Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow near Pau?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thank you for those who had some good suggestions re transfers between Geneva and Val Thorens. I now have another problem. I want my girls to see some snow in half term, but skiing isn't a necessity - they will be happy as long as they can build a snowman! I was thinking of flying into Pau for a couple of days in the half term week (mainly cos it's very cheap with Ryanair!), but have no idea if there is any snow down there at the moment, or where I might go to find it when I arrive at the airport! Any sugesstions would be most welcome - skiing would be a bonus as I say, but it is by no means essential.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
liam71, I'm a bit embarrassed - where is Pau?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
liam71,
The pyrenees are just about devoid of snow at the moment. There is a while to go to half term though so things may change. I only know the area from the summer so cannot give good advice but up around Gavarnie or the Pont d'espagna are very beautiful then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's down near the French/Spanish border, sort of in the east of the area known as the Pyrenees Atlantiques, and thus to the west of the Hautes Pyreness. (so if they are 'high', I would hope that there might be some snow there??) I see people talking about flying into Toulouse for skiing, but that's a fair way away from where I was planning to go!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The nearst resort to Pau is Gourette which has a few lifts and was very good the day I went there a couple of years ago. At weekends there is a bus service which leaves the main square in the mornings, where you'll also find the timetables. I guess you will find some snow there at half term.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 16-01-07 12:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hiya, have been to Gourette twice in the last 2 years, we had absolutely wicked snow!
Benefits are cheap flights and a direct transfer by bus to resort for 14 euros from Pau Gare (bus link runs from the airport for about 5 euros)
Hardly an English go there and the locals dont all speak english very well, the town isnt very big either with not an awful lot to do Apres but we loved it there and i really rate the resort. Big wide runs and no queues for the lifts BLISS
BUT on the downside...... unfortunately this year they are really suffering - check the webcam www.gourette.com bare grass !!
Have some friends that are booked to go there on Sunday and they are praying for that infamous cold front rumoured to be coming.
If they get snow i would recommend this resort (but not too loudly - dont want everyone finding this gem and ruining it !!!!) and i will def be going back at some point.
Hope this helps
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A little bit further than Gourette are Cauteret & Bareges/La Mongie , both within a couple of hours drive from Pau via Lourdes. Having flown in via Pau, I had a great couple of days in Bareges december 05, & was due to ski Baqueira the weekend before this last Xmas, but lack of snow meant we ended up in Cauteret which was at least skiable. I'd grab the cheap tickets & checkout the webcams (www.snoweye.com ) closer to the time for the best of the nearby resorts
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy