain.

I have been three times when I used to ski on a budget and I have never been able to ski down!

One thing I would say is that the food choice and bars is limited in Brides.

Alan
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
here is a timetable for the coach from Moutier to Mottaret http://www.pleva.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/moutiermottaretbustimetable.pdf
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy