Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowhead stickers

Poster: A snowHead
...or one heard of in America (where else?)

"Guns don't kill people, but they sure make it easier!"
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Back to the stickers. I can produce them on vinyl, but the quantity needs to be reasonably high to make them affordable.

Here is a quick mock up of an idea: snowHeads sticker
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Woh! That sticker is HUGE Rachel!

It looks good tho.... Smile
I like the logo at the top. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks really good! (Not so sure about the font/colours for the site address, and "Love snow..." etc...)

How many will be needed to make it affordable?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RachelQ, try changing the background circle to a light cyan colour
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RachelQ, great design but orange text on yellow background won't be so good from afar. Otherwise, I reckon it's perfect.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, here's another go. snowHeads stickers

Thanks for all your comments everyone. That was just a quick idea - I wasn't sure whether the snowHeads logo designer would mind me arcing it. If this was to go ahead, I'd have to recreate the logo completely.

The background can be any colour - even a selection, and the font can too (I just used the font from this website. All that detail can be decided on later.

If there's interest I can work out a price, I guess minimum would be 1000.

Snowy, I think your Acrobat may be set up to fill your screen? The stickers weren't that big!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent ! Very Happy snowHead

I'll let someone else work out the logistics and then tell us the price... snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rachel, how about curving the text something along these lines?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
love it!!!! come on guys - we can do this before the snow starts fallin...
snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, Can you lift one side of the snowpack up a bit ? I hesitate to ask for a crevasse in the middle, but perhaps a little more cerebral and less prone to frown? Perhaps a little Wink ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Best price I've found for 55mm circular, two colour + substrate colour, screened onto sa vinyl is . . . 13p+vat ea. for 2000

If you want full tone printing it'll have to be digital and I can't get that below 18p ea. and I've yet to see the quality.

Anyone else find a better prix?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Excellent!! And I like the choice of colours RachelQ, they stand out well snowHead I think these may be coming before my hat Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
50mmx50mm full colour 2000qty = 11p each 1000qty 15p each
75mmx75mm full colour 2000qty = 20p each 1000qty 23p each
50mmx300mm full col 1000qty = 52p each 500 qty 60p each
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RachelQ, Excellent, I think I prefer your bold text rather than PG's curved. D G Orf, I recon 75mm would be the best size to go for - small enough to use personally, big enough to be seen on a pylon!
snow conditions
you artistic types - great job. snowHead
Martin Nicholas, to be awkward I prefer PGs text, but with the black background of Rachel's.
I think I'd probably do a bit of a chop on mine though (removing the live snow, love etc, and a bit at the top )as otherwise it would be a bit big for a helmet sticker.

How do we move this forward, do we need to get numbers/donations together so we can cover costs? I guess we also need to get U's permission for using the artwork/name etc...
snow report
Design by committee! You can please some of the people ...

I'm getting a price to produce these at our place at 70mm diameter. I'll post it as soon as I have it.

stuarth, are you saying that's too big?

In an earlier post in this thread Admin gave the link to the logos, so I guess that is permission to use the logo.
latest report
To mean anything to people who aren't snowHeads should we not have a concise explaination at the bottom instead of live snow, love etc

i.e online community
or cyber-snowsports community
or love snow then join online

just a thought
latest report
What's the base font in the Snowheads logo?
snow conditions
RachelQ wrote:

stuarth, are you saying that's too big?

Yep, I reckon it probably is. I would prefer something a bit more subtle. 70 mm circular would be OK as a bumper sticker (though I guess modern cars don't have a bumber as such to stick it on!!), but stuck on my skis or more so my helmet it would be a bit overwhelming, also would probably have trouble sticking it on due to the curvature.
I'm just scrambling to find a 50mm circle on my desk to get things into perspective, right got it, 50mm isn't too huge certainly not for my skis. For my helmet I think i'd still want to trim it down a bit, but with the PG format one it should be fine (with the bottom chopped off as described).

I'm happy to donate a bit towards the costs of getting this up and running if it helps.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 9-09-04 14:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Slowplough wrote:
To mean anything to people who aren't snowHeads should we not have a concise explaination at the bottom instead of live snow, love etc

i.e online community
or cyber-snowsports community
or love snow then join online

just a thought

I think not having an explanation is a good thing- adds a bit of mystery Madeye-Smiley Then people on the ski-lifts will ask what on earth snowheads is all about. Not sure this will work in Europe as people don't seem too chatty on the lifts for some reason - will probably work much better in the US/Canada snowHead
ski holidays
Any updates?
snow report
My only comment would be to ditch the "!!!!"'s from the text. A bit too operatic. Otherwise I'll go for them.
snow report
skanky, seconded
snow report
U (Admin) couldn't access my file, so I've sent them to him by email. I guess his approval will be needed before anything more is done.

The !!!!!s are part of the header design of this site, that's why they're on the sticker. Not that they can't be deleted of course.

Any more thoughts on the size: if I produce them we can do various sizes, and various colours.
snow conditions
Still not sure about the fonts, but agree we should lose the "!!!!"

No imput from the "U" on this?? Should we put a few designs to the vote? Size? What are they for... T shirts, hats..?

Shold be easy to get rid of a few hundred, but on what basis... profit 'X' to snowHeads? Retailing at so much in The Shops perhaps, with a discount for snowHeads?
ski holidays
RachelQ, I hadn't noticed that. Without wishing to be petty I'm now not keen on them up there, either - but it won't affect my patronisation of the site. Wink .

PG, Cost plus x a sticker? A number of stickers per donation? Makes for some job in the distribution stakes....and that's probably the main problem.
snow report
RachelQ, can you curve the bottom edge of yellow 'SnowHeads' so it looks like a goggle line?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll have some artwork on here later tonight.
snow conditions
Oh, and Masque, shove and expand the cloud/snowpack upwards so that it's more of a hat/helmet? The rough idea is that www.snowheads.com should really be the nose of the smiley, unless you want to do an earringed snowshehead, with www. and .com being the earings outside the smiley? Put as much text underneath as you need for the toothsome grin. Thanks!
ski holidays
Had a bit of a play with the logo first . . . thoughts?

snow conditions
Good one 3rd from top. Can you Alp up the snowpiles?
snow conditions
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing brilliant.
ski holidays
Masque, Laughing great effort, like the darksiders one Wink

prefer the 3rd one.........just a thought, can the H be made up of skis and a board?
ski holidays
cool stuff, is it the case that the fewer colours the better for making stickers and the like? In which case the first two are best.
ski holidays
I think the second one would be a lot easier to produce, 3rd one is ok but the top of the d vanishes into the hat and just doesn't read right, how about a jesters hat on the o instead ? like the idea of the skis and board for the H, also could you darken the yellow very slightly ?
latest report
D G Orf, agree about the hat on the d, I like no 2, or no. 3 with a different d...
latest report
I think I prefer the first one (second as second choice).

Could snowHead be incorporated as the "O"?
ski holidays
possibly swap the eyes on the o and the e arround the wraprounds on the o make it look more e like or even make the o more like Wink ?
latest report
D G Orf, make the O shades-less? Or have goggles on?

I'm only crtiticising because I can't do. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy