Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

andorra the shocking truth

Poster: A snowHead
hi there just got back from arinsal andorra and check out the conditions

and this is apicture of last jan in arinsal

a bit of diffrence i think!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OMG!!!!!!!!! Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for depressing me totally - although I have now resigned myself to a week of grass sledging instead of skiing. This is the first time I've skiied in Andorra, normally I go to Borovets in Bulgaria and have never had a problem with snow there - even this year there is a reasonable amount of snow...

Back to Bulgaria for 2008 me thinks...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jg5118, it's just luck of the draw - next year it could be Borovets that's cr@p!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Horrible !! Was in Soldeu a couple of years ago and the snow and weather were fantastic - feel for you, and maybe me also as I'm due out to Morzine next week !! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perhaps I should email the photos to my tour operator who still maintains that all is ok!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh calm down people. There will be snow next weekend and even so Arinsal is a good place for beginners - who only need a few runs.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
There will be snow next weekend

hehe. Can I have the lotto numbers for Wednesday while you're at it?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
you are right! good for beginners, i feel for the poor sods who had bought a grand valira lift pass last week coz they aint cheap, i saw a rep sell 15 full area lift passes on the coach, i know grand valira very well and no way would i fork out for one with conditions like that, arinsal has the most pack in andorra apart from arcalis, just to top it off there are alot of ill people who just came back from andorra i was bed ridden for 16 hours with what felt like someone constantly punching me in the kidneys and my eyes feeling like they were going to pop out of my head, this started last thursday morning and now its monday and i have a chest infection my eyes still hurt and i have a horrible cough, what a start to the new year! well at least i didnt miss any good snowboarding, as there was none to be had.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jg5118, I could say exactly the same about andorra - no problems in the last five years !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boneheadz, I suspect if you went back to the lift pass office, they may refund some of the amount you paid due to the limited skiing, its worth a try. Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Im sorry but if theyre stupid enough to buy the pass without checking conditions then tough! Arinsal always has problems with people being ill etc- It must have been going on for atleast 5years.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry - how smug am I feeling - we booked andorra last summer and beginning of december refused to pay our final balance after looking at the situation and forecasts. And people were saying that anyone cancelling that early were daft. We should be going in 2 weeks, and ok maybe it will be ok by then but I would rather not take the chance, If I had paid that final balance I would be in tears by now looking at those photos! Lesson learned, i am never booking early again, last minute Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, I'm with you, people are panicking way too early. sure, the season is looking pretty dreadful, but no need to panick just yet, we aren't even half way through the season yet. Some periods of consistent snowfall in the next few weeks and everything will be OK.

I'll get pessimistic if at the end of January things are no better or worse, but right now its too early to make that call.
ski holidays
kladski, Im smug that you lost money.
snow conditions
it's hard to tell from your pics how many runs/lifts were open, what % would you say was open??
ski holidays
haha, we only lost just under £100 on what was decent accomodation, I can pay what we were due to pay and actually know we are going to have a good holiday! Maybe the accomodation wont be as nice but hey, who cares about the accomodation??
snow report
kladski, Well next time you go to book accomodation and all the prices have gone up because people cancelled this year, you'll know why
snow conditions
there were 3 runs in arinsal all blues and 3 in pal ,two reds and a blue in pal arinsal side, if you want to get a bus to the otherside of pal be my guest but nothing to shout about i know how good it can be up there and it was pants. as i will say again it will !!! be good! for beginers! for the more adventurous its a no go.
latest report
After several years of excellent snow, Andorra is now having its worst snow in a decade, perhaps decades.

It is not just Andorra that is suffering. Right across many parts of the Alps and Eastern North America, snow conditions are way below-average.
ski holidays
nadenoodlee

never been ill for the last 5 years from being over there! i suppose there is always a first for everything!
ski holidays
? so you think I should pay good money for the only week away i am going to get and risk having a poor holiday?? I cant see the logic in that. I dont think my actions are really going to affect next years prices that much. It wouldnt just be the week away that was poor it would be the whole of january staring at the pictures and reports thinking oh my god what have I done? whereas now I look and think I made the right choice. So sorry to offend you all by not sticking pigheadedly to the original booking.
latest report
boneheadz, neither have I, however I have had people throwing up out of the gondola, whilst skiing, being generally ill everywhere in the hotel all around me. That was in 2001 and 2005
snow report
kladski, I don't blame you for changing, just don't think you should be quite so happy about it. Its a shame that anyone should have to change their booking and I feel sorry for all the people in ski resorts who rely on the snow to make a living.
snow conditions
well cheers guys n girls i am now thoroughly depressed as i am flying out on sunday to pas de la casa ! grr just going to end up drinking far too much by the sounds of things!
ski holidays
The following was on a local travel agents window this Sat.....Andorra H/B £99 inc all supplements Shocked No intention of going....but I had to ask? A bargain,she said,fantastic conditions rolling eyes Several different weeks were free....I wonder why wink
I asked if anyone had looked at any of the web cams,or read any of the snow reports?
I'm sorry for anyone who's suffered from the current conditions.Having been to Andorra a few years ago(when it was fantastic)it is a great place...but not at the moment Sad
ski holidays
b3lty, Calm down. As I have said before- It will all change. As I've yet to see a meterologist grace the forum ( short of Carled who seems to know his onions) I think we can take all the hysteria with a pinch of salt.

kladski, I find you amusing. Im just relieved there's no chance of bumping into you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
meterology is for fakers!!!!!!!! Skullie
latest report
boneheadz, Another gem of wisdom??? Startling revelation! rolling eyes
snow report
Well, always glad to be of service! I still cant see whats wrong with saying I dont want to go ona skiing holiday somewhere where there is no snow, but hey! and yes I agree it is bad on those people who make a living from it.
snow report
this will cheer you all up if it works

taken of ny brother two years ago in grau rouge andorra, his first time up in the mountains

Click here to watch funny-pas
ski holidays
kladski, i think its your smugness that is a problem.

the mountians are beautiful and if there isn't enough snow just do something else.

what would you do on a summer holiday if it raind.

How smug will we all feel if it does dump and conditions are great the week you were supposed to go away????

some places do have decent snow, i feel sorry for people that aren't prepared to give it a go and are just going on what they here on the press etc.
latest report
hahahahaha lol i have one of my first time skiing in serre chevalier when i got off the list the push u got sent me hurtling down a red n straight off the side, the old man thought it would be funny to not tell me how to stop or even slow down lol
snow report
yes ok smug was a bad choice of words. I was more trying to say that I wouldnt book in advance again. there is nothing to say I could go that week and actually not be able to do much because it is snowing too much (ok so you will laugh at that now), I would accept that as one of those things, the luck of the draw, the same as it raining on a summer holiday. But if you were booking now would you choose andorra? And again, this is my one weeks holiday in the year, I dont mean one week on snow I mean one week full stop. For everyone elses sake I hope it picks up and I am wrong, but I will get my choice back, and at this moment if I was choosing a holiday in two weeks time, I would not choose andorra.
ski holidays
1 holiday a year?!!?! Christ even young offenders get more trips abroad than that!
ski holidays
Well I hopped rocks for a week at Christmas in Courchevel/Three Valleys and now it looks like I will be hopping clumps of grass from this Sunday in Soldeu unless the temperature drops. Totally gutted, as these are the only two weeks of the year I can have a decent holiday, and I have blown a fortune in total (Especially Christmas in 1850).

I am a bicycle designer, and I feel at the moment it might be wiser for me to ditch the skis and take a couple of prototypes with me to test out there!

Its my other half I feel more sorry for (although I paid!) as she hasnt experienced a ski holiday with decent snow yet, like I have Crying or Very sad At least with the ski school lessons, she has become an expert at skiing on packed snow, artificial snow, and granite!

Also why we are heading to Canada next year, especially as its where we are tying the knot! Enough stress without watching the snow forecast every five minutes wink

ScottyDog
latest report
scottydog, ummm I believe Whistler had some "snow coverage" issues at the start of last season - so no where is guaranteed.
latest report
Looking at the pictures above I am sure a few people would be happy today to settle for Whistlers "snow coverage" problems of last year
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy