Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pub map of val d'isere required

Poster: A snowHead
we have a list of pubs to visit but cannot find them. Does anyone have a bespoke pub map of val d?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 31-01-07 14:27; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kezzy1966 wrote:
Does anyone have a bespke pub map og val?

Are you sure you haven't found any of them? wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awh bless- try just asking someone! Your rep or anyone in the street?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LaDaille Nothing Val Centre Pacific Morris
--------------O-----------------------------------O---------------------O--------------------------------
Dicks CafeFace
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
reformatted!

LaDaille------------------Nothing---------------------Val Centre-------------Pacific-----------Morris
--------------O-----------------------------------O---------------------O--------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------Dicks-----CafeFace
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
daehwons, you left out Le Petit Danois!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we have found:
saloon bar
dicks t bar
bannanas
Le graul (french night club,originally called club 21)
pacific bar

still looking for:
morris pub
le petit danois
ramski
cafe face

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 16-01-07 2:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kezzy1966, try here
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I should add that as a hardened sauze ex rep (now in my forties) i am not a case of "awh bless" more of a case of i require black and white info of where and when to go. i.e. go to x bar 7-9 for happy hour but make sure the barmaid knows you want 2 for 1 as she will normally rip you off for standard price...and i recommend the xx cocktail as it has x amount of vodka, or i like the glasses they serve it in or they do put too much ice in... etc. or 10-12 for good live music ... it is french or english clientel and the toilets are rubbish/ excellent, and the age group of this bar during the hours of x to x are 20-30 and x to x are 30 to 40. Have I made my point?.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 18-01-07 23:44; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
well, here goes. 3am here. mucho vinos gande...

top tip. Monday night appears to be bar crawl (which I avoided) However every night saloon bar 2000-2200, 2 for 1 on cocktails. long island ice tea, basically 1/3 pint of tiquial and vodka & coke. sounds rough but very nice. Music a bit less chelsea and more Moss side (...eeem nice) All young sponsored rats have gone home.(...eeeeemh better) seems to be a load of gurkas in town! (....eeeemh allegedly hard buggars if in a corner.. nice)

can some tell me how to post pics her. have reduced pics to 50k. shows real snow views of village.

top tip 2
Moris bar, notice one 'r'. totally excellant. live band, and great fun in whole bar. totally recommended. highlight of hols so far.

Bet made with 'steady phil' that he will lead us to do 75km tomorrow(on ski and lifts as measured by GPS). if yes then we (cjb & myself) pay for pizza and beers, if not he pays.

still nicking my neighbours unencrypted wifi connection.(....eeeemh cheap)

can some tell me how to post pics her. have reduced pics to 50k. show real snow views of village.

so long suckers.

up the revolution,

Kieran.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 16-01-07 16:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kezzy1966, sounds like you're having a good time! At the apres-skiing anyway Toofy Grin Guide to putting photos on sH here
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kezzy1966, having fun? How's the head this morning? Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we were a little fragile but manged to get skiing by 10am. Excellant day according to our gps we managed 51km. skiied a good lump of Tignes. We finished around 3.45 pm with flat light stopping us really zooming.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 16-01-07 16:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The long ice teas went down very well but we realised that we drank 3 each! Great fun at the time.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kezzy1966, check out www.valdinet.com then follow the links to bars/restaurants. This info may help you on your quest wink
latest report
Found just about all of them now.

The highly recommended pubs are :
2000-2200 Victors bar (above Spar) serve excellant cocktails during these happy two hours o 2-4-1. Euro 13. They are strong and yet very well made. Tends to attract the chelsea set - tea cosies & flat caps, jeans hanging around the bottom of their back bottoms and pants showing.

After that it has to be Moris Bar. Very good bands and a good atmosphere. Be careful in Moris bar they charged me euro7 for a beer last night! I since found a away of getting beers here and most other places for euro 4 but I think you should PM rather than openly tell you here.

Lodge bar (just down from Dicks Tea bar) Good atmosphere for this tiny bar. Seems OK.

================
The so so bars are:

Le petit danois is OK but the happy hour (4-6) and their FAXE lager at Euro 4 is a bit gassy & average. The residant band (2 for U) swedish girl & boy are very good, although nothing like their promotion poster pics. It is a bit laugh trying to workout when the pics were taken. Good looking barmaids.

Saloon. Very low ceiling, no ventilation. Bit hit and miss really. Seem to aiming at a younger crowd. But seemed pretty empty towards later in the week.

banannas: a bit of hole realy. Although the lunch time is mush more civilised. Again no ventilation down stairs and speakers/ amps that have passed their best. Lager is very average and gave me and my mate a bad throat after just one pint.

Cafe face: low ceilings, crap ventilation, trendy crowd. personally I would avoid.

Thats all for now. Back to searching for my umbrella.
K
snow conditions
kezzy1966, when you were in LPD, did you try Red Eric? (do they still serve it?)
latest report
aha Wear The Fox Hat red eric is an evil beverage

they used to serve it at my mate's local (Sun Inn, Llangollen) and I therefore have trouble remembering any night out there!
ski holidays
Roger C,

http://www.royalunibrew.com/Default.aspx?ID=467&PageNum=5
ski holidays
yes they still serve red eric but i do not now much a pint. Being a conscientious reporter I will find out tomorrow. Do you require the tourist or sessionaire price?. Please note that the girl singer is a bit a big bird and does nothing for my digestion so I may have to restrict to single pint and not a comprehensive survey.
snow report
kezzy1966 wrote:
Do you require the tourist or sessionaire price?

I hope you mean, by sessionaire price, that the more you drink, the cheaper it gets!
ski holidays
B00thy, staff prices in resort are normally a bit cheaper.

kezzy1966, tourist price, for a laugh! (oh, and I always found sitting at the bar the best place to be in LPD - great views of the scandinavian peaks...)
ski holidays
B00thy, No discount to tourists on volume unfortunately. Tourist prices in most pubs in the village are generally 6-7euros, sessionaire 4 euro. and I thought the London prices were a rip off!

Wear The Fox Hat, "views of the scandinavian peaks" ... not arf!
ski holidays
Sat 20 jan 1130 CET. As promised prices for Red eric. euro 6.50 for 50cl. no discount for seasionnaires as imported. But agree it is good stuff. much better that the faxe lager.

Please also not that LPD have a 2-4-1 9pm to 10pm so 4 erics for euro 13 that @euro 3.25 about £2.13 ...result! (also not that eric is not discounted in their apres ski happy hour of 4-6pm.

How comes I find out about this on the last night???? ... bummer .
latest report
Therefore, as 40 year old skiier who like apres ski I would recommend:

1600-1800: happy hour at Petit danois. Fax beer at 4 euros (faxe beer is a bit dodgey (gassy and little flavour) but atmosphere is great). Good resident band '2 for U'.

1830-2000: pizza in flash pizza & share a bottle of cote de rhone (approx for 44euro for 3 people). place only seats around 10 people. recommend as light a topping as possible to compliment super light bases. Perhaps just garlic butter and herbs?

2000-2130: Victors for happy hour (actually HH is 2000-2200 but suggest leave early for LPD) especially recommend tokyo ice teas (13 euro for 2). Clientel appear to be a bit stuck up their own behind but the cocktails are well made. Also the food (mixed asian) looks good although perhaps presented in a bit of a poncey fashion.

2130-2200: Petit danois (actual happy hour 2100-2200) load up with several red erics. Note the flavoured vodka 2.50 euro all night anyway. Great sounds (DJ) playing mixed tracks of all eras. Good atmosphere. higher ceilings & more venitilation than most competition (salloon, cafe face, etc)

Probably stay on at petit drinking stored up red erics until midnight

0000-0130 Moris bar for generally very good live bands but don't buy any drinks - absolute rip off at 7 euros. Sod em!

Back to blighty tomorrow.

Hopefully this has been helpful. PM if it has/has not or any details changed.

Seeya, K.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 22-01-07 16:00; edited 3 times in total
snow report
Think there was a joke, receipt mismatch re "sessionaire" as opposed to "seasonaire". Hey Ho

kezzy1966, triffic info re apres ski schedule. I arrive Sunday 28th and will follow your instructions.

Thanks
latest report
ski holidays
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello? You're a bit quiet, I can't hear you! Confused
ski holidays
who me? still here just nothing to say.
latest report
Just got back from Val. One more bar to add.

Cafe Face sells large beers early doors for 2 (yes TWO) Euros !! (hic!)
snow conditions
BOOthy
1. early doors is the time of the day or the name of the beer?
2. what is the quality of beer?
3. were my other recommendations valid?
snow report
kezzy1966,

1) between 4 and 5 it was 2 Euros (does anyone know the escape sequnce for kezzy1966, the Euro sign?). Then it went up to 2.20 till 6.

I don't know 'bout that afterwards cos moved off.

2) OK, nothing special but hey, refer back to the 2euros comment

3) Petit Danois and Moris both good. I certainly had Guiness in Moris for 7 euros but I thought "beer" beer was more reasonable, Bands good though

Band also in Saloon but not much seating (I need to sit at 4-4:30!)
ski holidays
Has anyone here come back from Val d'isere yet in 2008? Anything to change on this apres ski guide?
latest report
B00thy wrote:
...(does anyone know the escape sequnce for kezzy1966, the Euro sign?)...
Bit late, but it's Alt+0128 (on the numeric keypad) or 'Alt Gr'+4 on most modern keyboards
snow report
€ € - there I can do it! Thanks NickB.
snow conditions
And so can I!!

Thanks
ski holidays
hey lets just €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ !!!!!! God I feel dizzy.
ski holidays
kezzy1966, from the look of all those € in your post you might just have enough to buy 2 beers (3 if happy hour) wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy