Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aussies wanting to work OS in 07-08. Steamboat VS Snowbird?!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm an Aussie who works as a full-time seasonal Reservationist/Receptionist for Perisher Blue (Aussie Ski Resort) and I'm looking at working a season OS in 07-08. My husband will also be coming along for the ride, and he too works for Perisher, he is a full-time auto mechanic and works on heavy vehicles also: snow groomers etc. We would like some honest and helpful opinions from "those in the know" regarding Snowbird and Steamboat. We are happy with a relaxed kickback environment and atmosphere - raging nightlife is not a huge priority! I'm a 3rd boarder and I would be at level 4-5 in Aussie grade (comfortable riding Aussie black runs), and I'm not into park riding. My husband is a 5th yr boarder & would be past level 5, and enjoys the odd park. We would appreciate any advice regarding accommodation, cost of living, difference in snow conditions and trail runs, and comments and opinions regarding general atmosphere (local attitude etc).
Thanks heaps! wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i'd pose your question at epicski.

i have spent time at both resorts and never worked as an instructor at either. steamboat is a small town. slc is a large city. i imagine cost of living will be slightly lower in slc due to availability of housing. merely a guess. i know homes are quite cheap there. probably historical snowfall averages over a decade higher at the bird.more steep terrain at snowbird.

i'd flip a coin.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks heaps for the feedback Rusty.. much appreciated!

I've just registered at epicski.com, thanks for the tip Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear the Fox Hat owns somewhere in Utah. He may be able to help,. He is active on ePic as well
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't offer any advice on Steamboat or Snowbird, but I know there are a LOT of Aussie's working over in Big White Canada. The entire resort is Aussie owned and they seem to particularly welcome seasonal Aussie workers. Just depends if you want to get away from your fellow Aussie's or not!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy