Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Wisdom goggles NOSE PROBLEM

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everybody !

Last year I bourght myself a pair of Oakley Wisdom goggles - and first of all I would like to say that it's a damn good pair of goggles!!!

However, the foam is pinching my nose a bit - have any of you tried the same? -And have you solved the problem?

I'm thinking about cutting off a little slice of the middle-layer-foam?

Hope you can help me!

Simon Wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Snowy had that problem with his Oakley Wisdom goggles too. He took them back and got some A-frames instead. Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hehe.. No way Wink I love my Wisdoms !

But I reeeeally want to solve the problem Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crapfish, get cutting.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
Crapfish, get cutting.

Nose or goggles? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cosmetic surgery to the nose? Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can certainly feel mine on my nose but I wouldn't say they are any worse than other goggles I've tried.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds wrote:
Cosmetic surgery to the nose? Laughing
Haha, of cause !! Very Happy that should solve my problem..!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FenlandSkier > Do you also have the Wisdoms ? Do you think it will be damageing the goggles to cut a little slice out in the middle-layer-foam around the nose ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mine are Wisdoms as well but I tried several different ones out in the shop first. Try some others models/brands and if they fit better stick the Oakleys on Ebay, if you start modifying them first they'll be harder to shift on Ebay later.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Mine are Wisdoms as well but I tried several different ones out in the shop first. Try some others models/brands and if they fit better stick the Oakleys on Ebay, if you start modifying them first they'll be harder to shift on Ebay later.
Yea, you're right about that one!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just searching through old posts and thought i'd re-ignite this as i'm having the same problem...

...well the goggles are different but same problem.

I have some old-ish Cebe goggles which seem to very slightly restrict my breathing. I can move them up which helps but then restricts my vision. Not good. Shocked

So just thought i'd ask peoples' advice on current goggles and if anyone has experienced this problem? Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crapfish, no useful tips but loving the username... Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh. Just spotted that this is an oldie. Doh!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
queen bodecia wrote:
Oh. Just spotted that this is an oldie. Doh!

Yeah I just searched for 'nose' and this is one of the few that turned up (that was along the same lines as my issue!), along with others about 'nose hairs' and 'nose trimming' etc rolling eyes
ski holidays
Anyone? Puzzled
ski holidays
It seems to be a quite common problem. Take a look at the Oakley Splice goggles. They're designed to avoid putting pressure on the nose. Similar in size to the crowbars but with an easier lens change system (or so I'm told).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy