Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!! Where to buy boots??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help experienced skiiers.
I've benn skiing twice and now have the bug. Unfortunately due to the fact that I'm always skint I can only go once a year. My OH and I have rented equipment until now, and have been fortunate with equipment rented, but have a fairly good idea that skiing will continue to be our winter holiday so would like to start buying or own equipment. Obviously boots are probably the first piece of large equipment to buy, or are they?? I live in the West of Ireland where the closest thing we have to skiing is sliding down a sleet covered hill in or on a potato sack trying to avoid the sheep so ski shops here are as common as sheep in suspenders!! It'd be great if I could get advice as to where to purchase boots. Should I wait til I go to Soll on 3rd March or do any Paddy's out there have any advice on where to go in Ireland?? Does anybody have any advice on where to go in Soll? Sorry about all the questions but if anyone could help I'd be very grateful.
Cheers Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smurfy, ....... welcome to snowHeads.... Toofy Grin

...... you may need to revise your views on 'sheep in suspenders' - - the Whest ..... has many surprises ......baaah Toofy Grin

I visited the Smallzookeeper, in Chamonix - he IS Top-Dog ......

+ you qualify for a snowHeads snowHead discount...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smurfy, yes, you are right. Boots are the thing to go for. A good fitting pair of boots will improve your skiing and your comfort. I can't comment specifically on soll, but my experience has been that if you buy in resort at the start of the week, you have time to keep going back if they need adjusting.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smurfy

We bought our last pair of boots in from the ski hire shop in Scheffau (next resort to Soll) They were about a third cheaper than the equivalant boots in snow and rock in the UK.
We told the hire shop we wanted to buy boots. We tried a few different pairs on in the shop on the first day until we found the most comfortable. Then were told we could try them out skiing for a couple of days and if we had problems we could bring them back to change them. At the end of the week we were given the option to either buy them or just pay a weeks hire and hand them back if we didn't want them - We ended up buying them as they were comfortable and cheaper than back home - It was really good. I don't know any of the hire shops in Soll but I'm sure if you ask they would offer a similar service
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for all your advice. I reckon we'll probably wait til we get to Soll and see how we get on there. Any advice on what price range is like? It might mean staying in a few Saturday nights between now and then if its worth buying the higher end of things.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yes can confirm i bought tecnica in ellis ripoff b4 i went ellmau had same boot third cheaper in the intersport shop, they were not to keen on credit cards tho was a few years ago tho so mite be better now
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy