Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowhead stickers

Poster: A snowHead
I would vote for the second or third ones down with red (preferred) or blue background. Great job, Masque.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent - the blue rectangular ones do it for me. Not so keen on the round ones - I keep reading the 'live snow' as 'live show', like we were advertising a gig or club !
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about one of the rectangular designs as a car sticker? Not too expensive to produce, I believe.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you squint ( not really very hard), there's a longshoreman-sort of angel smilie with wraparounds on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When will something be available to buy?
You creative types are doing a grand job but you could go on tinkering with the logo forever and the overall impact of the sticker will change very little.
I'm ready to buy some now and if there are any plans for a T-shirts or fabric patches for jackets etc. I'll have a some of them also.

Time for a decision and an online shop.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As Masque said on the last page, consensus by Tuesday latest because he was off to France to build some drains.

Which means we've got 6 hours to sort it out.....

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 28-09-04 18:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oops, I've been working in France for the last week with no access to the net or email (bliss) so I just scanned the prev posts to catch up. You guys do write a lot in a week!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fantastic effort, Masque! They look really good. Agree with most of the comments posted, and blue background definitely looks good (yellow/red combo makes me think of McSnowheads for some reason...)

Definitely up for two - one for each ski!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So... have we missed the boat?? Is masque already in La Rosière doing his drains??

C'mon guys and gals, let's get our act together, someone make a decision!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morning PG, yes he's in La Ros for a couple of weeks or so, arrived on Sunday - I expect he'll be in touch shortly! However the sticker development is not likely to advance till he gets back to the UK.

Ice
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IceQueen,

So you are alive and kicking?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
New Kid On The Block, (sick), of course! Sorry I missed your Birthday the other day, but I gather you're still not old enough to go out for a drink, officially?

Ice
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is the sticker idea dead? or is there still work going on behind the scenes? It's a great opportunity to promote the site and it would be a shame if it doesn't get off the ground in time for the fast approaching season. snowHead

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 13-10-04 22:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Meister Jäger, we just missed a deadline of getting it done before Masque went away to dig ditches (or something). He's the one with all the pictures and we can't really move till he gets back.

Anyone know when that will be? IQ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I thought he was back, or has he been posting from La Ros?
snow report
Thought Masque was waiting for some kind of consensus?? Or a decision from on high?
snow report
Got back Sat PM, been a bit tied up with some work (woohoo!).
I'll have prices for straight cut rectangular stickers tomorrow AM, I'll post immediately - I'll PM admin for final design approval.
ski holidays
Masque, somehow I missed this thread. Wow! Your sticker designs are absolutely fabulous!
And so Brave of you to post them here. Fascinating to see the development. Amazed by your patience and tolerance when subjected to a torrent of contradictory comments.
(I am sure RachelQ's stickies were wonderful too, but i get the dreaded 404 when clicking the link).
I can't choose which design. They are all good.
If we really get going now we should have the full range of merchandise ready just in time for Xmas.
(Half a glass of this Trappístes Rochefort and I'm anybody's)
ski holidays
Have the snowheads stickers got stuck somewhere in the pipeline ?
snow report
I'm still hopeful - thought I might do a bit of 'flyposting' down at the funicular in BSM!
ski holidays
I'm still very keen to get my hands on some
snow conditions
Masque, I like the basic one - K.I.S.S. - always a good motto. Wink
ski holidays
No-one else has said it so I'll say the M word. Money. It is just possible somebody needs some up front to get an order placed. If so, say the word and I'm sure something can be worked out to fund them.
Then we need someone prepared to run a Mail-Order outfit collecting money and posting out the finished article to snowHeads who want some. Sorry, the clanky Kuwaiti Post Office precludes me from volunteering for that job. Or maybe U could flog them via snowShops ??
ski holidays
A suitable printer's would help too. I just haven't had the time to seek one out.
snow conditions
Hi , i use a printers here in spain, they are very good and may be able to get us a good price, but then we would have to get them to you. If you want me to get you a price i would need to know which design you want and what sizes and on what.
latest report
I've happened upon this message a bit late but this is the type of thing my company manufactures. I would be happy to do some stickers at a subsidised rate to pay for my perpetual lurking but it seems that a concensus on the design will be the hardest thing to achieve.

There's obviously a lot of work been done already on artwork and masques proofs do look very good but may end up a bit busy in reality depending what size they are being reproduced at. For what its worth I prefer the url without tag lines etc. below. I would rather not get involved in the distribution because from past experience with low cost high volume mail order its a bit time consuming!

So whats really needed is a confirmation of design/colourways, size, initial quantity and material - I'm assuming self adhesive vinyl for most exterior uses and would suggest these are simply guillotined with square edges as custom cutters are restrictive.
ski holidays
AAAAAAAGH! just caught up with this thread 'cos I've been tied up with many other things ('Spawn's' move from Manchester - Looking for work, the Nazification of the USA - etc.)
I sent an email to Admin a few weeks ago about print pricing, looks like it died in the ether so mea-culpa for not following it up!
Back into it this morning . . . but I’m back in France with no internet access for the next 3 weeks !!!! (probably do a lot for my mental health)
What I'm prepping is a 4 spot-colour vector drawing file (Corel Draw and Illustrator - Mac/PC compatible [I’ll set the version to CDR8/AI9]) with all the different permutations in it. I’ll get this to admin b4 I go. Anyone can have and use this data to print from, it just needs the printer to extract the bits you want and step them up for screen printing.
I’ll PM admin with my tel: to coordinate.
Shocked
ps. Artwork is for a rectangular guillotined 4"/100mm wide sticker
snow conditions
I'd like to download the raw (Corel Draw) pictures to print locally Smile
(Assuming you're OK with that)

oh, and I'm up for stickers + cloth too in case anyone's trying to do numbers

David
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
To move this along a bit I've called a mate of mine who is a printer. To get 500 stickers printed on vinyl (any design) and approximately 80ml if they are round and slightly more if they are any other shape will be in the range of £120-150.
So about 30p a shot. That includes cutting etc. Obviously the unit cost comes down with increased numbers.
I don't particularly want to go into the mail order business but I'm happy to help get something done, if I can. I know various companies that can print on T.Shirts etc.
So if Masque, or admin, can make a decision of what exactly we are looking for I'll come up with costs and anyone can compare to prices they can get locally.
snow report
At that price, I'm happy to commit to buying say 20 ( to distribute amongst a ski club I belong to ), and happy to pay whoever I need to via most of the traditional "remote" methods.

I'll keep monitoring to see what happens
snow report
I've put a poll up so we can work out likely demand.
ski holidays
I've sent the following A4+3mm bleed file to admin in Corel Draw 9, Illustrator 8, EPS and vector PDF. It's set up for 3 spot + black print and is completely editable (apart from fonts).

With this post I confer all copyrights and intelectual ownership to 'Snowheads'

Talk to him to access this resource.

re. pricing, get quotes for SRA4/SRA3 films and screens and a 4 hit run of 100/200/300/500/1000 sheets before guillotining
prices sould be about 10p/sticker for 300(600) A3(A4) sheets

sorry it's a bit scruffy - I'm real short on time
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy