Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski storage courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Hi my first post! Can I store my ski's in 1850 (Courchevel)----- save lugging them down to 1550 and the back to chalet? Im not lazy or weak , I have a dicky shoulder (honest) Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
moon, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I've not spent too much time in 1850, so can't help on storage...although there are plenty of ski racks outside the main lifts....so if you have old skis and a padlock!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moon, welcome to snowHeads. I can't recall seeing any ski storage facilities in 1850. How far is your chalet from the gondola or the chairlift in 1550? Once you've got to either of these you don't have to do much more ski carrying before you're on the main lifts out of 1850.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Elizabeth -------They are new ski's, so a little paranoid !! I wondered if a hire shop would let me (for a small charge?) leave them each night?
Hey Ho we will see .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks R Dont know ! It says "short walk from lift to the chalet" not sure what short may mean. Staying at the the Chanrossa 1550 27th Jan.There is no storage at the Croissett, so im told rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
moon, I wouldn't worry too much, the bubble lift down to 1550 is really easy when it comes to carrying skis and 1550 isn't that big, so I wouldn't think it would be too far to walk
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
KOSCIOSCO Thanks for the advice, I will manage Im sure,either that or find a Mr. Muscles to help!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's storage at 1650 - if that helps ! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello moon. We'll be in 1850 from 27th Jan to 10th Feb. As far as I can remember, 1550 isn't really that big, so nowhere should be much of a walk from the lift. There are four ways of getting down to 1550 from La Croisette - there is the Tovets blue run, which is wide and really pretty easy, although it may be icy at the end of theday. Then there is the Dou du Midi red run - but that is currently closed, and it tends to get both bumpy and icy. Then there is the bubble, and finally there is the toboggan run, although clearly the latter is impractical for carrying skis Smile

In the morning it is probably easier to get the 6-person chair up from 1550, then ski down to the Plantrey chair and up to Loze blue. From there you can get connections to the rest of 1850 and beyond without queues at La Croisette for the main bubbles.

If you can ski down, ISTR there is a bit of an option as to where you leave the piste and get onto the road to walk.

If you are around and want to meet other Snowheads, let us know!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moon, As CarlT says there is locker storage (and toilets) in 1650 below the Ariondaz gondola, in the area where the ESF school reception is and the lift pass ticket office. You have to pay for the locker at a lift pass office booth and also pay a deposit for the key. Apologies but I cannot remember the price, although its definitely worth it, its not dead cheap (maybe £30 for the week). The locker will hold 4 sets of skis and boots at a push but three reasonably comfortably. It depends on type of skis and boots. Last year I noticed the lockers had all been changed for newer ones. From the locker area you can take the escalator down to the main road where the free bus shuttles between 1850, 1650, 1550 and 1300 pretty frequently. I realise its not 1850 but its an option worth considering.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pokemon wrote:
moon, As CarlT says there is locker storage (and toilets) in 1650 below the Ariondaz gondola, in the area where the ESF school reception is and the lift pass ticket office. You have to pay for the locker at a lift pass office booth and also pay a deposit for the key. Apologies but I cannot remember the price, although its definitely worth it, its not dead cheap (maybe £30 for the week). The locker will hold 4 sets of skis and boots at a push but three reasonably comfortably. It depends on type of skis and boots. Last year I noticed the lockers had all been changed for newer ones. From the locker area you can take the escalator down to the main road where the free bus shuttles between 1850, 1650, 1550 and 1300 pretty frequently. I realise its not 1850 but its an option worth considering.

We used them at Christmas (we were staying in 1650 though). The cost was about £40 for the week, but they have heated boot holders and the whole area has recently been refurbed !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have I missed something? Confused

moon, requested lockers in CV1850. He's staying in CV1550?

IMHO there's no point in recommending lockers in CV1650, that would be totally impractical. Moon will do a lot less walking and messing about, going straight up to CV1850, surely? Puzzled

What has been suggested would mean, walk to bus stop in 1550, get bus, walk to lockers, get skis, walk back to bus stop, get bus to 1850, walk to main meeting place. or to...

Walk to lift in 1550, get lift directly to 1850.
Walk to bus stop, get bus directly to 1850.

To make life interesting he could... get the bus to Meribel, then the lift, then ski down to CV1850, but no.. that would be daft wouldnt it?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BMF_Skier, I don't think you've missed much - other than no-one knows of any lockers in C1850, whereas it is possible to ski in/out of 1650, leave the skis and then bus home. You are assuming that (s)he needs to be at the meeting point at 1850....rather than off skiing. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, The original question was:-
Quote:
Can I store my ski's in 1850 (Courchevel)----- save lugging them down to 1550 and the back to chalet

Seems to me straight forward.

Moon, is that's what required? or will 1650 do?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BMF_Skier, ah...but if all we did was answer the question asked, snowHeads would only have 1/2dozen posts wink
snow conditions
moon, I was in 1550 last year. http://www.courchevel.com/index2.php?lang=en&page=acces-plans If you go to that page, and select the Interactive Maps link on the right hand side it will show where the hotel is. From there, it looks like you can either walk round the corner (uphill a bit) and round to the gondola, or there is a set of steps that goes up to almost opposite the gondola. Either way, its about a 2 minute walk if that!
latest report
Elizabeth B, Not answering the question asked? An interesting concept. wink

Need more beer, this thread is starting to make sense!
snow report
BMF_Skier wrote:
Quote:
Can I store my ski's in 1850 (Courchevel)----- save lugging them down to 1550 and the back to chalet

I can't remember but one of the ski hire shops in Courchevel might allow you to store skis if ou hire from 1850. Can't remmber the name of the ski shop its very near the main departure out of 1850
ski holidays
oOOOhhH iM NEW TO ALL THIS "snowhead"STUFF, SO SORRY I HAVENT NOTICED ALL YOUR REPLYS. tHEY ARE ALL INTERESTING AND MOSTLY HELPFUL
I AM A BEGINNER(PRETTY MUCH) SO SKING DOWN TO 1550 ON AN ICEY BLUE IS NOT VERY ENTICING ----- BUT-------- I DO NEED TO BE UP AT 1850 AT 9.15 FOR MY LESSONS WITH NEW GEN. I WILL ,I THINK CARRY SKIS DOWN IN BUBBLE (HAVE A TORN RADIAL MUSCLE IN MY SHOULDER) WILL HAVE TO BE EXTRA CAREFUL . THANKS EVERYONE ---- WILL IN FUTURE CHECK REPLIES SOONER --PROMISE Little Angel
ski holidays
dan100 wrote:
BMF_Skier wrote:
Quote:

I can't remember but one of the ski hire shops in Courchevel might allow you to store skis if ou hire from 1850. Can't remmber the name of the ski shop its very near the main departure out of 1850
ski holidays
JEAN BLANC SKI HIRE snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy