Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I got 'em - Head 8.8's from Skee-Tex

Poster: A snowHead
Well, this morning I poshed my feet and legs up (thanks Cathy and went shopping at Skee-Tex. 2.5 hrs later came back with these:

I can't get the above image to preview, so if it doesn't show the link is at:

https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/showphoto.php/photo/5273/ppuser/647

As a.j reported I wasn't hurried, and they kept adjusting the boots until I was happy - we had a slight problem with tightness around the calves, but they lifted my heels a little and adjusted the back of the boots until this was more comfy. Strangely my larger foot in the boot felt OK sooner than my smaller one, we tried footbeds, but they didn't make an appreciable difference, so have gone without, I guess once the boots have been used and 'bed in' if I still need them they can be retro fitted. We tried a few boot types, but kept going back to the Head 8.8's and although I have no experience of owning and skiing in fitted boots these seem to conform in all the areas the snowHead 's said to look out for.

Lots of people came into the shop and they all agreed with snowHead 's that I was doing the right thing in buying my own boots, and quite a number said that they had owned the same boots, bought from the shop and been more than satisfied with them. I have been given an unconditional 'come back if you are not happy' guarantee and they will even refund 75% of the purchase price for 2 years if I find skiing in them is unbearable and they find there is an insurmountable problem in getting them to fit.

Now, where's the snow..................
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, well done! Hope they turn out to be comfy for you Little Angel When are you off to the snow?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy, thanks for posting - everyone else has just ignored me so far (I think 20+ views before your note) Sad - a bit disappointing because everyone else on here seems to get some encouragement for new kit - it's a shame mine are pretty basic, but they are special to me as they are my first pair Smile . I go 9th February, so I hope there'll be some snow by then, so plenty of time to bed them in - I think I'll wear them while I make all the sandwiches in the evening to do this bit of the process. I've been told to go straight back if they give me any bother, but so far they feel fine. Walked around the house for about an hour showing them off when I got in from the shop!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
they look the business, wee shiny blue buckles and everything!

I hope they provide you with many happy hours comfy skiing Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

everyone else has just ignored me so far (I think 20+ views before your note)

I was coming back to reply snowHead
Dont forget it is now compulory to do the ironing in your new boots untill you go away just to help you to wear them in Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, its always quiet on here at the weekends, don't worry! Yes, its good to wear them in round the house - hope you don't have wooden floors! Madeye-Smiley I just tried mine on with my thermals to see how they fitted (see other thread!) & it felt just great to put them on! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, congratulations! Are you wearing them now? wink I remember buying my first boots... definitely worth it - reduced queuing in ski hire shops and definitely more comfy. :sH:Why do you think yours are basic?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hoppo, Yes, I am!

Quote:

Why do you think yours are basic?

'Cos they're only beginers ones, I guess most of you experienced snowHead use far more techinical stuff?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Dont forget it is now compulory to do the ironing in your new boots untill you go away just to help you to wear them in

this is very true because of the flowing side to side action.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, well done! I remember buying my first ever pair and how exciting it was. Don't wear them out before February. I hope they'll be the business on your feet for your ski holiday and many more to come. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, I've only been sking ~7 weeks - which isn't very experienced. Your boots look quite similar to mine, until recently admin was skiing using what looked like the cheapest rental boot available Toofy Grin Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hoppo, no rental place would try and give you a pair of boots as bad as admin's wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice bootie Megamum! There's something so nice about putting on boots that you know aren't carriers of fungal toenail infections, athletes foot and verucas. Enjoy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks folks, there's no one round my home that really appreciates what I've bought, so you've made me happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, Well done you!!! I hope they are nice and comfy for you. I bought mine 'off the peg' tried a few different ones and decided on Salomon ironys, wore them round the house a few times then skied for a week in them! no probs at all lovely and comfy, but best of all they don't stink of everyone elses smelly feet, I can understand your excitement completely, we have a weekend booked with some friends, they were so excited they rushed out and bought boots too!! Very Happy oh and mine are beginners ones too. I will always be a nervous novice!! snowHead
snow report
Hi feefee, here's to us 'nervous novices' Very Happy
snow conditions
Megamum, Absolutely!!
latest report
There's absolutely no need to feel that your boots are "beginners" boots. Most "beginners" now are far better than really expensive boots that would have been aimed at people who think they are high level skiers a few years ago.
snow conditions
Megamum, well done you! I hope they give you many happy slides for years to come... well, until you feel the need to replace them anyway wink snowHead
latest report
Megamum, I get plenty of Mum's taking 'Head' at my shop, i hope you will be as happy as they are! Toofy Grin
latest report
Thanks for the sentiment SMALLZOOKEEPER, it was even further to visit you in Chamonix! than it would have been to go and see CEM!
snow conditions
Welcome to boot ownership! Hope they work out for you - I think those are the same ones my friend got (although he doesn't have the fetching pink ski socks Very Happy)

aj xx
ski holidays
Megamum, hurrah! they look lovely - it's great to have your own boots - just make sure (whilst walking around the house) you don't stand on the following;

1. expensive pair of glasses (my dad did this)
2. the dog's foot (me)
3. a child's foot (her sister)

Have they got the velcro strap at the top - I get mine quite tight & the boots are really comfy. Smile
snow report
oh & I forgot to mention - don't go to sleep in them, my great uncle does this frequently (I believe alcohol is a contributory factor), they are v. uncomfortable & wake you up at 3.00 a.m., when you can't turn over. It is a good way to dry them though, apparently Laughing
snow report
Megamum, i was walking around the house with my first new boots years ago to my wifes annoyance and went into the kitchen where i promptly slipped and one leg lashed out and put a major dent in our one month old stainless steel SMEG cooker. I still notice the dent everytime i go in the kitchen and i still dont care.....
snow conditions
skimottaret, a war wound to be proud of Smile
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you are getting worse Twisted Evil Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Liam, rpft, Don't egg him on guy's, I was very studiously ignoring that side of the comment - the last thing he needs is encouragement!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy