Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon SPK freestyle boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all, my dad has tried some of the above on & they fit perfectly. I wondered if any of you have any experience of them & could think of any reasons why a non freestyle skier shouldn't buy them Puzzled (S&R quite huffy with him about it)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
soft as shit.

krap for any sort of performance orientated skiing.

they should be able to find another boot with a similar last.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
veeeight, Sad Thanks for the reply though. He is a fast (but only piste) skier - is basi qualified & still teaches. He is pretty tricky to find boots for (we had a burial for the last pair rolling eyes) & is finding this years stuff uncomfortable. He liked these, because he wants an easy life, they are comfy - and he is slowing down. Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shame on Slush & Rubble.

Compared to some of the boots currently available, the SPK is a little more upright. This is to make the initiation of tricks a little easier and make landings easier, as is the softer flex. The foot board (under the inner boot) is made of a rubbery material to absorb sudden impacts. The ankle area is a little wider than some of the other Salomon models.

Unless your dad flies around the mountain at high speed on the steepest runs all day, then they are not that bad. With one or two changes I could see them out selling some of the more traditional boots.

But, as with all boots, the shape has to fit his foot. If no independent stocks the SPK in you area, try S&R on a weekday. You more likely to get a full timer who'll let him try the boot on as well as suggesting other appropriate ones.

Jon
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
narrowlast, He lives near Chertsey and has tried them on during the week. He is 73 & the fitter was quite young, so perhaps he thought he ought to be flogging him something for piste skiing. He does ski fast - he used to coach the army downhill team, but is obviously slower now. Thanks for the advice - I too was disappointed with S&R - they are usually v. helpful.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
perfect for skiboards
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
graeme, skiboards?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah, also called snowblades
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rpft, I have spoken to some awsome skiers whom ride them and think they're the best thing ever, time will tell. I seems the pro-freestylers are split between this kind of Hybrid Boot and Plug shells. Never the twain shall meet!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, What do you think about a piste skier using them? do you hire them out?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rpft, Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, which bit are you laughing at? piste skier or hiring? where is your pc, how come you can reply at 11.00 a.m. on monday - didn't they all arrive yesterday - isn't 11.00 a.m. about the time you might stagger, hungover into a ski shop? Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rpft, I'm in bits this morning, we work by an appointment system, so all this mornings slots are taken! wink Laughing at the piste performance of the SPK! Where is my pc? At work! Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I apologise for posting such a weird query, but my dad has skied for 50 odd years & is notoriously difficult to boot up, so when he sees a pair, which he knows will fit, and are indeed really comfy, it is hard for him to look at anything else - I was slightly concerned because they look so different, hence the thread Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy